Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: What's the fastest speed done by an apprehended driver on SCTEX?  (Read 2957 times)

Rockford

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 232
  • WORK Hard,PARTY Harder!
What's the fastest speed done by an apprehended driver on SCTEX?
« on: November 01, 2013, 08:01:23 am »
What's the fastest speed done by an apprehended driver on SCTEX?

We spent some time with the patrol officers of the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway today, and it was inevitable that our conversation led to speed-limit violations.

According to the SCTEX patrol group, on the average, they would apprehend around 20 violators a day. On holidays, however, they could catch as much as 50 violators.

The recent holiday brought on by yesterday's barangay elections proved to be different, however. In a span of two hours on October 26--from 10am to 12 noon to be specific--they nabbed a total of 50 violators.

We also asked them what the fastest violator they had ever tagged with their speed gun, and it was a silver Nissan GT-R with a "Godzilla" vanity plate, clocked at 277kph on the northbound stretch headed toward Tarlac. (Of course, that's not saying no car has driven faster than that; it's simply the recorded speed committed by someone who was actually caught and given a ticket.)

If you're wondering how the GT-R was ensnared, one patrol officer told TopGear.com.ph that one of their vehicles caught up with the sports car since the GT-R was parked on the expressway shoulder. Apparently, its high-speed run caused its engine to blow up, forcing the driver to park it on the side of the highway.

So, if you plan on breaking the speed limit on the SCTEX this coming All Saints' Day weekend, we just have to warn you that the patrol group is expecting you to do just that. They'll be waiting.

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motoring-news/what-s-the-fastest-speed-done-by-an-apprehended-driver-on-sctex

Please delete / lock if posted

leightot

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • BEA SUZY! ftw
Re: What's the fastest speed done by an apprehended driver on SCTEX?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 08:20:55 am »
haha yan nga yung record. ako, 150kph on sctex goin subic di ko napansin tumalsik yung hubcap haha.. ive seen a montero super bilis talaga likely 170++ grabe lang.

_Wired_

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 9
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 09:44:02 am »
180 sa akin.. madali lang naman makalusot sa mga patrol dyan.. dapat nasa likod ka ng mabilis na kotse at alert ka sa mga naka park na sasakyan sa gilid.. kapag may nakita ka.. bawas ka agad ng speed.. hehehehe

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 01:27:24 pm »
180 sa akin.. madali lang naman makalusot sa mga patrol dyan.. dapat nasa likod ka ng mabilis na kotse at alert ka sa mga naka park na sasakyan sa gilid.. kapag may nakita ka.. bawas ka agad ng speed.. hehehehe

Or perhaps a better suggestion would be for one to simply obey the posted speed limit.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 03:06:21 pm »
130kph is enough for me :)
"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 07:25:32 pm »

160+ on a recent trip.  luckily ay walang ticket.  yung tropa ko on two-wheels, 220 more or less. 

Astig nung GT-R
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

leightot

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • BEA SUZY! ftw
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 10:35:16 pm »

130kph actually mabilis na to, but when you're alone in sctex with wide view of those mountains ripped apart in your frontview.....   ::)

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 05:23:05 pm »
or when you really need to be somewhere else ASAP hence the need to overspeed.  like im justifying breaking the law here.  i mean it is not really about being a pedal-freak but like we are in a bit of hurry then.  other times, 100 to 110 will be the norm, i think.
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

monk_spyke

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 7
  • Veni, Vedi, Vici..
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 05:31:43 pm »
I tried going up to 180 on SLEX on my 2011 montero sport noong bago palang siya.. pero when I went around 160++ ayoko na kasi medyo shaky na pero sa tingin ko ibibigay pa niya..

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 05:45:50 pm »
I tried going up to 180 on SLEX on my 2011 montero sport noong bago palang siya.. pero when I went around 160++ ayoko na kasi medyo shaky na pero sa tingin ko ibibigay pa niya..

judging from the POSTURE of the montero, id just stick to around 150 - 160 too.  medyo akward yung stance kasi niya in my opinion.

zensuke101

• The Laughing Man
  • Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 80
  • "The Catcher in the Rye"
    • Public Security Section 9
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 12:02:54 pm »
170- 180
parang feeling mo ang bagal pa rin
pero may establish na speed limit sa sctex
mahirap na mahuli

Type_One

• Power-UP!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 282
  • SPOON's Next Door Neighbor...DRIFT it FURTHER!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 05:32:31 am »
Well, i kinda memorized where most of the cameras in NLEX are located. Mostly where those blue electric/utility installations are...by the side of the road. Mostly along the Bulacan stretch...until maybe SanFernando. If you wanna speed up, make sure you're on the outer lanes when you see one of those in the horizon, coz the cameras are mostly pointed towards the inner lanes.
On SCTEX...just watch out for the patrol vehicles, they're mostly on or if not before any hilltops. It's hard to maintain speed on the ups and downs of the freeway coz a downward slope can propel you another 20kph faster without even moving your foot. I guess the best part to speed up right now is after the Tarlac tollgate...meaning youre already in the TPLEX. I was able to hit 165 there during the All Saints holidays driving an Innova. And knowing that my uncle is part of the patrol group, hehe.

FTT:
SCTEX: 180-ish @6000RPM - Hyundai Accent
TPLEX: 165kph - Innova
NLEX: 220kph @ 6500-7000RPM - EK4 Civic Si
StarToll: 140kph - Sentra Exalta
SLEX: NO PLANS...Drivers there are freakin crazy.
Be a Star but NEVER act friendly...
(Wipe Me Down)

jonson

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 03:17:18 am »
i went 180+ on a civic sa sctex.  kaya pa ng car, pero kakatakot lang kase.

chick_killah

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 12:01:19 pm »

SCTEX: 180 - Hyundai elantra kaya p pero nakaka takot n