Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Send off nostalgia:Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour "Wish you were here"  (Read 6899 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6p2FAE8v0#t=116[/youtube]

Pink Floyd ending things with the release of The Endless River, but the guitarist also helped send off one of London’s legendary venues with a surprise performance of a Floyd classic alongside Bombay Bicycle Club.

From NME:

The show was the last ever gig to take place at London’s Earls Court Arena before it is demolished and the site is redeveloped. It saw Gilmour playing lap steel guitar on the London’s band’s own song ‘Rinse Me Down’, before he picked up an acoustic guitar and sang Pink Floyd’s ‘Wish You Were Here’ from the 1975 album of the same name, much to the delight of the packed-out crowd.

Gilmour was introduced onto the stage by Bombay Bicycle Club guitarist Jamie MacColl. “This man gave me my first guitar and was one of the first people to play this venue and by my count has played here more than 27 times,” he commented. Pink Floyd first played Earls Court Arena in 1973, on their ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ tour. via