Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Most Sexist Laws Around The World #InternationalWomensDay  (Read 12069 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Most Sexist Laws Around The World #InternationalWomensDay
« on: March 08, 2015, 12:44:46 pm »

March 8 is International Women's Day, which recognizes the successes of women around the world. A lot of women sure have achieved a good amount of equality in recent years, but some ladies around the globe aren't so lucky.

These are the 25 mot sexist laws around the globe, and they are doing a lot of women no favors.

1.Women in Saudi Arabia are infamously banned from obtaining driver's licenses.

2.Saudi Arabian women arn't allowed to vote either, so obviously they're not going to be voting for the right to drive anytime soon.

3.In India, any sexual act committed by a husband on his wife cannot be considered rape -- at least as long as she's over 15 years old.

4.The same law exists in Singapore, but the wife only has to be 13.

5.Women in China are banned from working in mines, or "doing any job that requires intense physical labor"

6.Females in Madagascar aren't allowed to work at night.

7.There are 456 official jobs in Russia that can't be done by women.

8.Men in Indonesia, Mali, Algeria, Kenya, and Tanzania are allowed to have more than one wife, but women are not allowed the same privilege when it comes to husbands.

9.Another Saudi Arabia one that seems strangely odd -- women aren't allowed to go into cemeteries. One female journalist asked, "Can they go in if they're dead?" Good question. Yes, apparently, in case you were wondering.

10.In Cuba, boys can get married at 16, but girls only have to be 14.

11.Only women can be prostitutes in the Philippines, where a law from 2012 states that "women who, for money or profit, habitually indulge in sexual intercourse or lascivious conduct, are deemed to be prostitutes."

12.In Yemen, a woman is considered only half a witness.

13.Inheritance laws in both Tunisia and the United Arab Emirates state that "the male inherit twice as much as the female."

14.Wives in Yemen don't have a right to turn down their husbands. The law states that she must allow her man to "have legitimate intercourse with her when she is fit to do so."

15.Women are not allowed to vote in Vatican City.

16.Mothers who suffer the pain of having a miscarriage may be jailed in El Salvador.

17.In Morocco, girls are forced to marry their rapists.

18.Iranian men are allowed to marry non-Muslim women, but a woman's intended must convert to Islam if he wishes to marry her.

19.Tanzanian widows may be turned out of their matrimonial homes, forced to leave children, and any property earned during the marriage.

20.Female genital mutilation is a widespread issue in Africa, and un-pursued by authorities.

21.Lebanon doesn't have civil codes to cover divorce, property rights, or care of children.

22.Japanese girls only have to be 16 to marry, but the boys must be 18.

23.In Malta, a kidnapper is given leniency if he plans on marrying his victim. He isn't punished at all if he actually does.

24.Girls are considered adults and therefore criminally responsible at eight or nine years old in Iran, but boys aren't held to the same standards until they're 15.

25.It's totally legal in Nigeria for a husband to beat his wife, for the "purpose of correcting" her. Also a parent or schoolmaster may beat a child in order to correct him or her.

sadsies...time for things to change. ::flowers

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
Re: Most Sexist Laws Around The World #InternationalWomensDay
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 03:37:23 pm »
There appears to be a pattern in there. Then again, it could just be my imagination.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 12:21:18 am »
except for nos. 5 wherein women are banned in china from working in mines due to the intense labor required, the others in my opinion is so outdated and absurb... observe that most of the laws comes from islamic states...

monosapien

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 116
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 02:06:44 am »
sa Philippines pag naglalaba yung Misis mabait na may bahay.

Pag yung tatay yung naglalaba parang bumababa pagkalalake nya.  >:(

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 03:54:23 am »
sa Philippines pag naglalaba yung Misis mabait na may bahay.

Pag yung tatay yung naglalaba parang bumababa pagkalalake nya.  >:(

baby, if lalaban mo damit ko, that's hawt,that's an OXYTOCIN inducer & that's a score!  ::laffman TOINKSSS

Hopefully, we become more aware of 'feminine & masculine energy' is doesn't mean that we have to separate men & women.It's an ENERGY. We all possess that.We need to have both especially in a working intimate relationships.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:58:02 am by FerminaDaza »

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 05:38:00 am »

baby, if lalaban mo damit ko, that's hawt,that's an OXYTOCIN inducer & that's a score!  ::laffman TOINKSSS

Hopefully, we become more aware of 'feminine & masculine energy' is doesn't mean that we have to separate men & women.It's an ENERGY. We all possess that.We need to have both especially in a working intimate relationships.

Or as writer Susie Bright once said: if you have even the slightest inkling that your partner wants to be in control while you two are getting it on, just smile, say a prayer, let her take the top position, and just roll with it.  ;D  ::flowers

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 09:01:01 am »
Maglalabasan nanaman yung mga "feminist" lol.

Karamihan dun sa "sexist" laws e dahil sa religion and yung sa china I don't think it's sexist at all, more like for their own protection.

Ang pinaka grabe at malala dito e yung sa india. Dyan napakarami talagang violence at crime against women. Lantaran pa yung mga rape.

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Emma Watson:"Chivalry should be consensual"
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 12:26:49 pm »
I won't get tired of reminding E.Republic that FEMINISM is simply the *belief that both men & women deserve to be treated *equally. Let's just have fun in trying to make this world better for the future of our children. ayieee :D

onto-

Another reason I heart Emma Watson.

Yesterday the UN Goodwill Ambassador sat down for a Q&A at Facebook headquarters in London for International Women’s Day. One of the topics that came up was chivalry, and how to reconcile those expectations with modern ideas of gender equality.

Emma responded by saying that she thinks actions like holding a door open shouldn’t just be something men do for women, but also something women do for men and people do for other people in general, because it’s “polite.” She then shared a story about the time she tried to pay for dinner on a date and got a less-than-positive response:

“It was really awkward and uncomfortable. It was not going down well. I’m sure he would say he was a feminist but he was just like, ooh, I’m not really sure about this, it’s making him feel a bit tetchy. The cool thing was that we were both willing to have the conversation about why it was awkward, or why it was uncomfortable. We were able to have this dialogue. I chose the restaurant because it’s my favourite restaurant. I would love to pay, but next time, you choose the place and you pay, or whatever it is. The key is chivalry should be consensual, both parties should be feeling good about that. I think it’s a problem when people expect things to be a certain way, to follow a certain status quo.”

:applause you go,girl  ::flowers

monosapien

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 116
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 08:30:45 pm »
Or as writer Susie Bright once said: if you have even the slightest inkling that your partner wants to be in control while you two are getting it on, just smile, say a prayer, let her take the top position, and just roll with it.  ;D  ::flowers

I fancy girls who love to be on top sometimes not only in bed. Parang na ffeel ko yugn power nila. Yung pagiging Woman. yung confidence.. nakaka boner din minsan. haha hawwwt!

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
Re: Emma Watson:"Chivalry should be consensual"
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 11:22:23 pm »
I won't get tired of reminding E.Republic that FEMINISM is simply the *belief that both men & women deserve to be treated *equally. Let's just have fun in trying to make this world better for the future of our children. ayieee :D

onto-

Yesterday the UN Goodwill Ambassador sat down for a Q&A at Facebook headquarters in London for International Women’s Day. One of the topics that came up was chivalry, and how to reconcile those expectations with modern ideas of gender equality.

Emma responded by saying that she thinks actions like holding a door open shouldn’t just be something men do for women, but also something women do for men and people do for other people in general, because it’s “polite.” She then shared a story about the time she tried to pay for dinner on a date and got a less-than-positive response:

totally agree with you mam... the world is a better place when harmony and peace exist...

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 04:08:16 am »
Maglalabasan nanaman yung mga "feminist" lol.

The Espiya feminists are a necessary check to the thrust (pardon the unfortunate pun) of some of the Espiya males so I, for one,  don't mind their presence.

[...] yung sa china I don't think it's sexist at all, more like for their own protection.

But if that's the case, then shouldn't Beijing also ban women from becoming athletes?

“It was really awkward and uncomfortable. It was not going down well. I’m sure he would say he was a feminist but he was just like, ooh, I’m not really sure about this, it’s making him feel a bit tetchy. The cool thing was that we were both willing to have the conversation about why it was awkward, or why it was uncomfortable. We were able to have this dialogue. I chose the restaurant because it’s my favourite restaurant. I would love to pay, but next time, you choose the place and you pay, or whatever it is. The key is chivalry should be consensual, both parties should be feeling good about that. I think it’s a problem when people expect things to be a certain way, to follow a certain status quo.”

As far as I'm concerned, if the woman wants to pay for the meal, the entertainment, or even the whole date, I have no objections just as long as she knows that I'm willing to fork over the cash if it becomes necessary.  ;)  ::flowers

I fancy girls who love to be on top sometimes not only in bed. Parang na ffeel ko yugn power nila. Yung pagiging Woman. yung confidence.. nakaka boner din minsan. haha hawwwt!

Ain't that the truth, Seigneur. A woman who can, for example, say "Hold him still" in six different languages while suturing a wound using a sewing needle and thread under a hail of small-arms fire and then come home and rock lingerie or a tank top and boxers while you two are making whoopee in her boudoir...well...God bless you if you have such a woman in your life, mon ami;D