Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Need advice for globe broadband connection?  (Read 2725 times)

rhelis26

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
Need advice for globe broadband connection?
« on: February 28, 2007, 02:42:16 am »
mga pre pakiadvice nga kung anong ideal speed ka ilangan para sa broadband connection ko for my internet shop...

globe broadband at smart bro lang ang available sa amin. >:(

Kailangan ba talaga na ang kunin kung plan is for business package o pwede ba ang residential package lang. help...

KenjiSaintz

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
  • Spies Like Us
Re: Need advice for globe broadband connection?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 02:56:59 am »
Dude ako im using globe sa shop ko ang subcription ko  residential tapos kunin mong speed ung 1mbps for only 1450 kasama ns ung telephone sunggap na hurry up.........

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Pinoyspy is the reason why i surf the net!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 02:57:13 am »
pwede pala un?

bulba

• Disc Jockey
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
  • ! Dance for Life !
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 03:00:20 am »
kc db comercial yng  comp shop? pnu naging residential plan m?

;D ;D ;D

rhelis26

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 03:11:53 am »
paring kenji, ilang years kanang gumagamit sa plan na yan... ok pa ng downloading speed...
maka paglaro kana bang online games like silkroad, rf , ran , freestyle na hindi lag ang connection.
ang gamit ko ngayong is 763 kbps downloading speed. medyo hindi ako maka paglaro sa
online like silkroad, freestyle and rf. kasi lag talaga ang connection ko... uninstall ko nalang
pero sayang dami pa namang naghahanap na mga customer sa mga game na ito...

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 03:42:23 am »
pwede pala un?

the philippines does not have any specific law about how u use ur internet connection, samin 1 internet connection 5 houses ang ikinabit ko via dsl router and lanhub and nakita na ng pldt ung connections and wires ko(we had our connection prior to cheap wireless routers) and nde naman sila nagreact since no law specifies anything bout splitting internet connections in a house or neighborhood or a pc a shop for that mater, if we wanted a pc shop near us we could make 1 60 meters away from the house with the internet connection kc ung longest LAN cable na gamit ko is 60meters or use a wifi network setup(using atleast 802.11g w/ booster or 802.11 draft N)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 03:44:06 am by xtian63 »

Smitty Werben Man Jensen

• Once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy...
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 56
  • who knew this guy's cousin!
  • Special Skills: Necromancy
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 04:05:42 am »
iwasan niyo pag vobb(same as voip, wireless lahat), medyo bulok yun sa exp. ng kakilala ko lalo na pag power outages, hassle. Kapag di available ang wired connection sa place niyo, vobb ang iooffer nila for the same packages.

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 04:40:30 am »
pano mo sinetup un bro xtian? may gnalaw ka pa sa settings ng router mo at modem?

MisterSuave

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 5
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 04:51:19 am »
if your space is near your house or a friend's house, pwedeng pwede yan. dun mo ipakabit connetion mo. you will get the same speed at a lower cost. ang ISPs naman kasi dito sa atin di nila iniintindi kung anung ginagawa sa bandwith. they just let you take the commercial plan if you are an iCAFE owner. pero kung tutuusin, mas bugbug ang bandwith nung ibang residential subscribers kasi puro DL gamit ng mga iba. yung iba 24/7 pa nga kaka DL eh. lalo na kung espiya.

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 05:59:41 am »
if your space is near your house or a friend's house, pwedeng pwede yan. dun mo ipakabit connetion mo. you will get the same speed at a lower cost. ang ISPs naman kasi dito sa atin di nila iniintindi kung anung ginagawa sa bandwith. they just let you take the commercial plan if you are an iCAFE owner. pero kung tutuusin, mas bugbug ang bandwith nung ibang residential subscribers kasi puro DL gamit ng mga iba. yung iba 24/7 pa nga kaka DL eh. lalo na kung espiya.

with a P4 1.6ghz cpu... im always ONLINE as in 24/7  laffman::

pano mo sinetup un bro xtian? may gnalaw ka pa sa settings ng router mo at modem?

steps to split DSL connection:

1) got the PLDT P2000 and up package(i split it 5 ways but the more pcs in ur neighborhood the cheaper ur bill)

2) they set up 1 pc to connect to the internet(making sure u need Username and password as if it was Dial-Up on that PC to connect to the internet-THIS IS PLDT'S WA TO MAKE SURE ONLY 1 PC CONNECTS TO THE INTERNET VIA PPPoE connection and i was able to reverse it)

3) buy a DSL router with 4 ethernet ports and a LAN hub if u need to creat a daisy-chain config i u have 5 pcs and up, also buy the CAT-5 LAN cales and RJ45(buy a crimper coz ul use it to make adjustments i guarantee)

4) usually routers are PnP and u have installation CD to automatically setup ur router and lan connections

5) create ur connections to the routers and hubs with the LAN cables, make ur u create a small Home/Office network and make sure the necessary security protocols have been configed such as firewalls, antispyware, etc and that all pcs are connected to the network

6) THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, PLDT SHOULD PROVIDE YOU WITH THE IP ADDRESS OF UR DSL MODEM BECAUSE AS A CUSTOMER U HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE FULL ACCESS TO IT AND USE IT HOW U WISH, PLDT WAS DUMB ENOUGH TO GIVE ME A MANUAL HOW TO ACCESS THE MODEM VIA WEB BROWSER ON ANY PC ON THE NETWORK I SETUP, our DSL modemis a SpeedTouch 530 and its  IP is 10.0.0.138, check online if pldt doesnt give u the IP or ur modem by check the manufacturers website

7) PLDT has configured ur DSL modem to connect manually(not automatically) to the internet meaning in order for the modem to connect u need one of the PCs in the network to DIAL-UP a connection via the provided Username and Password, once connected only the 1 pc that dialed-up can connect to the internet, the rest can access the network but cannot go online so once that pc disconnects ur DSL modem will also disconnect

to allow the entire network to access the internet all at the same time(regardless of which pc was turned on initially) u have to configure ur DSL modem to dial-up on its own without needing a manual dial up with one of the pcs in the network... AUTOMATIC in other words, this is usually done in the connections part of the modem GUI wen u input the modem IP on ur web browser, my modem configuration is this:

Region                     World
Provider                   Basic
Service Name Routed PPPoE - DHCP - NAPT
Service Description    Routed PPPoE Packet Service configuration using always-on session  connectivity.

after that u are you input ur username and password and as u see an "always-on" setting meaning ur modem is always connected as long as there is power and connectivity/service from pldt itself

8)the router's installation software cd will configure the router to allow internet connection to all pcs in the network and it is usually configured as "Obtain an IP Automatically" to connect to the internet

ENJOY FAST AND REALLY CHEAP INTERNET, though initially u need to shell out some cash for the needed stuff, but we have been using our internet since jan 2004 and our investment has payed off paying only P500(i pay extra for my 24/7 use) for the past 3 yrs

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 06:04:45 am by xtian63 »

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 06:06:50 am »
wow.. copy ko to. hehe :D balak ko kasing magshare ng connection d2 sa bahay.

KenjiSaintz

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
  • Spies Like Us
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 06:54:24 am »
pareng relis bat ako nakapag online games in fact sa shop ko nga gamit ko speed 512 mabilis naman baka cra ung modem mo pa check mo o kaya ung specs ng games tignan mo kung kaya ng pc mo....

versicle

• Girls smell like Boys!
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -7
  • Age of Aquarius...
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 08:08:54 pm »
Ang DAYA ng business mo!

COMMERCIAL Computer Shop tinayo mo tapos RESIDENTIAL RATE ang gusto mo??

WALANG mangyayare sa shop mo.

BE a responsible Businessman. Pay your dues!

MisterSuave

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 5
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 01:25:24 am »
Ang DAYA ng business mo!

COMMERCIAL Computer Shop tinayo mo tapos RESIDENTIAL RATE ang gusto mo??

WALANG mangyayare sa shop mo.

BE a responsible Businessman. Pay your dues!

panu naman yun eh if you apply for a 1mbps residential line, its only Php1995/month. tapos ang 1mbps commercial line, Php5995/month.. san ka pa???

rhelis26

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 10:49:40 am »
hahaha.... mas mura nga yung residential.... same nam ang connection set up niya...
Tinanong ko ito sa Globe Center.. .sabi ng attendant sa technician nalang daw sa cafe ko ang mag configure....

Mahabaratbu

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 11:01:25 pm »
versicle- tlagang ganyan d2 sa pinas hanggat makaka menus ka ok lng yun, basta wag kanng mang aargabyado ng kapwa mo. me mga kalukuhan din yang mga pldt na yan.

TobleRONe

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 123
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 01:00:58 am »
sa nagtatanong kung paano i-share sa iba pc... bili ka kaagad ng router bago ka pa kabit ng dsl. yung pldt servicemen na mismo magtatanong sayo kung may router ka at kung gusto  i-share sa iba mo pang pc sa bahay. yan eh kung pldt ang i-papakabit mo. ganyan ang ginawa sa akin dito sa bahay.

sa question naman kung smart or globe, mas ok na yata globe, dami kasi ako naririnig na reklamo about smart. ahente kasi ako ng smart  laffman::