Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: (HEALTH 101) cause of BANGUNGOT...must read  (Read 4304 times)

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• can2terorist PARACETAMOD MEDJAKOL
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • Basta count to ten laang ng count to ten
(HEALTH 101) cause of BANGUNGOT...must read
« on: May 15, 2006, 08:18:14 pm »
ARTICLE FROM THE PHILIPPINE STAR

The reported cause of actor Rico Yan's death is nightmare or bangungot.Medical investigators in China, Japan and several Asian countries who performed autopsies on persons who died from "acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis" found out that the majority of them had eaten NOODLES as their supper.

This was a startling finding. However, it wasn't the noodles that caused nightmares but dehydration. Imbibing even with a few drinks of alcohol or just eating noodles immediately before bedtime compound this on an empty stomach will trigger an electrolyte imbalance and other factors that causes a person to dehydrate or lose water.

It is therefore advisable for a person to take several glasses of water before bedtime if he had a few or several alcoholic drinks. Avoid eating noodles before bedtime, but if you can not avoid it, allow at least two hours for the body to digest the noodles before hitting the sack and drink plenty of water.

The most important thing is, never go thirsty when going to bed and be sure you have plenty of water during your 8-hour rest.

Awake to righteousness,and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of GOD 1 corinthians 15:34

ZR

• Your Servant
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Learn and Enjoy....
Re: (HEALTH 101) cause of BANGUNGOT...must read
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 08:40:25 pm »
hhehehee okay na tip to ahhh... pre nasalba mo yung lfe ko.... mahilig kami mag chinese noodle ng GF ko ay X na pala, after kami mag ispikikay....

meme

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 41
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 10:02:17 pm »
yup that's right may bad effect ang noodles sa katawan ng tao kapg di maxado well done cook ito specially mga pinoy mahilig sa "pancit canton" na ready-made be sure na lulutuin nyo maigi nahihrapan kasi ang katawan natin i-digest ito saan na ba c DR.Ugat magpramdam knah hehehe......

Knivez117

• "Knight of Love"
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 21
  • To show emotion is a sign of weakness.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 10:13:34 pm »
Pano n yung kasabihang.. "Ang pancit ay pangpahaba ng buhay?" ???

I got ninety-nine problems but the bitch aint one!

You might win the battle but I will always win the war.. always.

Seek N Strike

• tribong tagasumbong
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
  • back to the primitive! wer everythin is simple!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 12:36:59 am »
oo nga idol knives... ironic pla un sa reality.. thanx sa tips. i salute you!

the quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog!

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
  • "do unto others what u want others do unto you."
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 12:40:55 am »
thnks! good reminder...

pining

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 04:44:05 am »
Ang problema lang pag uminom ka ng maraming tubig bago matulog ay ihi ka ng ihi. Duda ko kaya namatay yan malamang may tinirang droga. Opinion lang po

Omni-Jasper

• Pioneer
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
  • We all have the rights to Hear.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 05:39:41 pm »
Ang laki siguro ng swerte ko tol.. Sa daming beses ko na ngwa yan. Salamat nalng wala pa ngyari skin. Salamat salamat sa TIP..

UnGraTefuL SchoLaR

• ungrateful scholar
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 18
  • One Piece
    • BattleOn's UnGratefuL SchoLar
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 11:35:08 pm »
Yung kay Rico Yan pinalabas lang naman na bangungot yung ikinamatay nya di ba?  The real cause of his death was an Ecstacy overdose.
" If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable. "

azriel

• Pioneer
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 12:08:02 am »
i hate to disagree but i think acute (hemorrhagic) pancreatitis is caused by blockage sa pancreatic duct going to the small intestine leading to auto-digestion of the pancreas. if i remember it correctly (according to our teacher back in college), eating noodles just before bedtime tends to distend your stomach  (kahit nga mali lang yung posisyon sa pagtulog, thus the saying "umayos ka ng hig at baka bangungutin ka.") and subsequently in a way block the pancreatic duct or accessory pancreatic duct (which ever kung meron man sa tao, di ko na matandaan). ngayon, pag nag-secrete na yung pancreas natin ng digestive enzymes, at barado yung dadaanan, in time it turns active and digests the pancreas.

batang espiya

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • Breast milk is BEST for babies up to 75 years old
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 01:36:58 pm »
I agree with Azriel... acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis has nothing to do with bangungot... the suffix "itis" means inflammation... siguro naman hindi mamamaga bigla ang pancreas mo pag binangungot ka... bwahahah... noodles + alcohol = bangungot huh?!? it doesn't make any sense...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 01:38:35 pm by batang espiya »
You can't seee me!!!

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 02:06:09 pm »
I MUST SAY BRAVO to the ppl who OBVIOUSLY paid off the newspaper to publish this article coz this has to be the most inaccurate piece of crap ive ever read, notice they just say "ASIAN" no specific name or health/scientific agency who did this study, ginagawa naman nila masyado mga tanga pilipino

some thoughts of mine

1)dehydration that can cause death will have to be of some extreme significant amount as in to the point that UR EYES and MOUTH are already dry, if RICO VOMITED or urinated GALONS of fluid yes he could die
2)if u have HEMORRHAGE as said in the disease u DIE of HYPOVOLEMEC shock and not dehydration
3)FLUID and ELECTROLYTE imbalance=urination of SODIUM(which is the nutrient responsible for watter retetion), hello MAALAT po ang noodles kahit may sabaw, ano ung wala flavor ung kinain nya?
4)ok ALCOHOLISM is a cause of acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis though i doubt this is the real cause
5)WHAT IDIOT GAVE THE ADVICE TO DRINK LOTS OF FLUID BEFORE U SLEEP AFTER DRINKING OR EATING NOODLES, MAYAT MAYA GIGISING KA PARA UMIHI AND SINCE GALING KA SA PAGINOM EH TATAYO KA TALAGA PARA UMIHI
6)OK IF UR ALREADY DRUNK AND U DRINK SEVERAL GLASSES OF WATER MAY TENDENCY NA MASUKA KA IN BED KUNG SOBRANG WASTED KA, EH TANGA KA KUNG PUPUNUIN MO UNG TIYAN MO NG TUBIG NA PWEDE PUMASOK SA BAGA MO(ASPIRATION) AND U WILL DIE, kaya nga bawal magpainom or magpakain by mouth ng nakahiga sa hospitals eh

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 02:17:21 pm »
BANGUNGOT DEFINED:

there is what we term as ROM sleep or Rapid Eye Movement sleep, ito ung pag tinignan mo ung mata ng tulog gumagalaw under the eyelids, this mean that the person is in a deep level of sleep na mahirap na gisingin, usually nananaginip na yan, at this point ur body is already in a CATATONIC STATE(tusukin mo karayom deadma) as in down na yan, studies have shown that there are tendencies na YOUR CONCIOUSNESS breaks away from this level of sleep and u(with ur brain) wake up but ur ENTIRE body is still in a catatonic state, eto ung gising ka na pero NDE KA MAKAGALAW, u try to speak or SCREAM pero wala lumalabas sa bibig mo, u feel nothing in ut body, UR PARALYZED, this is a very dangerous state kc there are case na gising ka na and bigla pagexhale mo nde ka na ulit makainhale, if u dnt release ueslef from this state u will die, there are also instances na nakadilat ka na at nakakakita ka na pero nde ka pa rin makagalaw

this phenomenon has been researched and found to happen to PEOPLE WHO REPORT HAVING BEEN VISITED BY ALIENS or EVEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS AND EXPERIMENTED

i personally experience this on a bit of a regular basis when patulog pa lang ako then i fallsuddenly into such a deep sleep and nakakaramdam ako ng EXTREME ANXIETY to the point of HIGH level to PANIC as in i feel SCARED for no reason at all then i wake up but cant move, with open eyes im helpless, may times rin nawalan ako ng hiniga kaya i had to fight to breath again, when this happens i wake up and sit up 30min to 1 hr befor i go to sleep again, when i this happens i know pinagtripan ako ng "others" d2 sa bahay

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 03:03:30 pm »
BANGUNGOT DEFINED:

there is what we term as ROM sleep or Rapid Eye Movement sleep, ito ung pag tinignan mo ung mata ng tulog gumagalaw under the eyelids, this mean that the person is in a deep level of sleep na mahirap na gisingin, usually nananaginip na yan, at this point ur body is already in a CATATONIC STATE(tusukin mo karayom deadma) as in down na yan, studies have shown that there are tendencies na YOUR CONCIOUSNESS breaks away from this level of sleep and u(with ur brain) wake up but ur ENTIRE body is still in a catatonic state, eto ung gising ka na pero NDE KA MAKAGALAW, u try to speak or SCREAM pero wala lumalabas sa bibig mo, u feel nothing in ut body, UR PARALYZED, this is a very dangerous state kc there are case na gising ka na and bigla pagexhale mo nde ka na ulit makainhale, if u dnt release ueslef from this state u will die, there are also instances na nakadilat ka na at nakakakita ka na pero nde ka pa rin makagalaw

this phenomenon has been researched and found to happen to PEOPLE WHO REPORT HAVING BEEN VISITED BY ALIENS or EVEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS AND EXPERIMENTED

i personally experience this on a bit of a regular basis when patulog pa lang ako then i fallsuddenly into such a deep sleep and nakakaramdam ako ng EXTREME ANXIETY to the point of HIGH level to PANIC as in i feel SCARED for no reason at all then i wake up but cant move, with open eyes im helpless, may times rin nawalan ako ng hiniga kaya i had to fight to breath again, when this happens i wake up and sit up 30min to 1 hr befor i go to sleep again, when i this happens i know pinagtripan ako ng "others" d2 sa bahay

bossing believe na sana ako sa definition mo ng "bangungot" eh kaso biglang bandang huli nagkaruon ng "ALIEN" and "OTHERS" parang mas mhirap pniwalaan...
I agree with Azriel... acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis has nothing to do with bangungot... the suffix "itis" means inflammation... siguro naman hindi mamamaga bigla ang pancreas mo pag binangungot ka... bwahahah... noodles + alcohol = bangungot huh?!? it doesn't make any sense...

Pano mo bibigyan ng kahulugan ang "acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis" sa tagalog? and did you read the POST? "This was a startling finding. However, it wasn't the noodles that caused nightmares but dehydration. Imbibing even with a few drinks of alcohol or just eating noodles immediately before bedtime compound this on an empty stomach will trigger an electrolyte imbalance and other factors that causes a person to dehydrate or lose water."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 03:34:55 pm by -can2teror!st- »
Awake to righteousness,and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of GOD 1 corinthians 15:34

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 03:14:24 pm »
ok just to clarify

ALIEN REFERENCE=  a study of ppl show report to have veing visited or abducted show that most of them experience this ROM sleep malfunction, thats why they report to have seen beings(eyes open and thier minds play tricks due to a level of PANIC they feel kc nde sila makagalaw) and feel that they are being experimented on kc nde sila makagalaw kahit gising sila, same feeling u get when ur under surgery and given anethetics, this was an actual sudy done in america

OTHERS= when i experience this i dnt feel like im alone n the room im sleeping in, its my personal experience, im dnt expect u to belive it, just sharing my experience, hust for fun check my post in Post a Picture

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 03:17:33 pm »
Acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis, pancreas

A. Brief Descriptions:

The ultimate pathogenetic process in acute pancreatitis is the proteolysis, lipolysis, and hemorrhage resulting from the destructive effect of pancreatic enzymes released from acinar cells.

B. Gross Findings:

1.    Vary from a swollen & edematous but well-preserved organ to a hemorrhagic & necrotic

mass.

2.    Yellow plaques & nodules (fatty necrosis) within pancreas, mesentery and peritoneal fat.

C. Micro Findings:

1.    Autodigestion resulting in destruction of the fat, interstitium & pancreatic parenchyma.

2.    Interstitial hemorrhage.

3.    Inflammatory cells infiltrate.

4.   Amorphous basophilic calcium precipitates.

D. Others:

1.    Causes: cholelithiasis, alcoholism, viruses, drugs, ischemia, trauma and nutritional.

deficiencies... ? duct obstruction, acinar cell injury and deranged, intracellular transport

of pancreatic enzymes.

2.    Mechanism: activated enzymes.

3.    Lesions: interstitial inflammation + proteolysis + fat necrosis + hemorrhage.

4.    Clinical manifestations:

Acute onset of abdominal pain by increase pancreatic enzymes in blood & urine.

Associated with biliary tract diseases, alcoholism, and trauma.

Secondary infection with abscess formation, or fibrosis, or pseudocyst formation.

neckromancer

• Senator Sayote
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 17
  • Dungeon Master
    • Ang Aking Munting Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 04:20:37 am »
 8) well done -can2terorist-! ang bangungot na lang kasi, sa most accurate definition ko (opinion ko lang ha?) e sudden death while sleeping. kahit sakit sa puso, stroke, nasasabihang bangungot e. siguro kasi sa language natin hindi masyado nakakasabay sa culture. We really have to educate people about these things, kasi nga naman health natin and ultimately, buhay ang nakasalalay dito!

azriel

• Pioneer
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2006, 05:03:14 pm »
Acute hemorrhagic pancreatitis, pancreas

A. Brief Descriptions:

The ultimate pathogenetic process in acute pancreatitis is the proteolysis, lipolysis, and hemorrhage resulting from the destructive effect of pancreatic enzymes released from acinar cells.

B. Gross Findings:

1.    Vary from a swollen & edematous but well-preserved organ to a hemorrhagic & necrotic

mass.

2.    Yellow plaques & nodules (fatty necrosis) within pancreas, mesentery and peritoneal fat.

C. Micro Findings:

1.    Autodigestion resulting in destruction of the fat, interstitium & pancreatic parenchyma.

2.    Interstitial hemorrhage.

3.    Inflammatory cells infiltrate.

4.   Amorphous basophilic calcium precipitates.

D. Others:

1.    Causes: cholelithiasis, alcoholism, viruses, drugs, ischemia, trauma and nutritional.

deficiencies... ? duct obstruction, acinar cell injury and deranged, intracellular transport

of pancreatic enzymes.

2.    Mechanism: activated enzymes.

3.    Lesions: interstitial inflammation + proteolysis + fat necrosis + hemorrhage.

4.    Clinical manifestations:

Acute onset of abdominal pain by increase pancreatic enzymes in blood & urine.

Associated with biliary tract diseases, alcoholism, and trauma.

Secondary infection with abscess formation, or fibrosis, or pseudocyst formation.

parang ala atang dehydration dito ah