Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: female patients are more likely to survive cancer diagnosis  (Read 1126 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.

The latest cancer research reveals good news for women, but not so much for men. New findings say that female patients are far more likely to survive a cancer diagnosis than males. In fact, the study by Macmillan Cancer Support shows that nearly twice as many woman than men are still alive 10 years after being diagnosed.

Here are the surprising reasons why:

-Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women and is much easier to treat than the most common form in men, which is prostrate.

-Men are more likely to be diagnosed with lung cancer, which only has a 10% survival rate.

-Men are more likely to ignore symptoms.

-Men are more reluctant to see a doctor when they are ill. Consequently, they are not diagnosed as soon and the disease may have spread or reached a hard-to-treat stage.

-Prostate cancer research typically receives less funding than breast cancer research.

No matter what the type, getting a diagnosis is a frightening experience. However, there is hope for all patients. Experts say new, effective treatments are emerging every day. Though, it's important to take action before you are actually ill. The best way to safeguard your body against cancer is to exercise regularly (just two hours of brisk walking per week will do it), eat healthy diet that includes dark green veggies, give yourself breast exams, and if you are a smoker, quit immediately.

guys, be more aware & take care of your health  ::flowers