Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: CPP-NPA terror tag stays – EU  (Read 1728 times)

Rockford

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 232
  • WORK Hard,PARTY Harder!
CPP-NPA terror tag stays – EU
By Pia Lee-Brago
Friday, August 3, 2007

The European Union (EU) rejected yesterday the demand of the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army (CPP-NPA) to be delisted from its roster of foreign terrorist groups before the rebels resume peace talks with the Philippine government.

The EU was firm in its stand that the terrorist tag on the CPP-NPA will be removed only if the communists “change” the nature of their organization.

EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana told The STAR in an interview that the terrorist tag on the CPP-NPA and self-exiled communist leader Jose Maria Sison, who is still in the EU roster of terrorists, will not change unless the rebels show proof that the CPP and NPA can no longer be considered terrorist groups.

Solana said the EU cannot take any action to remove the CPP-NPA from the list of terrorist organizations even though it has become a thorny issue that has repeatedly led to the scuttling of peace negotiations between the government and the National Democratic Front (NDF) since 2002.

The delisting of the CPP-NPA and Sison from the EU roster of terrorists is one of the demands of the NDF.

http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Headlines&p=49&type=2&sec=24&aid=20070802168

**Do you think the "terror tag" by European Union (EU) on CPP-NPA should stay or not?

-my opinion, it should definitely stay because specially now NPA is resorting to banditry & terrorism. Now they collect revolutionary taxes to every Juan Dela Cruz including our poor farmers & fishermen in the provinces, they bomb cellsites & torch buses (specially sa Quezon province) whenever a company refuses to pay revolutionary taxes. Communication & transportation is very vital in our country.

To Joma Sison, Bayan Muna, Akbayan, Gabriella, KMU & the likes, try proving that these things are not terrorism at all !

Share ko lang, I had a classmate in college, taga Quezon province siya, paluwas na siya ng Manila nang harangin ang bus nila ng mga humigit kumulang na 15 na NPA. Pinababa lahat ng mga pasahero, driver & kunduktor pero pinaiwan ang mga gamit nila sa loob. Sinunog yung bus na sinakyan nila kasi hindi daw nakapagbayad ng Revolutionary Tax yung bus company. Poor classmate of mine, naabo lahat ng mga gamit niya including papers & diskettes that contain the draft for his thesis & he was traumatized on what happened, kala niya ililigpit na rin silang mga pasahero ng NPA. Buti our professor was very kind, he exetended the deadline for 2 weeks ng pasahan ng thesis para sa barkada ko.
  My classmate was convinced that it was NPA since all their cellphones, wallet & money were not taken. The group just wanted to make a point by burning the bus.
  Dahil sa pangyayaring yun, namuo yung sobrang pagkagalit ng barkada ko sa mga NPA. Gusto pa nga sumali ng loko sa CAFGU, kasi yun daw ang pinakamabilis magkabaril kesa magpulis or military ka pa !!!! Buti nahikayat ng tropa na 'wag na......sa awa ng Diyos naka-graduate kaming lahat magbabarkada & now isa na siyang OFW, good for him.

-palitan lang po tayo ng kuro kuro o opinion, wala sanang murahan o personalan.......mainit na nga ang panahon, wag na po nating dagdagan !!!

Peace !!!  toast::
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 02:44:26 am by Rockford »

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
There's no way they're fighting for anyone or some "idea" or belief. The ground men are just there for money. How can you put your life on the line for an idea if your SELF/VOLUNTARY exiled leader partying with paid celebrities.

About exterminating the bugs, I don't think it's that easy because the people and their families are protecting them. They are the only source of income. Arresting them won't do it because the evidence will not be solid. No one will point a finger. I mean.. its so obvious if one family is supported by a man with no job. Maybe NPA's payroll is as complex as Jueteng's.

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

ServantGeneral (SG)

• GoldMember - GS1
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 53
  • Don't stop till you succeed!
  • Special Skills: testskills
As long as the NPA and NDF adheres to armed struggle, it will remain on the terrorist groups list.

Will they lay down their arms just to get off the list? I don't think so. The NPA/NDF's armed struggle is part of their Peoples Protracted War, which they have been waging for decades with no victory in sight.

I love Espiya.net. My grandma loves it too!

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
REBELLION -  in the most general sense, a refusal to accept authority. It may therefore be seen as encompassing a range of behaviours from civil disobedience to a violent organized attempt to destroy established authority. It is often used in reference to armed resistance against an established government, but can also refer to mass nonviolent resistance movements.

TERRORISM -  a term used to describe unlawful violence or other unlawful harmful acts committed (or threatened) against civilians by groups or persons for political or other ideological goals

sounds pretty much the same to me..

Popoyyy

• Inappropriate for Children
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • Shadow owes its birth to light.
Mahirap tong gusto nilang mahgyari at ma "De-List" sa terror Group list ng EU.

Marami namang paraan at hakbangin na maaari nating gawin upang maipahayag at maipakita ang pagtutol natin sa ibang ginagawa ng mga nasa gobyerno. may mga batas tayo na nagbibigay ng tamang proseso at paraan para dito. Kung hindi naman ito mag tatagumpay, at sobrang lantaran na ang mga ginagawa ng nasa poder. maaari naman tayo mag sagawa ng pagtitipon ng hindi na kinakailangan pang gumamit ng dahas.

at gaya ng sinabi ni SD. ung hindi nila ititigil ang pakikibaglaban ng may gamit na armas, hindi dapat sila tanggalin sa  listahan ng mga terorista.