Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: physical memory dumping  (Read 3367 times)

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• can2terorist PARACETAMOD MEDJAKOL
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • Basta count to ten laang ng count to ten
physical memory dumping
« on: May 15, 2006, 04:53:37 am »
sombody knows (especially to sir bodieph) how to explain this PC problem that ive experiencing this for a week now...when my PC starting to boot-up the message always appear in a blue screen sayin "to prevent PC from damage..blah..blah..then at the bottom saying " Physical memory dumping" i do a lot to scan my computer for viruses/spyware but i dont see anything suspicious...kinda help me how to fix this..thnx and more power..
Awake to righteousness,and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of GOD 1 corinthians 15:34

isko

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
Re: physical memory dumping
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:08:47 am »
Memory Problem.. try to change your memory sir!..Sure ayos na yan!! 100%  ;D

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 09:03:46 am »
physical memory dump? sa start pa lang?

yes that has something to with memory but i dont think its related to your hardware memory

that is most likely caused by a conflict in the virtual memory

perhaps, windows was trying to use some space to run and it clashed with the virtual memory (hard drive space used as pagefile by windows, somewhat like additional memory)

try to access virtual memory settings and set it lower or bettery yet, set it to another drive, wag drive c since andyan ang windows mo

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 01:14:56 pm »
yup starting palang hindi kn maboot-up..try ko rin ung isang HD ko ganun prin..starting lng to sa isang download update ng MS un bang GD + dtection tools..after installing nagrestart sya un na umpisa ng problem..ginawa ko nlng pinagatyagaan kung idelete ung ibng programs hindi kelagn tpos restore ko sya in earlier time un nagagamit kn sya ngaun..but ithink sa memory nga eto...266DDr 256mb lng gmit ko sa 56 running process..conflict po ba eto sir?(bodieph)
Awake to righteousness,and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of GOD 1 corinthians 15:34

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 01:20:58 pm »
as i said, most likely sa virtual memory yan, not hardware memory

the cause is most likely yung new programs na install mo uses some hard drive space to run and it runs in conflict with the page file of windows (which is also hard drive space being used as memory)

just try to re-assign your virtual memory

eto pa pala, ano yung nasa gitna nung blue screen yung something it mentions the error seems to be caused by

ano yung nakalagay dun? yun ang importante para matrace kung ano ang source ng conflict

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 01:35:39 pm »
"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" gnito lng po ung nkalagay..

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 08:24:20 pm »
ok, try to check each and every one of your hardware kung nakakabit ba sya mabuti. try to update the drivers

hmm, still, it shouldnt have dumped the physical memory kung pastart pa lang sya. baka yung isang driver nagkakaron ng conflict sa windows. maybe it is using a space in the hard drive that is also being used by windows for pagefile

kruedenZ

• Carpe Diem! Seize the day!
  • Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -2
    • Journey24seven
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 11:16:07 pm »

This error may also result because of a faulty (corrupt driver) for your keyboard, a usb device, a video card, a sound card or even updates from micro$oft. Tignan mo kung anong file <device>.sys ang kasunod nung message above and you will have a clue whats causing the memory dump. In other cases it can be caused by windows shutting down faster than it should. My guess is that when Windows is swapping from memory to the hard disk, something is where it is not supposed to be and so it stops. How does this happen? When XP first came out, it shut down so fast that the write procedure to the disk telling its index where it left off didn't complete itself.

If you can boot to safemode try to uninstall security patches or updates from micro$oft. Try to uninstall also the last program or software that you have installed. If the problem persist, your other option is to reformat your drive. If that doesnt work.... well...  ???

SpyTamers

• The Hitch-Hiker-Hunter 2006
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 43
  • Tamers Simply Amazing !
    • Tamers Homepage !
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 11:51:46 pm »
Most annoying problem. Ever. You're just working happily along when all of a sudden BAM, the Blue Screen of Death pops up and "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" very prominently appears. Generally with a cutesy little hex error towards the bottom of the screen.  STOP: 0x0000000a, or something like it.

Sadly enough, every time I've run into it it's been a hardware error. Most commonly it is the CPU overheating. A close second would be bad RAM. The first thing I would do if you have this issue is to run the machine till it gives you that error, then immediately reboot it, go into the BIOS and check the CPU temperature. 3/5 times it will be way too hot. Go to the store, buy a fancy new heatsink with a ball bearing fan (don't need it binding like a bushing fan will eventually do), pick up some thermal grease while you're at it, and install. Your problem will likely go away.

If not, get some memory that you know is good, and test that out in the system for a while. Be sure to pull out all memory that is currently in the system, or this test will do nothing. If it stabilizes after that, then replace the memory permanently, shoot the old like a clay pigeon and have a nice day.

Sometimes though, especially with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, even that is not enough. This is where you get hardcore with the troubleshooting. In the BIOS, load Fail-Safe defaults, disable the onboard modem, sound, and LAN (where applicable). Take out all the cards, with the exception of video, and run the machine for a while. If the machine stays stable, then start adding/re-enabling the devices one by one. Keep in mind that modern motherboards share IRQ's across PCI slots, so try not to put a sound card and a modem right next to each other. They don't seem to think that's funny every once and a while. Anyway, do this one by one until you start crashing again. Whatever you put in last is the culprit.

Also, many newer motherboards' northbridges are actively cooled. Almost always by a bushing fan. Bushing fans tend to bind after a while. Since this chip controls the data stream between the RAM, video, and CPU, I'd say it's pretty important. If it's overheating bad things are bound to happen.

Sana nakatulong bro ! ;D

Ibilam_pogi

• Isang DEMONYO sa espiya ehe
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 02:30:36 am »
try to upgrade your mothrt board yung mataas ang fsb try mo rin 512mb sa ram

You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips.
And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips.
You're trying hard not to show it, (baby).
But baby, baby I know it...

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 05:44:50 am »

This error may also result because of a faulty (corrupt driver) for your keyboard, a usb device, a video card, a sound card or even updates from micro$oft. Tignan mo kung anong file <device>.sys ang kasunod nung message above and you will have a clue whats causing the memory dump. In other cases it can be caused by windows shutting down faster than it should. My guess is that when Windows is swapping from memory to the hard disk, something is where it is not supposed to be and so it stops. How does this happen? When XP first came out, it shut down so fast that the write procedure to the disk telling its index where it left off didn't complete itself.

If you can boot to safemode try to uninstall security patches or updates from micro$oft. Try to uninstall also the last program or software that you have installed. If the problem persist, your other option is to reformat your drive. If that doesnt work.... well...  ???

I think nga nagsimula sya sa isang security patch that is the GD detection tools...pero ok n sya im using now my PC smooth and more faster than before..restore ko lng sya in earlier time then uninstall all unnecessary programs...Ok na may mga unting pagbabago lng s settings nya ngaun but nyway ok n sya...we'll thnx po sa lhat ng nagreply..ty ty po saa inyo lahat..apply kn rin po ung mga sinabi nyo when nagloko nnamn Pc k ulit...more power guys... ;)