Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: the few the proud the marines ( documentary by Jay Taruc )  (Read 2740 times)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
the few the proud the marines ( documentary by Jay Taruc )
« on: September 28, 2013, 02:20:31 pm »
eto yung documentary na sinasabi ko sa isang tread

Part1
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_dQadwlPNY[/youtube]

Part2
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyLuNbxJXws[/youtube]

Smitty Werben Man Jensen

• Once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy...
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 56
  • who knew this guy's cousin!
  • Special Skills: Necromancy
Re: the few the proud the marines ( documentary by Jay Taruc )
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 11:03:22 pm »
napanood ko to dati hehe, nung una paiyak iyak pa yung isa tapos nung binalikan na sila nung malapit na grumaduate talagang malaki na yung pinagkaiba compared sa 1st 2 weeks haha

may nakakatawang part dito yung pull-ups tapos ang exit mo kailangan babaligtad ka dun sa bar in pull-ups position pa rin, tapos yung isa sa sobrang takot or di ata kaya bumaligtad, nilagtawan na lang normally yung bar legs first haha. Yung mukha nung drill instructor nag-iba :o sabay tanong anong ginawa mo?!  laffman::

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 01:03:19 pm »
Proud to be a marine.. 2 years ago ;)
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 11:33:44 pm »
Proud to be a marine.. 2 years ago ;)

what do you mean?  discharged?

sabi nung opisyal during the interview, "umpisa pa lang tanggalin na namin yung civilian way of thinking . . ."  The removal of the civilian way of thinking of all uniformed men, in my opinion, is like a double-edged sword.  it sort of refines the person for active duty, however also "alienates" or sort of "isolates" them from the other segment of the population. 
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 04:29:57 am »
what do you mean?  discharged?

sabi nung opisyal during the interview, "umpisa pa lang tanggalin na namin yung civilian way of thinking . . ."  The removal of the civilian way of thinking of all uniformed men, in my opinion, is like a double-edged sword.  it sort of refines the person for active duty, however also "alienates" or sort of "isolates" them from the other segment of the population.

That reminds me of the old joke that says "MARINES" stands for "Muscles Are Required; Intelligence Not ESsential". It started among the "jarheads" of the USMC, if I recall correctly.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 05:49:26 pm »
That reminds me of the old joke that says "MARINES" stands for "Muscles Are Required; Intelligence Not ESsential". It started among the "jarheads" of the USMC, if I recall correctly.

like following the line "blind obedience".  they expect you to act first and think later.  total mind and body rewiring.  bilib ako dun sa secret service documentary dati.  it shows how they condition the mind to not be afraid of gunshots.  in fact, instead of running away from the source of gunshots, they actually try to rush to it.  such was evident in the reagan failed assassination.  you can see one agent reacting by going between the gunman and the president.  ASTIG!
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 10:06:06 pm »
like following the line "blind obedience".  they expect you to act first and think later.  total mind and body rewiring.  bilib ako dun sa secret service documentary dati.  it shows how they condition the mind to not be afraid of gunshots.  in fact, instead of running away from the source of gunshots, they actually try to rush to it.  such was evident in the reagan failed assassination.  you can see one agent reacting by going between the gunman and the president.  ASTIG!

You think the U.S. Justice Department will ever let John Hinckley, Jr. live a normal unmonitored life? Personally, I think they'll keep tabs on him until the day he dies.

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 04:48:38 pm »
You think the U.S. Justice Department will ever let John Hinckley, Jr. live a normal unmonitored life? Personally, I think they'll keep tabs on him until the day he dies.

oh well, being the MOST POWERFUL NATION doesn't mean you are not insecure.  and i think US is also the most insecure.  and spying on its own men, daily routine of uncle sam, not only towards his enemies, much more his friends.

go look for youtube vids, you'd see what i am saying - fraction of a second into the shot, agent already positioning himself between gunman and president.  walking vest for the president.  tapos yung isa, sabay labas ng uzi!  astig din na baril although on the heavy side.

Krit

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 3
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 06:46:21 am »
nice docu ni jay taruc.  Well, ganun naman dapat actually lahat ng sundalo.  Kung puro tanong ka, bago ka sunod ng utos, siguradong mamamatay ka or mauubos yung unit mo.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 01:38:41 pm »
nice docu ni jay taruc.  Well, ganun naman dapat actually lahat ng sundalo.  Kung puro tanong ka, bago ka sunod ng utos, siguradong mamamatay ka or mauubos yung unit mo.

But then there are times when you do have to think for yourself and maybe even do things your own way, especially when your CO doesn't know what he's doing and is liable to get you all killed. As Clint Eastwood said in Heartbreak Ridge, the Marines are paid to adapt and to improvise.