Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: HowTrue: That Story About the PrOCter & GAmBLE GuY & His PACt w/ The DeViL?  (Read 16813 times)

DjDaveTrance

• "A real man gives up one night stands, for a woman he can't stand one night without"
  • Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • Pioneer/VIP/Staff/Moderator
I'm sure u've all heard of it, the Procter & Gamble Guy (I forgot his name) who supposedly sold his soul to the devil in exchange for material wealth. There's even that suspicious ring of thirteen (?) stars in every trademark. The rumor goes that all employees automatically pledge their allegiance to Satan once they're in.

How true is this exactly? Do u know sumeone working at P & G? Is this just sum kind of an urban legend? How did this start?

Do you ever wonder why their commercials are mostly BLACK? Even models Wears black?

I even have a friend who swore off from all P & G products.

Okay, let's begin the probe.Let's hope we can get at the truth behind it.

=========================
Courtesy from: slurbrun
=========================

laitzu

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 23
 ;D narinig ko na rin nga ito .. pero kwentong barbero din.. 
 smoking::

from snopes..

http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/procter.asp
Get $50 to start/Earn up to $20/day/Earn $5 per referral

darcknight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
para sa akin hindi totoo, just pure business strategy ng kanilang kalaban, ikaw na at yung kumpanya mo ang makabilang sa Fortune 500...

Backgrounder:

William Procter, a candlemaker, and James Gamble, a soapmaker, formed distinct companies. The two men, immigrants from England and Ireland respectively who had settled earlier in Cincinnati, might never have met, had they not married sisters, Olivia and Elizabeth Norris.

Since both their industries used similar resources, the Panic of 1837 caused intense competition between the two and as a result it led to discord with the family. Alexander Norris, their father-in law decided to call a meeting where he convinced his new sons-in-law to become business partners. On October 31, 1837, as a result of the suggestion, a new enterprise was born: Procter & Gamble.

The company prospered during the nineteenth century. In 1859, sales reached one million dollars. By this point, approximately eighty employees worked for Procter & Gamble. During the American Civil War, the company won contracts to supply the Union Army with soap and candles. In addition to the increased profits experienced during the war, the military contracts introduced soldiers from all over the country to Procter & Gamble's products. Once the war was over and the men returned home, they continued to purchase the company's products.

The Original Procter & Gamble Logo Controversy

The company received unwanted media publicity in the 1980s when an urban legend spread that their previous corporate logo was a Satanic symbol. The accusation is based on a particular passage in the Bible, specifically Revelation 12:1, which states: "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars." Since P&G's logo consists of a man's face on a moon surrounded by thirteen stars, some have claimed that the logo is a mockery of the heavenly symbol alluded to in the aforementioned verse, and hence the logo is Satanic. Where the beard meets the surrounding circle, a mirror image of the number 666 can be seen when viewed from inside the logo, and this has been interpreted as the reflected number of the beast, again linked to Satanism. Also, there are two horns like a lamb that are said to represent the false prophet. These interpretations have been denied by company officials, and no evidence linking the company to the Church of Satan or any other occult organization has ever been presented. The company has sued and attempted to sue a number of companies and individuals who have spread rumors of this type, in some instances because they sell competitive products and have spread such rumors for the purpose of tarnishing P&G's image to increase sales of their own brands.As stated in one of the resulting lawsuits, the logo originated in 1851 as the symbol for their Star brand of candles. It was later altered to show the man in the moon overlooking 13 stars, which were meant to commemorate the original 13 colonies. An example of one such rumor was the fabricated account that the president of P&G had appeared on a Saturday edition of The Phil Donahue Show. He declared that he was a Satanist and that the company's logo was Satanic. This rumor circulated despite the facts that the company's president has never made such a statement in public, had never appeared on Phil Donahue's show, and that Donahue's show never ran on Saturdays. Later variations of this rumor replaced the Donahue show with Geraldo Rivera's show.

However, the continuous media coverage prompted P&G to adopt an entirely new logo consisting of just the letters P&G. In television commercials in China, the former P&G logo still appears at the end of each commercial, and up until 2004, it appeared at the end of each commercial in Japan.The original logo still appears on Procter and Gamble stock certificates as of this date, and also at the entrance of some P&G facilities.

A Dilbert strip pokes fun at this controversy. In the strip, The Pointy-Haired Boss asks "Phil, the Prince of Insufficient
Light" what he does for money. Phil responds, "Corporate sponsorship. Procter and Gamble pays me to stay away from them."
THE SPADE IS THE SWORD OF JUSTICE, ITS RAPIER MARKS THE END

prinzshady223

• ill give you an offer you can't refuse
  • Regional: Central Luzon
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
same din ang kwento kay henry sy sr. na sinanla daw niya ang kaluluwa nya sa demons...

then to cut the urban legend, nagpatayo siya ng church sa premises ng sm MOA...

videocopilot

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 6
  • Only ESPIYA feeds my eyes, who feeds yours?
parang narinig ko na nga tong kwento na to..

ang sabi pa nga nila na kaya daw procter and gamble ang pangalan kasi nga sinanla daw kaluluwa sa demonyo..

"protect my business, i gamble my life"procter and gamble.. yun ang sabi sabi..
We spend HOURS for you, why don't spend SECONDS for us? Give THANKS! Hit the GOLDEN FINGER!

Onatsky

• eSPiYang Tarlaqueño
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
elementary ako nung narinig ko tong kwentong ito.. born again yung religion namin nun, and sa kanila ko narinig yung kwentong yan.. gusto ko din malaman kung totoon nga ito.. nice topic pareng dave..
"If you don't like me, do you think I like you?"

Stiffy

• Banned - Terms Violation
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 4
Officemate ko born again din, yun din ang sabi nya na may ganun nga sa P&G. Btw, he handles P&G account. Also, sabi nya may pinagbibigyan daw ng funds ang P&G para sa mga satanic group.

I'm Ninang is working in P&G, she's one of the top lawyer there. Pero, kilala ko ang Ninang ko, super bait yun. Hindi sya papasok sa P&G kung may ganun arrangement.

blank_blank

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
may naniniwala pa rin pala sa ganito hehe

leightot

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • BEA SUZY! ftw
matagal na tong rumor na to. pero syempre di siya totoo! not all products ng p&g are dark. in fact yung clear hindi nga siya P&G eh hehe! isa kami sa nag bbid ng mga products ng P&G everytime my isasara silang wearhouse, malaki naitulong sa amin ng P&G nakapag tapus and currently studying ang ibang mga kapatid ko sa magagandang universities dahil sa P&G so I think its not fair enough to judge them to the fact that they've helped us a lot. :)

gnardy

• Anime Fans
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
elementary din ako nung narinig ko itong story na ito.. may mga story at list of products na pinamimigay nun sa labas ng school namin nun.. by the way, nagaaral po ako sa isang christian school nung time na yun..

pspyrock

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 47
pwedeng totoo pwedeng hindi...
halos lahat ng successful at kilala sa lahat ng larangan pinagbibintangan na binenta ang kaluluwa nila sa demonyo para marating yung fame and success nila... example: beatles, eraserheads, bill gates, pope, etcetera...
ang totoong nakakaalam lang ng katotohanan tungkol dito ay yung taong mismong involved at ang Diyos, pati yung demonyo pala na pinagbentahan ng kaluluwa.  ;D

Bill Clinton

• Paparazzi
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 237
So panira lang pala talaga, buti na lang may Snopes. Andaming ganitong black prop, mga tao nga talaga
makaangat lang sa kalaban ang hilig mag imbento.
"I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."

mayki

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • awts
Sa email yata ito nabasa ng tatay ko at ikinuwento niya sa akin  8)
aza

puretuts

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 44
70's pa ito. Buminta for a while, tapos na wala. Dahil wala naman talaga.

jazier23

may na rinig narin aking ganyan noon ah... jan daw mag sisismula ang 666..

force_driv3n

• The AntiVirus
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • Nobody Can Stop Information Insemination
I think it's a hoax guys, because there is  even a chismis na ang mga capitalista ng P & G ay mga Jesuits..  ::investigate
the unexamined life is not worth living and the unexamined thought is not worth having!

3D

;D narinig ko na rin nga ito .. pero kwentong barbero din.. 
 smoking::

from snopes..

http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/procter.asp

::moreinfo ako pdng 22o yan kz nga daratng ang tym na lht ng mga products sa mundo ay pag aari ng ng anti chrts...

info lng po if u notice dati d uso ang may halal na seal ang mga produtcs ngaun halos lht may halal seal na.........

kumikilos na tlga ang anti chrts.......

DjDaveTrance

• "A real man gives up one night stands, for a woman he can't stand one night without"
  • Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • Pioneer/VIP/Staff/Moderator
::moreinfo ako pdng 22o yan kz nga daratng ang tym na lht ng mga products sa mundo ay pag aari ng ng anti chrts...

info lng po if u notice dati d uso ang may halal na seal ang mga produtcs ngaun halos lht may halal seal na.........

kumikilos na tlga ang anti chrts.......

Thanks sa Pag Share nang iyong Observation Papz!
Kaya lang No Text Language po tayo Please!

use your keyboard!!

::followrules
Thanks!