Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Sony's got two words for ya-SCREW YOU!... if ur HDTV maxes at 1080i  (Read 1101 times)

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
Sony retracts 1080i fix statement, leaving customers in lurch

Posted Nov 25th 2006 4:07PM by Ryan Block
Filed under: Gaming from: Engadget.com

All you owners of HDTVs that can only do 1080i, we've got some bad news for you. Sony Computer Entertainment America's head honcho of Corporate communications, David Karraker, apparently retracted -- or at least backtracked -- on Sony's previous statements about the increasingly infamous 1080i issue (the one that won't let PS3s play games at 1080i on HDTVs that don't support 720p). According to GameDaily, Sony cannot actually confirm this issue can be fixed via a firmware patch (although they're not denying it, either), and that they are "looking into the issue and haven't stated any actions that will be taken regarding it."

*well if ur in the philippines chances are you sold everything you own to get a PS3 base unit with the 20gb HD(no card readers and HDMI) meaning u wont be using it on any HDTVs(if you actually could afford it) coz this unit has no HD-out, if u have the 60gb unit chances are u wont be affected by the HDTV issue unless u could afford an older model with 1080i

and to think M$ had the same issue with maxing out only at 720p but look who amng them actually worked at the problems to come out with firmwire updates allowing 1080 resolution for games

oh and if your keeping score with the Wii, there have been a lot of HDTV cracked screens coz of the Wiimotes' substandard strap breaking causing thm to fly and be hurled at the TVs so they arent in the bes spot either
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 05:32:57 pm by xtian63 »

yobibs

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
Re: Sony's got two words for ya-SCREW YOU!... if ur HDTV maxes at 1080i
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 12:25:48 am »
  Sony has gotten lazy and too arrogant that's why ... buy Mitsubishi or Hitachi ... If you guys are checking to buy one ... check out the Samsung or Lg Brands ... cheaper but are still very impressive in quality specially the Plasma ones. Now, for LCD's ... Sharp Aquos or Panasonic.

water_fox

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
Re: Sony's got two words for ya-SCREW YOU!... if ur HDTV maxes at 1080i
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 11:52:35 am »

palpak na sony nothing nice sa mga tv nya

remember ko last year ata nag recol ng mga tv sony dahil after a few hrs na gamit mo den off the tv next day pag on mo ayaw nang mag on...

ala trip ko nun kuha ng wega tv c utol nag stop sa akin...

palpak nga daw mga bagong labas ng sony...