Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: iPhone INITIALY PRE-RELEASE REVIEW... get ready to be blown away!!!  (Read 2199 times)

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...

*  The mobile version of OS X or whatever it is the iPhone runs takes up 700MB of the device's capacity. Damn son!
    * There's no way to cut, copy, or paste text! WHOA! Big, big mistake.
    * No A2DP support. That, friends, is such a huge bummer right there.
    * Sorry, music can't be used as a ringtone -- even if it's just a raw MP3. No additional ringtones will be sold at launch.
    * On a PC the iPhone syncs with Outlook for calendars AND addresses! Noice.
    * It supports Exchange in some capacity, according to Walt, but he doesn't exactly say how.
    * Pogue again confirms document file reading -- but not editing -- for PDF, Word, and Excel (only).
    * Adobe Flash support is officially out. It's just not in the browser. Neither is there any other kind of embedded video support. Sorry everybody, that's that.
    * It will take snaps, but won't record video. How can Apple love YouTube as much as it does and not realize cellphone-shot movies make up a sizeable chunk of the crazy crap you find on there?

More after the break!

* Oh, and no MMS. And sorry, no voice dialing, either.
    * Contact groups can't be emailed as contact lists.
    * Apple sez between 300-400 charges the iPhone will lose battery capacity -- you'll send it in and get the cell replaced for a fee. Meh. We knew this would be the case, but still, meh.
    * Apple can (and supposedly will) be rolling out periodic updates -- no surprise there.
    * Battery life is, somehow, almost as mind-blowingly good as Apple claims for calls, music, and movies.
    * As we suspected, users are prompted with lists of WiFi networks if you're not nearby a trusted hotspot. We've seen this on other phones, and we're afraid this would get friggin annoying.
    * It's said to be very scratch resistant. The facade both front and rear apparently just doesn't pick up marring like regular iPods do.
    * Voice quality is said to be good -- not great.

some more facts about the iPhone: http://espiya.net/forum/index.php?topic=59852.0

manoyihay

• tissue please!
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 42
  • With a shirt like this, who needs pants?
Re: iPhone INITIALY PRE-RELEASE REVIEW... get ready to be blown away!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 09:11:13 pm »
ano b yan... ang pangit ng laman....

corrupted_one

• Your Spy in the Hospital
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
  • Tender Loving Care
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 09:26:54 pm »
Maganda lang pala ang itsura.

I'm blown away talaga of not buying it.

manoyihay

• tissue please!
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 42
  • With a shirt like this, who needs pants?
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 09:40:02 pm »
cguro sa fake na iPhone andun lahat ung mga kulang sa orig..  ;D

uzamaki4000

• Ka-Tisyu ng Mundo
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 09:50:09 pm »
much anticipated (daw)!... hehehe grabe talaga. nasobrahan naman ng mga critics. eh ganun naman pala ka palpak ng features yung iphone.
SEEK AND DESTROY - TISSUE STYLE

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 10:04:21 pm »
You're missing the most important point of iPhone. iPhone is a computer that has phone functions. It has an operating system, the same OS used in Macs. Get the idea? well you won't get all of it since its, if you may, infinite.

For the past years, phone manufacturers have been putting all these PC capabilities in the phone. Music players, camera, internet access, email, browsing etc. Now they put a phone in a Computer.

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 10:40:11 pm »
You're missing the most important point of iPhone. iPhone is a computer that has phone functions. It has an operating system, the same OS used in Macs. Get the idea? well you won't get all of it since its, if you may, infinite.

For the past years, phone manufacturers have been putting all these PC capabilities in the phone. Music players, camera, internet access, email, browsing etc. Now they put a phone in a Computer.

whaaaaa?!?!? apple is trying to do what windows and HTC(and other windows mobile devices) have done since 2002 when the Smart Amazing Phone(HTC Tanager) was born  laffman::

for all the resources they have apple sure did a SHITY JOB making the iPhone... PC into a celfone?

comically enough HTC made a phone in direct level of what the iPhone hardware specs boast and the HTC Touch can do everything the iPhone can't and the specs of the touch are that if a low level Windows mobile device... in other words the iPhone is comparable to a low levell windows device... AND THE HTC TOUCH IS WAY BETTER considering they matched the specs of the iphone

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 01:18:50 pm »
The only things that matter are the ones thats hitting the surface. Have you ever held an iPhone in your hands? And if you did, have you ever tried 3rd party softwares? And Hardware connectivity? And the Internet Connection which is not really directly relevant to the Phone.

What's hitting the surface man. Surface. Not your basement. The Surface.

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

xj2

• Ang Gwapo ko Talaga! Nyeee!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 13
  • My Gosh!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 02:50:47 am »
wow! parang pc ah! ganda! katulad din ng mga cp dito affordable family cellular phone plans.

ssbongbong

• walang palalampasin lahat tutumbukin!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 9
  • derechupa ang aksyon!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 04:12:32 am »
wag na lang ayoko na pala nyan..hahaha

olats

• Optimus Prime
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 2
  • "Freedom is the Right of all Sentient Beings."
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 04:41:49 am »
I think I'll pass muna.
Like the iPod, let's wait for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen of the iPhone.

Light our darkest hour

albback4u

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 06:25:04 am »
I think I'll pass muna.

Agree ako diyan...wait for the 2nd generation.  like anything else always get the next generations coz yung mga kinks niya are hopefully worked out.

anyway, i went and watch their demo at apple.com.
-impressed ako kung how user friendly and logical ang navigation niya
-and the touch screen is revolutionary...pero it's still left to be seen if it's that responsive as they showed in the video
-the phone feature ang galing din specially if you are into conference calling
-internet feature is great too....real internet not the mobile version
-the headphone is like a regular ipod headphone but with a mic and it's so slick in design that you won't even notice were the mic is at connected.

what i don't like
-dapat linagyan nila ng GPS device
-it's running on EDGE network which is slower than 3G...bagal ng video streaming noon
-only a 2mp camera and no flash and no video din
-can't replace the battery kasi nga parang ipod..unless your like McGyver
-and yung capacity is a killer...only 4GB and 8GB....hindi magkasya yung Star Wars series diyan
-no bluetooth yet

other thought
-it will only be sold thru att here in the US...and they have exclusive rights to it for the next 2 years.
-the phone contract is a minimum of two years...and the lowest price is $59 a month.
-for the iphone minimum plan; it's 350 min / 5000 min for nights & weekend / 200 text messages / unlimited internet access  it's pricey but if you are going to use lots of internet and data time then it's a bargain.

so i will just wait for the next generation...sana may gps, flash, video, 3G na, and baka bumaba pa ang presyo, lagyan na rin nila ng scanner...LOL
but i'll still go to the store and check it out.

dirty sanchez

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 8
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 07:12:32 am »
overrated. gun::

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 10:59:26 am »
I think I'll pass muna.

Agree ako diyan...wait for the 2nd generation.  like anything else always get the next generations coz yung mga kinks niya are hopefully worked out.

anyway, i went and watch their demo at apple.com.
-impressed ako kung how user friendly and logical ang navigation niya
-and the touch screen is revolutionary...pero it's still left to be seen if it's that responsive as they showed in the video
-the phone feature ang galing din specially if you are into conference calling
-internet feature is great too....real internet not the mobile version
-the headphone is like a regular ipod headphone but with a mic and it's so slick in design that you won't even notice were the mic is at connected.

what i don't like
-dapat linagyan nila ng GPS device
-it's running on EDGE network which is slower than 3G...bagal ng video streaming noon
-only a 2mp camera and no flash and no video din
-can't replace the battery kasi nga parang ipod..unless your like McGyver
-and yung capacity is a killer...only 4GB and 8GB....hindi magkasya yung Star Wars series diyan
-no bluetooth yet

other thought
-it will only be sold thru att here in the US...and they have exclusive rights to it for the next 2 years.
-the phone contract is a minimum of two years...and the lowest price is $59 a month.
-for the iphone minimum plan; it's 350 min / 5000 min for nights & weekend / 200 text messages / unlimited internet access  it's pricey but if you are going to use lots of internet and data time then it's a bargain.

so i will just wait for the next generation...sana may gps, flash, video, 3G na, and baka bumaba pa ang presyo, lagyan na rin nila ng scanner...LOL
but i'll still go to the store and check it out.

now that I have the iPhone in my hands, I think I can give my thoughts about it. Though I too believe that waiting for the next gen iPhones is a good move, this doesn't mean that the price will ever go down the way people would like it to be. It may go down a maybe by $100 but not more. Remember, Apple is trying to take a part of the market share of business people of at least @ 1 percent. Keeping that high price instills a high profile status on the phone.

Now, as mentioned, there are few applications/features that are missing. The bluetooth (YES there is bluetooth), though 2.0, is not abled for file sharing (this is expected since Apple is trying so hard to protect their iTunes from being distributed freely...but they should seriously wake up about this). It is just for wireless headset connections. MP3s/iTunes cannot be used as a ringtone. It doesn't run on 3G. I admit EDGE is a bit slower than 3G. BUT its not like the difference between a dial-up and a broadband connection. It is more like a dsl and cable broadband comaprison. I tried the YouTube streaming on the phone using the EDGE, and it is really impressive. Though not as fast with a WiFi connection, but you will not get bored waiting for the clip to load. Same goes with web surfing. It doesn't take long at all to view the pages on Safari. Yes, the phone not having Flash capabilities is quite disappointing, but that's between Apple and Adobe. It's just a small problem that a little firm update can fix. No video, yeah, a bit of a bummer. But taking videos is relative to the owner. Honestly, how often does an average person use his/her video a day (ok, spies, I said AVERAGE PERSON OK? hehe). 2.0MP cam, i don't think this is a disadvantage, a lot of phones are still in the 2MP area. C'mon people, on a regular 4"x6" print the difference between a 2, a 3.2, and a 4 is negligible. It will only matter if you blow-up the picture beyond 4"x6". However, I have to admit that I am not impressed with its camera. It's light absorption is subpar compared to my SEK750i; even to my dad's Samsung Sync. And GPS? With google maps, one should be set. I mean, it wasn't long ago that GPS came out and we all survived driving before that. Plus if they add GPS unto it with a TomTom or Magellan software, can you imagine how much MORE people have to pay?

About the battery. This is also one of my concerns along with its durability. Though Apple promised a better and longer lasting battery, changing the battery is a pain in the ass after a few hundred (hopefully) cycles. Durability, this phone is so sleek that it will slip through your hands  if you are not careful. Not to mention, extended warranties are currently not being offered, at least by At&t. I still have to check about AppleCare.

About the phone plans, true, that it is a hefty price to pay. But considering, regardless of any phone that you will use if you will want to use the EDGE or 3G on your phone, you will want to add at least $20 on your plan for unlimited data use. It is very unwise to go pay-per-use on data. What's my point? Point is. If you will look at the existing REGULAR plans with At&t, the iPhone only asks of you to add $20 more a month; which I say, most would do anyway with any other phone if you will use any phone to surf the web and what not.

Overall, the iPhone delievered to my expectations. No false advertising on Apple's part. Truly a remarkable device. YES, the screen is very responsive. Even more responsive than a pocketPC, if I may say. I had my doubts of its responsiveness especially with the QWERTY, but I'm proven wrong. Although this technology has been around in other mobiles using Windows platform, I must say that this is more fluid than most, if not all, these mobiles. True that it lacks some of the capabilities that a lot of cellphones already have. But let's stepback and look at the bigger picture. You are not really losing anything. All these are minor misses. Now, is it priced right? I think so. For what it does the price is worth it. Remember, this phone is not meant for the common public, like us. This is meant more for the business people. About the capacity of 4/8GB. What more can you ask for? True that it is limited to these two sizes and cannot be expanded further, but can you honestly name a phone that can expand up to more than 8GB? I haven't truly done my research on this, there could be some phones already capable. But until this is already a common feature, we should not even complain about it. Remember Apple is simply having it's feet wet with the intorduction of the iPhone. A few misses here and there should be expected. Giving it a break and more appreciation wouldn't hurt, would it? So far I am liking the phone. However, I am still on the testing period. Anything fails within the 14-day allowance to return the phone, this phone is going back to At&t.  toast::
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 10:17:53 am by Kal-El »
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

local5

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 01:50:58 am »
very well said pareng Kal-el!  toast:: and i agree...$600 is not bad for this kind of phone plus the $20/mo unlimited usage of internet, once again tama ka ulit dahil mas napapamahal pa nga bayad ko sa cingular dati dahil sa lintek na "pay per connect" na yan!  iphone is not really that impressive to others...who cares?  honestly, d rin ako fully impressed but this phone is good enough for me to keep!
for the latest review...check this http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/review_iphone/
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 02:05:11 am by panda »

daimon123

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
  • Action BURUBURU!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 09:26:05 pm »
Grabe yung Iphone....Sayang...OK na sana sya pero AT&T lang ang pede mag provide ng service...bibili sana mom ko eh... laffman::  gun::