Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: need help po about 3 pc's network to 1 printer  (Read 1045 times)

ike101

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
  • LOCKED, LOADED AND READY TO ROCK N' ROLL
need help po about 3 pc's network to 1 printer
« on: March 19, 2009, 02:33:36 am »
guys ano po, ba ang dapat kung gawin, i have 3 computers and printer i want to network it, i have a linksys router, then, na connect ko na lahat, bakit limited connection ang naka lagay,...pls help po..
hindi ko nilagyan ng ip address ang bawat computer..., paano po ba e calculate if maglagay ako ng ip address?

salamat in advance......

® A*S*E*R*O ™

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • LIGHTS... CAMERA... SHOW TIME...
Re: need help po about 3 pc's network to 1 printer
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 03:39:18 am »
Users who have multiple computers in their home or work environment may wish to share a printer with the other computers to help save on cost and for convenience. Below are some of the ways you can share a printer on a network for different types of setups.

Before setting up the printer to be shared on a network, you must decide what type of setup you plan on doing. Below are the different types of setups and their advantages and disadvantages.

Printer connected to computer / server
Connecting a printer to a computer and sharing the printer from that computer is the most common solution for sharing a printer because of the ease and price. The primary disadvantage of this is that the computer must always be on in order for the printer to work. Although this solution may not be the best solution for everyone it is usually the easiest and cheapest solution for sharing your printer between all the computers on your network.

Below are steps for sharing your printer with each of the major Microsoft Windows operating systems. For these steps to work you must already have a network setup at your home. Additional information about setting up a network can be found on document CH000469.   

Setting up the printer to be shared on the network

Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP

1. Open the Windows Control Panel
   2. Double-click the "Printers" or "Printers and Faxes" icon.
   3. If you currently have a printer already installed on the computer right-click the printer icon and click Properties. In the Properties window click the sharing tab and make sure the printer is shared. If you need additional assistance installing a printer see document CH000441 for additional information.
   4. Once setup see document CH000904 for the steps required to connect to that printer from other Windows computers on the network.

Microsoft Windows 95 / 98

1. Open the Windows Control Panel
   2. Double-click Network
   3. In the Network window under the Configuration tab click the File and Print Sharing  button.
   4. In the File and Print Sharing Window check the "I want to be able to allow others to print to my printer(s)" option. Note: If the computer asks to restart the computer after selecting this option make sure to restart.
   5. Click Ok and then Ok again to close out of the Network Window.
   6. Once back in the Control Panel double-click printers
   7. If you currently have a printer already installed on the computer right-click the printer icon and click Properties. In the Properties window click the sharing tab and make sure the printer is shared. If you need additional assistance installing a printer see document CH000441 for additional information.
   8. Once setup see document CH000904 for the steps required to connect to that printer from other Windows computers on the network.

Dedicated print server

If the above option does not work for you and/or you do not wish to have a computer always turned on and maintained you may want to get a hardware print server. A print server enables you to connect a small network appliance to your network and connect each your printers to it.

Click here to search for available dedicated print servers

Network printer

Some printers, often high-end printers have the capability to connect directly to a network or have hardware installed into them that enables the printer to be connected to the Network. If your printer supports this option and has the necessary hardware you should be able to connect the printer directly to the Network and have it detected by the computers.

When these types of printers are connected to a network you'll often be required to enter the network information such as the networks gateway, printer IP, etc.

or visit this site http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000710.htm
                      http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-11189-0.html?forumID=3&threadID=193727

or search mo sa google... How can I share a printer between multiple computers?

ike101

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
  • LOCKED, LOADED AND READY TO ROCK N' ROLL
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 07:30:23 pm »
maraming salamat po,,,,,bossing    finger4u

® A*S*E*R*O ™

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • LIGHTS... CAMERA... SHOW TIME...
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:46:37 pm »
maraming salamat po,,,,,bossing    finger4u

you're welcome po... sa uulitin... ok na ba... update me....