Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: (NBA) Detroit - Boston possible trade  (Read 1541 times)

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
(NBA) Detroit - Boston possible trade
« on: June 24, 2009, 07:00:18 am »
Rondo, Allen for Hamilton, Prince and Stuckey? Payag?
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

-=Kurabo=-

• Patience is a Virtue but Time is Gold
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 48
  • Kurabo
Re: (NBA) Detroit - Boston possible trade
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 07:12:59 am »
hindi na tuloy.. umayaw si Dumars

it ain't over. . .till its over

Blaupunkt

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 07:15:33 am »
Rondo, Allen for Hamilton, Prince and Stuckey? Payag?

no way!

Hayblad

• Endangered Species
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 26
  • If you have nothing good to say..SHUT THE F*CK UP!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 07:32:33 am »
eh yun bagong nasagap ko, rondo and brian scalabrine for rudy gay and mike conley? ehehe! basta ako ayaw ko mawala sa boston si rondo  ;D

cerbeRu

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • I don't bark..i just bite!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 07:34:44 am »
maka boston ako pero sapalagay ko e lugi ang detroit dun..

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 08:09:14 am »
well, as Danny Ainge said on the article referring about Rondo and the core players, and I quote NBA.com:

"That talk is so false," Ainge said. "We love the kid and we think he's got a very bright future. I don't anticipate any trades happening this offseason regarding any of our core players. ... We're certainly not doing anything this year to get a draft pick that's a developmental project, that's going to make it harder to win a championship this year."

But let's just play around with it and speculate...I think it will be a bad move for Boston to take in Rip, Prince, and Stuckey for Rondo and Allen. Why? They will lose two quality scorers in Allen and Rondo. They will lose what shaped up to be a valuable point guard in Rondo. And they will lose the purest shooter and one of the deadliest in the clutch in Allen.

Now, Detroit fans may argue that Boston is going to get three quality players as well; making Boston the winner of the hypothetical trade....But I would beg to differ....Stucky in my opinion, right now, is overrated in all levels...please don't get me wrong, he is a good basketball player. But not as good as how Detroit packages him to be, especially Coach Michael Curry. Rip can definitely stroke a shot anywhere, anytime...but definitely not as deadly as Ray Allen. And if there is one "plus" that Boston will have is getting Prince's defensive ability and athleticism.

Now, the trade will even out as Boston is losing two and getting two in return (1- Prince +1/2 Rip + 1/2 Stuckey)...however, in essence they are losing one as you cannot play all three guys at the same time with Perkins, Garnett, and Pierce.... toast::
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 08:59:46 am by Kal-El »
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

seishiro

• Rockheads
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • ...awhile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 08:30:00 am »
for me it's a NO...

why??

what would BOSTON lose in this trade..

First..they'll lose a PG(RONDO) that has proven himself under pressure..(remember GAME 6 in Lakers-Celtics FINALS?)

Second.. They'll Also Lose The One Of THe DEADLIEST SHOOTERS in The League who has proven himself all the TIME.. (ALLEN)

What Will BOSTON GAIN in this TRADE..

They'll have a More Scoring BALANCE in the Presence of RIP.. + additional LONGER REACH DEFENSE in the name of PRINCE.. But Nothing's in STORE for them in PG SLOT.. which STUCKEY will fill UP (IF HE CAN for all i know STUCKEY is still a PROJECT..)

so FOR ME.. It's a NO.. 

am not a CELTIC FAN.. but an AI FAN..  smoking:: smoking:: smoking::
"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity." SEISHIRO

jflash23

• hindi dahil matagal kana sa espiya tama ka na..
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • iba ang pisikal sa marumi..ROW 4
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 08:44:56 am »
i don't inderstand why danny ainge doing this..

he said he want to trade ray allen to clear cap space

he want to trade rondo because he is unprofessional

i saw i video in youtube that rondo is late in a picture taking by the whole cletics team

2 Witness 3

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
    • [URL="http://www.creepygif.com/image.php?i=919"][IMG]http://www.creepygif.com/images/thumb/919.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 09:39:49 am »
maybe for cap flexibility and rondo has atitude

dirklhems

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • magHirap mag isip,mas mahiRAp isipin ang d maisip
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 10:20:21 am »
Allen/Rondo to Hamilton?

kay Rondo p nga lang LUGE n ang Boston

"i have Broken Heart Syndrome"

voyeurman

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 10:59:02 am »
In my opinion, Detroit got more to lose. Its like totally revamping the Pistons with not much to gain. Allen is not the future since he is considered old already and I dont think you should build a team around Rondo. On the other hand, Boston could win a championship with Garnet, Pierce, Prince and Hamilton as its main core.

simpleng_espiya

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 11:29:36 am »
buti na lang di natuloy...

this is bad for both teams...

celtics:
they'll lose a good point guard..while he may have some attitude, he does play well with boston and would further develop his skills under the guidance of vets such as pierce and garnett..
ray allen is a damn fine shooter..i don't think he deserves to be traded as he is one of the cornerstone of the celtics team today..

detroit:
i'm a detroit fan and i must say that we have got more to lose on this trade..

first off is the age factor, ray allen is aging, he may have good 2 seasons left, but that's it..he's done..
rip on the other hand is a steady shooter and has 3-4 seasons left on his tank..

stuckey would not be traded by joe d..or else piston fans would crucify him by doing the billups trade and stating that stuckey is ready to be the future of the pistons..

prince is a good bargaining chip..i think he would be traded this summer but not in exchange for rondo or allen..

i just hope that joe d spends the huge salary cap wisely..and that the trade for billups would eventually pay off..

deeettttroooiiiitttt basssketttballl!!!! toast::

Packen

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 08:33:41 am »
no way?!!! why would destroy the core of a championship team?!!! ??? RAY ALLEN is still good for two solid years, RONDO prove himself last playoof run against chicago...bring back james posey or a ron artest type of player instead!!! And banner 18 will surely be raised at TD BANKNORTH ARENA  toast::