Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: GONNA GIVE YOU GOOSE BUMPS.  (Read 2292 times)

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• can2terorist PARACETAMOD MEDJAKOL
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • Basta count to ten laang ng count to ten
GONNA GIVE YOU GOOSE BUMPS.
« on: July 13, 2006, 03:27:40 pm »

I am not going to be the one who lets it die. I found it believable angels have walked beside me  all my life--and they still do.

A young university student  was home for the summer. She had gone to visit some friends one evening and time passed quickly as  each shared their various experiences of the past year. She ended up staying longer than planned, and had to walk home alone.
   She wasn't afraid because it was a small town and she lived only a few blocks away.As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Diane asked "God" to keep her safe from harm and danger. When she reached the alley, which was a shortcut to her house, she
decided  to take it. However, halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as though he were waiting for her.
   She became uneasy and began to pray, asking for "God's"  protection.Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped around her, she felt as though someone was walking with her. When she reached the end of the alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safely. The following day,she read in the newspaper that a young girl had been raped in the same alley just twenty minutes after she had been there. Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep thanking the Lord for her safety and to help this young woman,she decided to go to the police station.
   She felt she could recognize  the man, so she told them her story. The police asked her if she would be willing to look at a lineup to see if she could identify him.She agreed and immediately  pointed out the man she had seen in the alley the night before. When the man was told he  had been identified, he immediately broke down and confessed.The officer thanked Diane for her bravery and asked if there was anything they could do for her.
   She asked if they would ask the man one question? Diane was curious as to why he had not attacked her.When the policeman asked him, he answered,Because she wasn't alone.She had two tall men walking on either side of her."

Moral of the story:

Don't underestimate the power of Prayer!  Gives ya goose bumps, doesn't it!

Awake to righteousness,and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of GOD 1 corinthians 15:34

kinjikitatani

• lover boy
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
    • kinji's hideout
Re: GONNA GIVE YOU GOOSE BUMPS.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 10:17:33 pm »
thanks, bro. that was a really nice story.

i'm not a religious person, but i do believe that we have our own guardian angels.  you know, when we were kids, we usually pray to our guardian angels.  but as we grow up, oftentimes, we stop praying the guardian angel prayer.  worse, we even stop praying.

i had this incident last year wherein i was reminded that guardian angels do exist.  i was on my way to the office, and it was raining.  the rain stopped, but i decided to use my umbrella, just in case it rains again.  as i was walking on the sidewalk, a branch fell on my me.  it happened so fast.  luckily, the branch fell on my umbrella, lessening the impact.  i was also wearing a baseball cap which somehow cushioned my head when the branch fell on my umbrella, then into my head. 

i was momentarily shocked, my umbrella destroyed completely, but i was fine.

you know, things like that reminds me that there is a God and that he sends guardian angels to protect us, no matter how bad we are.  just think what would have happened had the branch fell directly on my head.  no more kinji kitatani.
I don't judge other people.  I just laugh at their mistakes.

take meh

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 10:20:24 pm »
Preng -can2ter☻!st?- WHAT a nice INSPIRING STORY Pre...

YOU MAKE MY DAY.....THANKS A LOT.....

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• can2terorist PARACETAMOD MEDJAKOL
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • Basta count to ten laang ng count to ten
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 09:59:12 am »
Preng -can2ter☻!st?- WHAT a nice INSPIRING STORY Pre...

YOU MAKE MY DAY.....THANKS A LOT.....

no problem,bro.. ;) it's my pleasure to spread this kind of story to enlightend us that there is a GOD who never stop protecting us w/ who we are...good or bad. To kinji kitatani thnx for your very nice confession... 8)
Awake to righteousness,and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of GOD 1 corinthians 15:34

cheeze013

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 10:58:43 am »
haha...isang kwento tungkol sa panginoon mula sa isang site na puno ng kabastusan... PEACE! :)

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Pinoyspy is the reason why i surf the net!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 11:25:25 am »
haha...isang kwento tungkol sa panginoon mula sa isang site na puno ng kabastusan... PEACE! :)

nde naman po ganun un.. marami ka pang ibang makikita d2 na nde kabastusan. marami ka ding matututunan d2 at nde lang kabastusan.. surf mo ung buong site.. makikita mo ang ibig kong sabihin.

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
  • "do unto others what u want others do unto you."
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 07:35:01 am »
marvelous story.  it helps us realize and be reminded of the power of Prayers in our life.  I know and i believe that there are still other nice true stories like this that stress or emphasize the never ending support and protection of God to us through our prayers.  With Him there is no impossible if we will just put our trust to Him and never forget to pray for His help. 

This post is one good example and proof that there are lots of learnings and good points members and guest could acquire from logging in or visiting this site....

sweetbayag2

• mahirap labanan ang katamaran, nakakatamad kasi
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 53
    • wag ka makolit, pumpyangen keta jan eh. . . .
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 11:54:30 am »
 >:(
ang pagbabalik http://pickourbricks.com
http://stores.ebay.com/pickourbricks
di nako bastos, negosyante na po ako

fieldspaniel15

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 05:25:50 am »
never ever underestimate the power of prayer!

manoyihay

• tissue please!
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 42
  • With a shirt like this, who needs pants?
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 05:56:27 am »

surf mo buong forum..gong-gong!

amy2004

• Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 07:39:58 am »
 gusto kung dagdagan ang goose bump nyo! This is about my story. Im an engineer working in a water utility in one of the main cities here in the south. Six years ago i met a freak accident, it was the height of the great monsoon floods that beset the city every january. We were at the middle of a bridge when a great surge of flood water come, the bridge broke and we feel down the raging river, there were three of us! one were able to jump to safety while me and the other one fell. A giant whirlpool swallowed me like a monster, it was pitch dark below that chilly 20 ft. of water with a lot of debris swirling around me. I tried hard kicking to bring myself to the surface but to no avail. It was then i realized that im going to die! So i prayed hard asking our lord to forgave me for my sins and thank him for giving me the chance to live in this world, i even ask our lord to look after my love ones when im gone. I also ask him to accept me and that his will be done. Then i calmed down and the wierdest thing that happen was that i even humured myself with that funny thought of dying thru drowning. Then i saw something white above me, i tried to reach for it and before i know im already at the surface coughing, short of breath. when i surfaced i was almost two hundred meters away from where i fell, in the middle of an enlarge river and a current so strong that i had to use a knife jack stroke to be able to reach the bank. Two of us survive but the other one who fell with me were not as lucky, his remains until today was not found.. Up to this day i never know why God allowed me to live, right now i got a lot of illness. Im positive with Hepa B, my lungs is failing i feel the pain of a broken ribs( i broke three). But that is not the end of my story ,sixteen years ago i also figure in a motorcycle accident i broke my left leg bones including my knee, becouse of the pain i almost passed out but the first name i was able to mention is Jesus, and i survived that event, i met again another one after that also with a motorcyle but i was not seriously hurt and once more i was able to mention Jesus name before i hit the ground, then that bridge accident came. So three times i met my possible end and three times i invoke his name and i survive! Today i realize that every day that i live is a gift from GOD!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 07:59:15 am by amy2004 »