Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Nintendo goes from "Wii!" to "Whatdafuq?!?!"  (Read 3831 times)

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
Nintendo goes from "Wii!" to "Whatdafuq?!?!"
« on: July 31, 2013, 03:39:08 am »
hahaha wala na si Nintendo Fan pimpsqueak and along with him Nintendo, and the PS3 and XBOX One arent even here yet

via The Verge

Nintendo made an operating loss of 4.92 billion yen ($50.19 million) on net sales of 81.5 billion yen ($832.85 million) in the first quarter of its 2013 financial year, the company announced today. Net profit was 8.62 billion yen ($88 million), and the company has made no alteration to its prior forecast of a 100 billion yen operating profit in the current fiscal year.

"The Wii U is still a loss leader"

Just 160,000 Wii U consoles were shipped(shipped NOT sold) worldwide between April and June, along with 1.03 million software units. Nintendo says that hardware sales still have a negative impact on the company's bottom line, implying that — even with these unimpressive numbers — the system is still being sold as a loss leader.

The company moved 1.4 million 3DS handhelds over the quarter, a 25 percent decrease on last year, but software sales were 49 percent higher buoyed by titles such as Tomodachi Collection: New Life in Japan and Animal Crossing: New Leaf in the West.

DjDaveTrance

• "A real man gives up one night stands, for a woman he can't stand one night without"
  • Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • Pioneer/VIP/Staff/Moderator
Re: Nintendo goes from "Wii!" to "Whatdafuq?!?!"
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 04:03:20 am »
Sooner or later this Nintendo will become a "collectors item" ..... If you know what I mean.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 04:06:38 am »
it's fun to play wii U with your family or with your friends who is not that game dedicated or a hardcore gamer

wii is build to have some fun and bond with your family and friends

while the two console monster were build to let you dominate the online world and let you live your fantasy for a while

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 04:29:25 am »
Di pa kasi nila nilalabas ang big guns (Zelda, Smash Bros) for the Wii U kaya mahina pa ang sales.. Kasalanan din nila kasi titles like Monster Hunter and Resident Evil, ni-release din nila sa 3ds.. Kaya until magkaron sila ng solid exclusive game, most people will stick with the original Wii..

CHILO20

• Abysmal Chef
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • You are the reason why i fight and live on.
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 04:37:24 am »
i think nintendo should merge with sony or other company to survive. .XD

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 05:04:25 am »
Nintendo should pray and offer sacrifices to whatever gods they worship that SONY and MS dont bring a Mobile Handheld Console that will destroy the 3DS line, if the VITA was turned into a full fledged Android Phone with the hardware it has along with a PLAYSTATION Games functionality then its GAME OVER NINTENDO

b0ler0

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 99
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 05:16:29 am »
I have a Wii U and I like it.  The potential is clearly there with its tablet controller.  But, just like what Master Dave said, the dearth of software titles is the killer.  I only have the packaged Nintendo Land, Zombie U and Super Mario Bros. U.  I look at the upcoming releases and I feel so disheartened to see "no new releases for this week" flashed in many of the calendar blocks leading to October.

Right now, my Wii U is sharing some private time with my PS Vita... inside the TV rack's compartment, hugging each other and collecting dust.

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 05:26:54 am »
it is normal dahil nasa mild bust pa ang japanese economy for the record breaking history of almost 18-20 years

and may reputation ang Nintendo to beat all odds ilan beses ng nalugi ang nintendo and yet they keep standing magaling CEO nila pero hanggang kailan sila tutulungan ni Lady Luck heheheheheh

kaya lang nakaka survive ang Sony dahil sa dividend nila sa Blu-ray disk na it will be the standard format as long na dipa umabot ang household internet to 100Mb/second eventhough may nasayang din silang flop na products na malaki investment

at ang x-box dahil may milkcow sila yung ang microsoft windows OS

Nintendo should pray and offer sacrifices to whatever gods they worship that SONY and MS dont bring a Mobile Handheld Console that will destroy the 3DS line, if the VITA was turned into a full fledged Android Phone with the hardware it has along with a PLAYSTATION Games functionality then its GAME OVER NINTENDO

kung matatalo man sila they still have exclusive games na pwede nilang pagkuhan ng pera as royalty fee like what's SEGA doing at kalakalan sa royalty fee is per piraso

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 06:03:30 am »
i think nintendo should merge with sony or other company to survive. .XD

Ironic since nagsimula ang Playstation sa Nintendo.
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

Death Knight

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 07:26:49 pm »
Wala kasing incentive para bumili ng Wii U, pero sa tingin ko kaya naman nito ang graphics ng mga grimdark-brown-and-bloom-cowadooty games na uso sa ngayon sa North American market, pero either mas gusto ng developers na gumawa ng games sa ibang system (mas lalo ngayong ayaw gumawa ng developers sa WiiU dahil sa dismal sales) o mas inferior ang magiging graphics nito. Yung controller din, gusto ko ng innovation, pero sana gumawa sila ng paraan para maging compatible yung Gamecube controller sa WiiU.
Pilipino. Matatapang. Matatalino.

CHILO20

• Abysmal Chef
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 12:17:51 am »
Ironic since nagsimula ang Playstation sa Nintendo.

yup. .and theres definitely less activity na sa nintendo kung papansinin mo mga news feeds nila. .ironic nga pero kung yun mas magandang option sa tingin ko and mas magiging diverse ang market ng sony if ever

solmyr

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • Rockman!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 02:46:48 am »
Sana maki-ayon naman tong si Nintendo sa trend. Pero siguro ganun talaga ang mga Japanese. Kung ano lang yun kinalakihan nila, dun lang sila. Oh well..

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 04:27:52 am »
Sana maki-ayon naman tong si Nintendo sa trend. Pero siguro ganun talaga ang mga Japanese. Kung ano lang yun kinalakihan nila, dun lang sila. Oh well..

ewan ko lang pero more on fun talaga ang nintendo ever since , kasi yung smash brothers noon sa N64 pati golden eye is one reason bakit nabuhay nintendo , tapos yung panahon na yun lumabas na yung Dreamcast which has way more better graphics than Playstation games example nalang natin yung Resident Evil Code Veronica and Shenmue 2 ng Dreamcast both games has a kick as* graphics that era

at alam ko rin na kasabay nung mga games na yun ang Resident Evil 3 at Final Fantasy 8 sa Playstation i think

pero yun nga upto the point nag labas Dreamcast ng Marvel VS Capcom 2 sa line of games nila and Playstation goes for Dance Dance Revolution

Nintendo stick with the Old Games like Mario Cart  , Smash bro and Golden eye 007 which is the best games nung mga panahon na yun which is makes them the best in that era

and that makes Microsoft go for the Xbox Project which is similar to Dreamcast's "Project Dolphin" in my own opinion

and computer games like CS and Red Alert are coming to destroy console world by LAN gaming

CHILO20

• Abysmal Chef
  • 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 12:34:30 am »
baka maging jap exclusive games na lang and iuupdate nang nintendo in the future. kasi tama nga tradition na lang din nang ibang mga jap. naalala ko tuloy yung kakilala ko sa japan na old guy 60+ years old kapag wala siyang work pupunta lang siya sa park dala yung 3ds niya tapos maglalaro siya. ;D