Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Carmelo is a Free Agent Now  (Read 9453 times)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Carmelo is a Free Agent Now
« on: June 22, 2014, 06:44:22 pm »
Melo is now a free agent

Carmelo Anthony has decided to opt out of the final year of his contract with the New York Knicks and become an unrestricted free agent, according to multiple sources.

Anthony has until Monday to officially inform the team of his plans.

Carmelo Anthony will opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent, according to sources.

Knicks president Phil Jackson said recently that he hoped Anthony would consider opting into the final year of his contract and testing free agency in the summer of 2015. Jackson has privately expressed that hope to Anthony several times since the end of the regular season.

The Chicago Bulls are one of several teams with whom Anthony would consider signing, according to sources.

According to league sources, Anthony has talked to at least one high-profile person who lives in Chicago about what it's like to be famous in the Windy City.

The Bulls also have reportedly done their due diligence on Anthony in recent days. According to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau has reached out to some of Anthony's former coaches to inquire about the seven-time All-Star.

Anthony can sign a maximum contract worth $129 million over five years with the Knicks. He can ink a maximum deal worth $96 million over four years with another team.

Anthony has discussed the possibility of accepting less than a maximum contract to help the team that he signs with attract additional free agents.

Source : ESPN

dweizz

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 35
Re: Carmelo is a Free Agent Now
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 08:29:48 pm »
not a big fan of melo... his lazy defense negates his great offense... and for someone who touches the ball most of the time, he never reached 4 apg in a season... definitely overrated in my opinion

dada0524

• Regional: Tagalog Region
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 5
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 10:24:51 pm »
one of my source say's that Carmelo will join with Miami.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 12:04:32 am »
one of my source say's that Carmelo will join with Miami.

in my own opinion Miami didn't need Carmelo the team need a good Center , Greg Oden isn't Healthy so as Birdman

Bosh isn't enough to support the 2 back up center , and I hate the Fact that they push Bosh to shoot some 3 although it help but it's not a good idea once he missed a shot no one will do a rebound

raginghormones

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 89
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 01:18:25 am »
bulls or rockets yang si melo. asa pa miami.

he fits well with the bulls. defensive coach si thibs, baka matuto siyang dumepensa. plus babalik na si drose..ulit.

as far with the rockets, they need to make a lot of roster moves to free cap space to sign him, though it's still far shot but it's still doable unlike the chances of either boston and miami to nab him in the market.

im much concerned kung san pupunta si klove kesa kay melo. mas team player si love e. sana matuloy yung trade ng warriors at twolves :)

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 01:33:43 am »
in my own opinion Miami didn't need Carmelo the team need a good Center , Greg Oden isn't Healthy so as Birdman

I agree. So unless their plan is to do a sign & trade deal for Bosh (or Lebron), Melo would be better off signing with other teams.

Rockets may have the money but I don't think he'll be happy there considering Harden and Howard both like to hold the ball. Maybe he should seriously consider the Bulls...

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 03:50:20 am »
Are there any other interesting consolation prizes (so to speak) among the free agents for the teams that didn't make it to the playoffs? Or would the also-ran teams (no offense to their fans) be better off picking mostly from the draft pool?
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

raginghormones

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 89
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 06:19:27 am »
Are there any other interesting consolation prizes (so to speak) among the free agents for the teams that didn't make it to the playoffs? Or would the also-ran teams (no offense to their fans) be better off picking mostly from the draft pool?

wala sa draft lang. big market teams usually end up with the cream of the crop in free agency. lottery teams just look in the draft and hopefully they'll end with a great pick.