Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Wireless Network on XP says "AUTOMATIC"  (Read 847 times)

lee_jun_fan

Wireless Network on XP says "AUTOMATIC"
« on: July 19, 2009, 06:33:13 am »
mga ka espiya ask ko lang...?

what if an xp wireless computer is connecting wirelessly through a certain access point/router, is getting a message of automatic, and the access point/router is inaccesible to reconfigure...  what i mean is... ano ang pwedeng i-change sa setup ni xp wireless computer without changing any settings for the access point/router.

kc pag automatic ang message you cant connect wirelessly dba.

i try to remove the preferred wireless network to refresh the network list and try to reconnect once again pero automatic parin...

i also try to set a static ip, subnet mask and gateway... dead p din...

other xp wireless computer is connecting properly and has an valid ip from the router... but this xp laptop is not connecting... but when i try to connect the said xp computer to other and various accesspoint/router it works... and i even try to do this with same identical router...

is this a bug for xp or not...?

thanks in advance...

mr.techie

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
Re: Wireless Network on XP says "AUTOMATIC"
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 01:07:17 am »
my malapit k bang nkawireless dn sau? try to change channel of your wireless

lee_jun_fan

Re: Wireless Network on XP says "AUTOMATIC"
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 12:21:49 pm »
thanks for replying... ive already done changing the channel, disabling the firewall, and updating the firmware of the said router... i also try to set a reserve the MAC address of the PC to sets a reserved ip from the router to the said computer and DIMILITIRIZE its IP... and dead pa din...

added to this i try to play around with some ports numbers maybe it would work... dead parin...