Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Why doesnt the Philippines have its Own Military Research?  (Read 7683 times)

Charzh90

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Why doesnt the Philippines have its Own Military Research?
« on: August 09, 2011, 02:34:22 am »
we have our own resources or if not buy materials from our allies..+LABOR= Cheap..
I believe in philippine made(if done well)..but why do we still have to depend on others?
we still live in the cavemen times..pana..itak..bangka..What is the Focus of this govt. where does our Money go ?

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
Re: Why doesnt the Philippines have its Own Military Research?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 03:09:35 am »
we have our own resources or if not buy materials from our allies..+LABOR= Cheap..
I believe in philippine made(if done well)..but why do we still have to depend on others?
we still live in the cavemen times..pana..itak..bangka..What is the Focus of this govt. where does our Money go ?
errr... sa bulsa nila?
maaari rin nilang sabihin na, maraming mas importanteng concern kaysa sa military.
I wonder what are those  laffman::
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

puneta

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 2
  • Au revoir
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 03:10:13 am »
kasi nga walang pondo ang gobyerno natin dahil yung iba sa kanila gusto lang yumaman, kung baga mga makasarili sila kaya ang mga binabayaran ng ating mga kapwa pinoy na tax ay ninanakaw lang ng gobyerno for self-purposes at tsaka may utang ang Pilipinas sa Amerika kaya hindi tayo umuunlad. simpleng pagtatapon nga lang ng basura sa trashcan hindi pa magawa ng iba e, panu na ang pagpondo para sa Military Research facility na yan..

music::
Long time no Espiya.

ogamer104

• Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 18
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 03:27:12 am »

Research is not labor intensive.And you dont need much resources/materials dahil nasa research phase ka pa lang.
What you need are weapons designers,physicist,nuclear scientist etc etc which i think we have.

There s nothing wrong with depending or learning from others,why start from the beginning when you can start halfway?
Even superpowers of today copies or even steals the design of others.

mashedpotato

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • wahaha
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 03:32:35 am »
maraming problema ang bansa natin chief na mas mahalaga kesa research about military sciences.
unahin mo pa ba yan over the lack of classrooms?uunahin mo pa ba yan over calamities since we have an ave of 19 typhoons per year?maraming mas priority kesa dyan.sadly wala halos accomplishment nagagawa ang government natin
dahil maraming corrupt officials napakabagal ng due process of law natin kahit sino man ilagay mo i dont think there will always be this problem.maganda lg dito sa pinas malaya kang gawin ang nais mo other than that wala na.

puretuts

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 44
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 04:17:24 am »
na alala ko nasa new dati: nag demo sa locally develop na version nang m4. Na bali ang stock.

HeLL_Vhoy

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • PaG WalaNg SuMbUnGeRo WaLaNg PakiAlamero
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0603/anime/?action=view&current=narutogang1.gif
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 04:38:32 am »

kung pagkain nga ng mga pinoy di nila kayang iprovide what more sa ammunition and other weapons pa tsaka madami tayong warlords in different region of the country baka siguro ok na yun panapat sa kalaban lol
Born to fight, Trained to kill, Ready to die, But never will I

jarod_tracer

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 02:55:08 pm »

1. There is no political will to do so.
2. There are no strategic initiatives.
3. Only a few in the government has the brains to do 1 and 2
4. The people do not vote properly to get 1, 2 and 3.
5. People are too lazy to try to achieve 1,2,3 and 4
6. People tend to be critics and not analysts. (the senate do more fact finding hearings than pass legislation. fact finding that leads nowhere that is. and that is on your tax money by the way)
7. Blame it on the filipino culture of "mapagtiis". (pwede na yan, ay umaandar pa! pwede pa gamitin yan)
8. Blame it on the filipino culture of reacting instead of thinking of solutions. (we tend to react instead of thinking what to do in case something happens. we just wing it)
9. Blame it on activism. (the cost we paid when we sent the US bases away. the cost of being totally free from foreign control as i remember what the activists wanted during my college days)
10. People tend to blame everything on others instead of looking at themselves.

errrrrrrr? naubusan na ko idea's eh.

dorodexplorer

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 03:27:54 pm »
Correction po mga kaespiya.... Nais ko pong ipabatid sa lahat na ang nasa military po natin... magagaling po sa research... Isipin mo ba namang Nairesearch nila lahat ng Pwedeng Pagkakitaan? Tingnan nyo lifestyle ng mga generals natin, modernized na sila...he!he! meron na silang Modern SUV's, Modern Mansions... etc.

But in Fairness to the Military Men na Tapat sa tungkulin... we should give credit to them... Bulok na ung mga equipments nila, pero dahil sa diskarte nila,, nagagawan nila ng remedyo... Halimbawa, yung Airforce natin, Bulok na mga chopper, pero napapalipad pa nila... Ganun sila kagaling... They deserve to have modern Equipments, to fulfill their duty well...

I salute all Military Men na Tapat sa Serbisyo...

cheeze013

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 04:18:37 pm »
Mga ka-espiya, it's been a while since I've posted here, pero natuwa ako sa topic.  So to share my two cents: (dahil may insider info ako on the military)

1)  Our military DOES have its own research arm.  In fact, our military research arm is working well beyond their compensation.  The strategies being researched and employed by our military are also non-traditional in a sense that we do not focus on researching on the latest weapons, infrastructure, etc.  Our research focuses more on the strategic and tactical level of operations (i.e. how we deploy our soldiers, how we organize our troops, how we allocate our funds and how we can achieve a unified defense in terms of inter-country response).

2)  We do not have enough funds to purchase military grade weapons (no matter how much our generals allegedly stole).  If it frustrates us that we cannot even defend our airspace and maritime borders, image how much more frustrating it is for our soldiers, who actually have to defend them.  One war ship costs millions of dollars.  Supposed that the alleged funds HAVE been stolen by our generals, if we pool these alleged stolen funds together, it still wouldn't be enough to buy enough ships (plus fuel and maintenance) to defend our seas.

3)  Internal security issues.  We have problems with MILF, MNLF, NPA and Abu Sayaff inside our country, and our police are incompetent when it comes to maintaining internal security.  Hence, our military has expended years of research and millions of pesos to try to achieve internal peace.  What is the point of securing our borders if the greatest threat to our sovereignty comes from secessionists.  Our military has dedicated countless hours of research and actual operations to win over the people to the side of peace instead of joining the NPA who have been a huge impediment to progress.

In this light, it's actually amazing that we have NOT yet been invaded, nor ejected, for any of our islands (as opposed to Vietnam who use conventional military approach, has a lot of military strength, but still lost territory to Chinese invasion).

Lumalabas ang tunay na galing ng Pinoy dito, mahusay tayo mag-isip at mahusay tayong mag-strategize, all thanks to our military research.

Sa mga sundalong 20 pesos per meal ang budget, na malayo sa kanilang pamilya, na nakabaon na ang isang paa sa hukay..  :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause

ogamer104

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 18
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 04:37:02 pm »
@ bro cheeze

i think you re referring to Logistics,Tactics and Management and not research.
Vietnam and China shares a LAND border they dont have to cross seas to attack.

Anong territory ng vietnam ang napunta sa china?

flipblood

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 04:45:52 pm »
hay naku TS .. san kaba galing sa bato?

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 07:51:59 pm »
wala tayong R and D kase wala ng makukurakot ang mga Generals

isipin mo na lang na mas magaling pang gumawa ng mga armaments ang ating mga weapon maker sa Pinas and yet e walang suporta ang mga AFP

wickedsaint

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 11
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 03:02:37 am »
dapat i-research ng AFP natin ang pang kukulam at pang babarang, tignan ko lang kung may mahanap na albularyo mga intsik na yan sa china..isama na rin sana sa research kung pwede sadyain ang pang uusog o balis..another secret weapon ng mga sundalo natin yun pag natutu sila mang usog..

gkhan

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 04:28:13 am »
I was researching on possible courses na dapat introduce dito and I came across a course in Stanford called Military Technologies. Siguro nga, dapat may course na ganito, BS in Military Technologies.  Kasi, yun PMA, ang approach siguro eh puro combat tactics lang.  Wala yun overall approach na halimbawa research on materials that can be used for combat and civilian operations, deployment mix, estimates of casualties, formulation of cyber warfare techniques and formulation of strategies and tactics on national security.  Yun modernization of the armed forces kasi is only to actualize the programs as may be enunciated from a National Defense Plan at yun Plan naman ay may military at civilian component.  Kun ano ang bibilhin na barko or fighter jet or submarine is an offshoot of what our military think tank can conceptualize at kun anuman defense na gagawin o paglikas ng tao sa panahon ng digma ay dapat may mga akibat na plano rin - may Plan A, Plan B at Plan C. Yan National Defense Plan should go hand in hand with a National Economic Policy also. Ay naku, kaya kayang isipin yan ni Mr. Benigno? Baka isip nya dyan ay problema at sya pa naman ang taong ayaw makarinig ng problema.  Kawawang Pilipinas.

ogamer104

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 18
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 02:12:03 pm »
Military tech course in Stanford.?Sure ka?

cheeze013

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 03:29:43 pm »
@ bro cheeze

i think you re referring to Logistics,Tactics and Management and not research.
Vietnam and China shares a LAND border they dont have to cross seas to attack.

Anong territory ng vietnam ang napunta sa china?

Yes brader, exactly.  Much of our military research goes into Logistics, Tactics, Strategies and Management, and rightfully so because we as a people scarred by the Marcos Military regime cannot resort to conventional military strategies to maintain peace within our land.  Maraming research din ang kailang for non-traditional military operations, much more than the by-the-book traditional military ops.

Though as far as advancement in technology is concerned, wala rin tayong budget to do that, and we don't have enough intellectual capacity and resources for it as well.  What we do have is a strategic alliance with countries that do have enough resources to spend on technological research.  so that's that :)

bakit ka nga naman magreresearch on a technology that you cannot afford diba?  spend wisely.  that's the moto of our military research facilities :)

gkhan

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15

ogamer104

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 18
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 10:59:45 pm »
military tech for PMAers?

military history,new weapons tech,applications and use,effects of new military tech etc etc..yan ang course outline sa stanford.That is not research.Weapons designs are for lab rats ,engineers ,scientist and not for Military commanders.They just need to know how a weapon works ,they dont need to  know how to make one.

"research on materials"  ano yun?you need our PMAers to be metallurgist and chemist?

And the rest of your blabber about contingencies,civ oper,casualties they are all under logistics,tactics,management and
contingency planning.,,again that is not research.

Do you put together a bunch of words to make it look like that you mean something?

May finale ka pang Benigno at ang kawawang Pilipinas.

gkhan

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 03:30:32 am »
military tech for PMAers?

military history,new weapons tech,applications and use,effects of new military tech etc etc..yan ang course outline sa stanford.That is not research.Weapons designs are for lab rats ,engineers ,scientist and not for Military commanders.They just need to know how a weapon works ,they dont need to  know how to make one.

"research on materials"  ano yun?you need our PMAers to be metallurgist and chemist?

And the rest of your blabber about contingencies,civ oper,casualties they are all under logistics,tactics,management and
contingency planning.,,again that is not research.

Do you put together a bunch of words to make it look like that you mean something?

May finale ka pang Benigno at ang kawawang Pilipinas.

Hijo, mag aral ka muna kaya ng Operations Research. Or have you heard of Rand Corporation?  Even the selection of materials or weaponry are a product of research.  Deployment of personnel, say a mix of how many soldiers in Mindanao or Cebu at any given time is a product of research. But I guess, di mo naiintindihan yan.  Well, do I put you in the intellectual level of Mr. Benigno?

bosographer

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 05:18:24 am »
Bulsa muna bago bayan.

cheeze013

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 02:58:09 pm »
Hijo, mag aral ka muna kaya ng Operations Research. Or have you heard of Rand Corporation?  Even the selection of materials or weaponry are a product of research.  Deployment of personnel, say a mix of how many soldiers in Mindanao or Cebu at any given time is a product of research. But I guess, di mo naiintindihan yan.  Well, do I put you in the intellectual level of Mr. Benigno?

well said gkhan.  some of us pretend to know.  i guess it can't be helped, may mga tao talagang uninformed at miseducated.

in any case, R&D wala talaga sa Pilipinas, and we have neither resources or time to invest in it.
kaya nga the strategy is to let our allies do the research and we purchase from them, it's sad, but it's the most viable option.

2fear!

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 44
  • Espiya - tapukanan sa DDS!
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 03:06:10 pm »
mahirap na! baka yung mga taong na assign sa pagre-research eh sila pa ang mag aaklas sa gobyerno... sigurado taob ang gobyerno...

ogamer104

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 18
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 06:35:56 pm »

of course selection of materials is research,but you were talkin bout the PMAers ,right?Deployment of personnel is research? laffman::say what branch of AFP does that research.were talkin of deployment ha.
What do generals do,ask their subordinates like.
"tinyente,mag research ka kung ilan padadala kong sundalo sa spratly.Ask mo yung R n D natin.ASk them not logistics command." ::lmao

Maybe you should first ask webster of the definition of research. :applause

ogamer104

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 18
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 06:39:15 pm »
well said gkhan.  some of us pretend to know.  i guess it can't be helped, may mga tao talagang uninformed at miseducated.

in any case, R&D wala talaga sa Pilipinas, and we have neither resources or time to invest in it.
kaya nga the strategy is to let our allies do the research and we purchase from them, it's sad, but it's the most viable option.

owss ,so what part of vietnam were lost to china.When and where?