Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: "Blaze of Glory"  (Read 4751 times)

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
Re: "Blaze of Glory"
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 04:23:41 pm »
ngayong tapos na yung laban ni pacman at panalo na sya.. hero's welcome na naman pagbalik nya dito sa pinas pero impressive ba yung laban nya? para sa akin, yung mga naunang rounds, wala sya sa sarili nyang pag-iisip, parang malamya sya.. parang "pulitika" ang nasa isip nya pero nung nauntog sya kay solis at dinugo ung mata nya.. biglang nabuhayan.. ang totoo hindi ako masyadong na-excite sa mga suntok nya.. nung natumba nga si solis tas ni-replay, parang wala namang solid na tumama e! mahina lang talaga yung kalaban ni pacman unlike nung laban nya kina morales at barrera.

sa pulitika naman, alam naman nating lahat na me magagawa si pacman kung mga projects lang ng government ang pag-uusapan.. yung mga pabahay, trabaho at sa edukasyon.. pwede nyang gamitin yung sarili nyang pera sa ganitong mga proyekto pero kung sa pagpasa ng batas.. dyan siguro ako dehado ke pacman.. kung manalo man sya sa susunod nyang laban which is politics, wag sana syang kumuha ng mga taong madidiktahan sya at huwag lang din sya masilaw sa mga kayamanan ng bayan... hindi din ako pabor sa pagtakbo ni pacman pero wala na tayong magagawa pa! yung mga tao na lang ang huhusga para sa kanya..
Most of the final punches were quite solid. Solid and yet rhythmic, not wildly thrown. Be informed that Manny Pacquiao is ranked at least second best fighter pound for pound. Barrera is included in that list. Morales was in that list before he lost to Pacman the 2nd time. Solis fought only at most Humberto Sotto as far as names are concerns. There's little debate that Solis is a good fighter. But Pacquiao, Barrera and Morales were the best when they tango in the squared circle.

Watch the tape again and keep an eye on this point:
1. In the late rounds where Solis got beaten, he no longer throwing the jabs that kept Manny at distance and out of rhythm.
2. In addition to that, he was also not countering with right straights which are the most effective punch against opposite stances.

He simply got tired. Taking shots also contribute to that.

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 11:38:11 am »
Well, just to clarify what 123Kid123 said, Manny Pacquiao is not just at least ranked 2nd best pound for pound fighter in the world, but IS the 2nd best pound for pound fighter in the world. Second only to "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather, Jr. JM Marquez is at #4, and Barrera is at #9. Manny is up there.A boxing god of his time indeed. Come by September, watch out JM Marquez! the last draw-fight with Pacquiao was out of luck and popularity to the judges. This time around, they will be fighting on equal footing with regards to fame. I've heard that JM Marquez is actually training now against southpaws. I guess he is more cautious of Pacquiao than any fighter that he has faught. This will be very exciting....but even before that, the De La Hoya-Mayweather fight on 05/05 will be outstanding too...can't wait...such a great year for boxing once again!   toast:: bnana b*; bnana  toast::

*rankings are taken from The Ring magazine.
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 10:37:03 am »
Who's third? Winky Wright? I really would love to see Winky fight again. He's fighting Bernard Hopkins or Roy Jones next? I can't remember what I read.

And yes, I hope GBP and Top Rank work out the fight. I wasn't yet a fight fan when Pacman fought Marquez so I have no idea what happened in their last meeting.

But Cinco de Mayo is just a week away. I like Oscar de la Hoya to win by K.O. Then again, I just want to see them get it on the squared circle!!!

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 11:14:57 am »
Who's third? Winky Wright? I really would love to see Winky fight again. He's fighting Bernard Hopkins or Roy Jones next? I can't remember what I read.

And yes, I hope GBP and Top Rank work out the fight. I wasn't yet a fight fan when Pacman fought Marquez so I have no idea what happened in their last meeting.

But Cinco de Mayo is just a week away. I like Oscar de la Hoya to win by K.O. Then again, I just want to see them get it on the squared circle!!!

Nope, Winky Wright dropped to #5...Rafael Marquez (JM Marquez's younger brother) is at #3.

On the first, Pacquiao-Marquez fight, Manny dropped Marquez 3 to 4 times but still ended in a draw. A lot of people thought that both fighters were robbed. I personally thought that Pacquiao was robbed, then again, it's biased.

Yes, one more week and it's Cinco de Mayo. The Super Welterweight (Jr. Middleweight) bout will be as heavy as a Heavyweight bout. Not to mention our own Boom-Boom Bautista is an undercard. I want De La Hoya to win this fight, although it will be one of his toughest matches ever.

Mayweather has the speed, agility, and boxing IQ that is rare in this sport. However, De La Hoya also has the boxing IQ to match Mayweather's, he is bigger, and is the heavier puncher. Although both boxers came from the Jr. Lightweight division, De La Hoya went up to 5 other divisions gradually, while Mayweather's climb is much faster. Having said that, De La Hoya has developed his heavy punching as he climbs one weight division after the other. But Mayweather climbed too fast that his punches has not coped, thus, making his punches relatively weaker. De La Hoya has the strength. power, and experience, but is a little older, and is slower than he once was. Mayweather is slick. He moves like butter, much younger, and is one heck of a fighter.

Pretty Boy got his nickname cause he has never bled on the ring. And that he rarely gets hit on the face. But Zab Judah gave him a hell of a fight in their last match. De La Hoya is a much better boxer, and much heavier puncher than Zab Judah. So come May 5, although I'd love De La Hoya to win, it will be Mayweather by decision, but he will be Pretty Boy no more. Oscar may lose, but Mayweather, for the first time, will bleed. As they say, there is always a first time for everything.  toast::

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2007, 12:32:11 am »
Hey, do you know where can I watch HBO's de la Hoya Mayweather 24/7? I used to watch the show in Youtube.com but now it's gone.

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2007, 02:05:22 am »
Hey, do you know where can I watch HBO's de la Hoya Mayweather 24/7? I used to watch the show in Youtube.com but now it's gone.

hmmm...I have no idea. I watch it from HBO kasi. It comes out every sunday. And last sunday's episode is the last installment. Since I usually miss the sunday air, I watch it na lang sa HBO on Demand. I bet our co-spies can suggest a site or you can try Googling it. Good luck!!!  psrulez:: toast:: psrulez::