Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: The oldest profession: Should Prostitution Legalized Or Not?  (Read 3375 times)

anne&jo

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 92
this is with regards to the Philippines only.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 02:02:13 pm by anne&jo »

"When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her."

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
Re: The oldest profession: Should Prostitution Legalized Or Not?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 05:51:10 pm »
legalized or not, a lot of women (and girls) are going to be abused (except for those who chose this willingly ofcourse). plus, what's the use of legalizing it when the people behind prostitution and the abuse are from the government themselves? toast::
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

krista_cuevas

• SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • pinoy spy will surely rock your world!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 09:10:25 pm »
ma legalized man yan o hindi na rin siguro mapipigilan yan,nakakabit na sa sistema natin yan...

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 10:27:14 am »
ma legalized man yan o hindi na rin siguro mapipigilan yan,nakakabit na sa sistema natin yan...

ms. krista, i think that is the point of legalizing prostitution. since we can't get rid of it, might as well make something out of it... toast::

bobotnaman

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 20
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 08:55:01 am »

ms. krista, i think that is the point of legalizing prostitution. since we can't get rid of it, might as well make something out of it... toast::
isama mo na pati jueteng.

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 03:29:07 pm »

isama mo na pati jueteng.

amen tol, amen!  laffman::

hippo

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 09:15:34 pm »
Although prostitution is already a known, existing fact in the Philippines, IT CAN NEVER BE LEGALIZED. This is primarily because it is against public morals and public policy. No matter how hard the Legislature tries to legalize prostitution, or even if the Legislature successfully passes a law legalizing prostitution, the Supreme Court will just declare the said law unconstitutional and then *poof* the law is dissolved.

Rockford

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 232
  • WORK Hard,PARTY Harder!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 02:02:56 am »
i believe that if prostitution is legalized, it is then that the government is saying that it is all right to be a prostitute. prostitution is wrong because it is plain slavery

legalizing prostitution is like recognizing it as a real profession. I don't mean to disrespect prostitutes because most of them don't really choose to do this, but it's still not a real job, it's dangerous and totally degrading.

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 02:21:26 am »
I won't argue on moral grounds because it is really not quite there but if there's one reason why it shouldn't be legal it's going to be on disease-AIDS grounds. Always base arguments on human race survival.

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

hush24

• hush baby hush!!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 11
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 11:56:17 am »
i believe that if prostitution is legalized, it is then that the government is saying that it is all right to be a prostitute. prostitution is wrong because it is plain slavery

legalizing prostitution is like recognizing it as a real profession. I don't mean to disrespect prostitutes because most of them don't really choose to do this, but it's still not a real job, it's dangerous and totally degrading.

agree, and most of them are minors, mga walang alam, gustong mgkapera sa maling paraan, and naabuse sila and aminin naman naten minors ang in demand sa prostitution, like 8 of 10 prostitutes are below 18 yrs old, its sad to say pero malega;ized man o hinde eh 2loy ang kalakalan ng bawal na kasiyahan.,

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 02:55:34 pm »
Yes, I agree also but can you tell or teach morals to a hungry a person? Remember that government and religion were made for human to survive. And that's all prostitutes are doing, survive.

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

SoundChecK

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -5
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 01:23:33 am »
prostitution should be legalized everybody loves sex.. I dont see anything wrong with prostitution the only problem is the aids virus why not make a law about using condoms. If someone caught having sex without condom he/she should be sent to prison.

jebb

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 03:33:35 am »
 rating8:: ::)Prostitution ::) We must legalize it, why? So that the government would have some revenue out of it and so that the state could properly regulate prostitution and by doing so the people and the government will benefit from it.  We must admit it that most of the guys would be at some point in their live engage this line of business. laffman::

Legalize it!!   
?122381?

onin

• onin ang itawag mo sa akin
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 17
  • matalino man daw ang matsing;matsing pa rin!
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 03:42:52 am »
one good thing pag na legalize ang prostitution eh pwede na clang mag advertise ng mga "talents" nila at madali ka ng makakahanap ng magagandang chicks at pwede ka pa magreklamo kung hindi maganda ang service  laffman::  ang downpoint nman ay tataas ang bayad sa kanila dahil nga mapipilitan clang magbayad ng tax laffman::

juicyjewel

• Certified SpyGirl
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 56
  • A Certified SpyGirl
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 04:36:15 am »
The Philippines is too damn Catholic to legalize anything.

Not that I'm saying that there's something wrong about being religious and what not.  It's just that EVERY SINGLE DECISION this country has made always has a MORAL undertone.  This should be like this for the good of the many and the Church must be okay with it -- even with the separation of Church and State in the Constitution.

Hell, there's a place in Las Vegas where sex for money is legal.
Y!M = joosy_joowel
send me your XPEEPS.

hippo

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 08:48:57 am »
The Philippines is too damn Catholic to legalize anything.

Not that I'm saying that there's something wrong about being religious and what not.  It's just that EVERY SINGLE DECISION this country has made always has a MORAL undertone.  This should be like this for the good of the many and the Church must be okay with it -- even with the separation of Church and State in the Constitution.

Hell, there's a place in Las Vegas where sex for money is legal.

Not really. It's just that our Civil Code provides that if a law is deemed against public morals and/or public policy, then it is dissolved. Since prostitution is against public morals and public policy, then it's improbable that it will become a law.

Bloody Red

• BLASTPOKE!
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 13
  • I am t3h sex
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 10:27:44 am »
Para sakin hindi. Kung legalized eh di magiging regulated yun diba? Kung regulated tiyak mas mamahal yun... gusto mo bang magin mahal yung mga GRO?

joshuu

• Citizen
  • Karma 0
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 05:01:00 pm »
In other countries such as Thailand and the Netherlands, prostitution is a legalized profession.  Why not do it here in the Philippines?

I say a resounding "NO" for several reasons.  First, it will fully liberalize the already liberal view of Filipinos about sex.  It will create more problems than solutions, e.g. rampant infidelity, unwanted pregnancies, broken marriages, AIDS, illegitmates, etc.  They say, the end does not justify the means.  Second, we should dwell on the reasons why a person engage in prostitution?A deeper analysis will reveal that prostitution itself is not the problem but some other social problems such as extreme poverty and drug addiction.It is only resorted to as a means of survival.  In Filipino adage, ika nga "kapit sa patalim".Authorities should pin down the real problem and formulate long term solutions.Third, legally speaking, legalizing prostitution is contrary to public morals.  Thus, even if enacted into law it can be declared null and void.  Lastly,  look at yourself in the mirror and place your self in the shoes of those people selling flesh to earn a living.Is this really their free will to do such things?Or they are only compelled to sell their souls just to survive?Maybe, NOT.Reflect and you be the judge.