Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: [Rumor] NextBox and PS4 will appear at E3 2012!  (Read 2436 times)

asaboinaman

• Console Gamers
  • Citizen
  • Karma 0
[Rumor] NextBox and PS4 will appear at E3 2012!
« on: January 06, 2012, 12:58:00 pm »
[Rumor] NextBox and PS4 will appear at E3 2012!

Just when Nintendo thought they had the upper hand, it looks like Sony will join Microsoft in ruining their big weekend. With the announcement of the Wii U last year, we learned very little about the console itself. This E3 was supposed to be the time when Nintendo would have the spotlight, showing off its new console with actual games, setting a launch schedule, and pricing out the console.

Now it appears the competition has no plans to let them get the jump on them. In a surprise move, Sony executives have hinted that they too will reveal a new console at E3. If the rumors are found to be true, then this could mark the first time ever an entire generation will be revealed in a single place, single time.  While we probably won't get a price for the NextBox or PS4, I look forward to the bloodshed if all three debut at the same time.

Source: http://www.screwattack.com/news/rumor-nextbox-and-ps4-will-appear-e3-2012

Hmm.. Something to look forward to in 2012.. If it would come true..

Nuff said..

icer

• Everyone worse than me is a noob, everyone better than me has no life.
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • Non nobis solum nati sumus
Re: [Rumor] NextBox and PS4 will appear at E3 2012!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 11:31:12 pm »
Hate to burst your bubble.

Analyst: 'Zero Chance' of PlayStation 4 at E3

It was just yesterday that we relayed the rumor that PlayStation 4 and the next Xbox console are E3-bound. But if famous Wedbush Morgan Securities industry analyst Michael Pachter is to be trusted, MCV's report is off the mark.

Financial magazine and website Forbes is reporting quotes from Pachter about MCV's rumor. "I think there's zero chance of a tease from Sony for PlayStation 4," Pachter told Forbes, continuing that a new Xbox at E3 is unlikely, too, placing the odds at "20 percent."

"Neither console is launching in 2013, so there's no reason to tease them in 2012," Pachter concluded.

This flies in the face of the original MCV report, the source of which was described by MCV editor Ben Parfitt on Twitter as "exemplary, 100% concrete, ultra high level."

Of course, such a claim doesn't necessarily pinpoint who could possibly know the rival companies well enough to be intimately familiar with both Sony's and Microsoft's E3 plans. But MCV's Editor-in-Chief Michael French did tell IGN that their report is "very credible."

With MCV's report and Michael Pachter's analysis contrasting with one another, it remains to be seen what Sony and Microsoft have planned in terms of their next consoles and when they might be revealed.

source
http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216053p1.html?RSSwhen2012-01-07_164400&RSSid=1216053
"Do, or do not... There is no try."