Espiya Technology Boards > Computer Help

I am still waiting for the strawberry coming from my Baguio! Pls... Help(virus?)

(1/5) > >>

MasterChief63:
my friend asked if i could fix his laptop, this message pops up when booting up windows xp, prior to entry of Username and Password for Admin/User/Guest accounts and after pressing ok it goes through to windows, i tried antivirus and antispyware, but to no avail, tried repairing windows but ddnt work, finally we reinstalled a fresh Windows copy on drive C:\ overwriting everything on C:\WINDOWS and after that the message was gone

follow up question, on installing Windows XP Media Center Ed, why does formating destination drive of NEW WINDOWS installation only erase/overwrite C:\Windows but retains the contents of the drive, anyone who has experienced win xp media ed installation pls answer if u know  laffman::

vrian:
dude try fresh install, not reinstall..

hominidko:
reformat mo nlng lahat ng hardisk mo tol.....

MasterChief63:
ive already fixed it without the need for a full format, i just wanted to ask if anyone knows kung ano un, virus, spyware or just registry modification

Telesforo:

--- Quote from: xtian63 on June 02, 2007, 04:25:01 am ---ive already fixed it without the need for a full format, i just wanted to ask if anyone knows kung ano un, virus, spyware or just registry modification

--- End quote ---

It's only you who knows the real score, you didn't specify the exact pop-up message or even posted a log or something that we can use to analyze your problem.

I suggest giving us a bit of information that leads to the exact situation happened to your friend's laptop would be a great help.

Guessing is not the application in solving technical issues.

Note: Fresh installation means, it does include formating the hard drive. Overwriting Installation, you are only creating a New Copy of windows (with an option to over-write the original system location, C:\Windows by default)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version