Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Is it safe to buy PS4 2nd hand games?  (Read 3165 times)

Adonai

• <3 2 F ur MoM
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
Is it safe to buy PS4 2nd hand games?
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:52:02 am »
darating na ps4 ko sa september 2014. so ang tanong ko safe bang bumili ng mga 2nd hand na games since 30-50% off sila compared sa bnew? what are the cons? thank you... balak ko sana sa sulit or ayosdito. hehehe

sa ngayon,

lego the hobbit
fifa 14
infamous second son
You're not your. This not these. It's not its. We're not were.

Thanks Gat J.P. Rizal for the Arsenal shirt. <3

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Re: Is it safe to buy PS4 2nd hand games?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:34:36 am »
depends on the region where you bought it , basicaly its like buying an original DVD or Bluray you need to define what Region are they

US are Region 1 , Asia is region 2 i think

thats the downside of Console gaming if you buy your console in US and your living in Asia
you need to find a game thats been region to your console

not all console are plug and play

pero if you buy it sa pinas then i cant see any problem buying used games

the only downside is Downloadable contents the original owner might use it so if you put in the code again it will be rejected coz each downloable goodies are register to the first owner

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 11:51:59 am »
PS3 and PS4 are 100% Region Free / Unlocked

so yes it is safe

estavio

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 9
  • xoxoxoxoxo
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 01:47:29 pm »
safe naman pero depende rin sa tao na pagbibilhan mo.

b0ler0

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 99
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 01:50:41 pm »
Adonai, I think you are more concerned about the quality of second hand PS4 games rather than their region compatibility, am I correct?

If so, it's always YMMV.  Some brokers of second hand games do not bother to check the discs for scratches and what-have-yous.  If you happen to buy a damaged disc, then the game won't work.  So try to buy from reputable sellers, and if possible, check the discs yourself before paying for them.  Also, if you're buying here, make sure that the return/exchange policy is clear before completing the transaction.  Due diligence, as they say.

Now, what I can tell you is that, compared to older generations, PS4 discs should have less wear and tear if handled with an average amount of care.  This is because every retail PS4 game is installed on the system's hard drive, and once installed, the system will only read the disc when booting up a game, similar to how most retail PC games from the last two decades operated.  This is unlike previous gens when the systems will always read the discs to load up data.

The cons of buying second hand PS4 games?

Well, it won't smell new.  I know, I know, this is such a shallow issue, but many gamers actually love the smell of new games, much like how many bookworms love the smell of new books.

Also, some used games won't have their corresponding DLC codes, if they were released with the retails discs.  Worse, most DLC codes, once used, cannot be used again for another PSN account.  You will have to buy these DLCs from the PS Store.  You're planning to purchase Infamous: Second Son, for example.  Infamous has a Day 1 DLC (supposed to be a pre-order bonus but it wasn't that exclusive upon release) called Cole's Legacy.  If the code has been used by the previous owner, you won't be able to play this 1 to 2 hour adventure.  Same with Assassin's Creed IV with its, what, 9 or 10 Day 1 DLCs?

Luckily for you, Sony has disallowed the usage of online passes, something that FIFA 14 and Assassin's Creed IV planned to implement.  You can still enjoy online modes for your used games, for as long as you subscribe to PS Plus.

I hope this helped!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:06:28 pm by b0ler0 »

Adonai

• <3 2 F ur MoM
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 11:55:15 pm »
marami pong salamat. di naman ako masyadong mag o online gaming. anyway meron na akong infamous second son (free kasama ng ps4), fifa 14 at yung hobbit na lego.

sa fifa 14 lang siguro ako mag online gaming. hehehe.

balak ko sanang bilin na cd ay

call of duty/battlefield any version
diablo III

yun pa lang. september 2014 pa dating ng ps4 ko from abu dhabi. does it mean region 2 to?
wala pa akong masyadong alam sa online/psn or whatever ng ps3/4. hanggang ps2 lang kasi ako eh. di ako nakatapak ng ps3.

also, pwede ko bang i save yung game sa HDD ng ps4 para hindi ko na laging isalpak yung game CD? is that how it works? hehehe. i'm so excited na. i'm a football passion fan eh. hahaha.

Adonai

• <3 2 F ur MoM
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 12:52:16 am »
bump ko lang walang sumasagot ng tanong ko. thanks

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 09:38:09 pm »
To know what region your PS4 is, look at the model number. The last number usually tells what region it is.

PS Plus, in almost all cases, is required on PS4 to play online. Free to play games are the exemption. One year subscription to the service is $50, the value you will be getting for it is worth it. Specially if you have a PS3 and a PS Vita, well maybe not the Vita (depends on your outlook on its future), because the subscription also covers those consoles.

Besides access to online multiplayer, you will get two free games for each console every month, so if you have all three consoles that's 6 games free every month. Those games are accessible as long as you are a PS Plus subscriber, once your subscription ends and you don't renew it you will lose access to those free games until you renew your subscription.

You will also have exclusive discounts up to 75% on the Playstation Store, games bought at a discount will remain accessible to you even if you do not renew your subscription. You also have access to online storage for game saves up to 3GB.

Check out PS Plus.

The games offered on the Playstation Store differs for every region though so you have to consider that before making an account. Generally the US store offers the best list of free games per month.

Games usually have a mandatory install, anywhere from 5GB to 50GB (or more) of data, but that doesn't mean you can play it without the disc (unless it was a downloaded game from the Playstation Store).

Adonai

• <3 2 F ur MoM
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 04:49:57 am »
okay thanks juan pablo. i just got my ps4 last saturday. super wow ng graphics. planning to buy bnew diablo III (i'm a fan eh), 2nd hand killzone,cod,battlefield and most wanted, last of us too! excited i am! hehehe

Adonai

• <3 2 F ur MoM
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 01:34:11 am »
OT: galing sa dubai tong PS4 ko. pano pala warranty nito? pag nasira ba ipapadala pa dun sa store na binilan? badtrip kung ganon. orrrr pwede kong dalin sa SONY PH at i present ang warranty card ng PS4?

L-Burna

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 12:43:57 pm »
Sir how much bili mo sa Dubai ng ps4 mo? thanks

Adonai

• <3 2 F ur MoM
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 09:10:08 pm »
@^

sir inabot 28k+ eh

eto mga nakuha ng kapatid ko

ps4 console w/ bundle infamous son 2
extra ds4
fifa 14
lego the hobbit

also, yung ps4 ko galing dubai. regarding sa warranty, kailangan pa bang ipadala tong ps4 ko sa dubai if ever magkaroon ng problem or pwedeng dalin sony phil at ipakita ang proof of purchase at warranty card na nasa loob ng ps4? salamat sa makakatulong.

also, maaaari nyo bang i post dito yung mga games na walang DLC? the reason is yun ang mga bibilin kong 2nd hand games. worth it bang bumili ng games na may DLC na bnew? balak ko sanang bumili ng bnew na diablo III, last of us, battlefield 4 at killzone.

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 05:07:53 am »
Regarding warranty, as far as I know if your PS4's box has a Regional Warranty label/notice, in addition to the warranty card and receipt, then you should be able to send it to an official Sony service center and they should accept it. I am not 100% sure on that though, it would be better if you ask someone from Sony Philippines, preferably a manager.

Games that do not have some sort of DLC's are few to none, specially newer games. You could always ask the seller if the DLC codes included in the game have already been used. Some players don't care about DLC's and just finish the game without using those codes then sell the game after.

The worth of a new game with included DLC's will depend on how much you want those included DLC's.

Adonai

• <3 2 F ur MoM
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 01:02:53 am »
thanks john paul! tingnan ko pag uwi ko sa bahay this weekend yung ps4 box. hehehe!