Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Nice Stories......  (Read 2581 times)

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
Nice Stories......
« on: May 05, 2006, 04:45:11 am »
This is a very nice story. I hope it inspires you. :D

Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family.

The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the
mansion's guest room.

Instead the angels were given a small space in the cold basement.

As they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it.

When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied,
"Things aren't always what they seem."

The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his wife.

After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest .

When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears.

Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field.

The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel how could you have let this happen?

The first man had everything, yet you helped him, he accused.

The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let the cow die.

"Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied.

"When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall.

Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the wall so he wouldn't find it."

Then last night as we slept in the farmers bed, the angel of
death came for his wife. I gave him the cow instead.

Things aren't always what they seem."

LINK/LINK2
"Sa hinabahaba ng prusisyon sa PINOYSPY din ang tuloy"

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
Re: Nice Stories......
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 04:46:24 am »
the 10 lepers

And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers(with leprosy), which stood afar off. And they lifted up their voices, and said, ?Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!? And when he saw them, he said unto them, ?Go show yourselves unto the priests?. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering said, ?Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger?. And he said unto him, ?Arise, go thy way, your faith has made you whole".
-LUKE 17:13-19

Sometimes, we only remember God when we are in need of something, after receiving what we asked for, we forget about HIM.

Actually, everyday in our lives, we receive God?s blessings, but do we ever realize that? neither we often give thanks to Him? God is looking for those people who appreciate Him. When we wake up each morning, give thanks for the safe night, before each meal, give thanks, before we go to sleep, give thanks because the day didn?t end that bad. These are just some simple things that we should be thanking for, lets pray and give thanks to HIM everyday!

LINK/LINK2

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 04:47:12 am »
Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings,
thank you, Lord, that I can hear. There are many who are deaf.

Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long as possible, thank you, Lord, that I can see. Many are blind.

Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising,
thank you Lord, that I have the strength to rise.

There are many who are bedridden.

Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost,
toast is burned and tempers are short,
my children are so loud thank you, Lord, for my family.
There are many who are lonely.

Even though our breakfast table never looks like
the pictures in magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced,
thank you, Lord, for the food we have.
There are many who are hungry.
Even though the routine of my job is often monotonous,
thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work.
There are many who have no job.

Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day
and wish my circumstances were not so modest,
thank you, Lord, for life.

If all people can read this , it might help a bit to make this world a better place to live in.

LINK/LINK2

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 04:48:06 am »
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus? (Philippians 4:19).

After we sold our farm we moved to an apartment in another city. It was close to the ocean. The day after we moved there, Grandpa had to go away to a meeting in another city, so I was all by myself. I felt very lonely. I didn?t know anybody there and all our children, grandchildren and friends lived far away.

The next morning I decided to go for a walk to the ocean. I had only walked a little while when I noticed a big dog was trotting beside me. He was real friendly and acted like I was his owner.

When we got to the beach he brought me a stick and when I threw it into the water, he ran to get it and bring it to me. I threw it in again. We played like this for quite a while.

Then he chased the ducks - but would always come back - he wanted me to pat his back. People thought he was my dog. I felt good ? I felt loved - even it if was only a dog.

He walked all the way home with me, but when I was a few feet from the apartment building, he left me and I never saw him again.

The Lord knew I needed a companion that day and He provided a dog friend for an hour. My heart was so happy. God loves us so much that He provides those special surprises for us.

LINK/LINK2

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 04:49:36 am »
The Parable of Unforgiving Servant

Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
Jesus said to him, I say not to you, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Therefore is the kingdom of heaven like to a certain king, which would take account of his servants.And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought to him, which owed him ten thousand talents.But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellow servants, which owed him a hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that you owed.
And his fellow servant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
So when his fellow servants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
Then his lord, after that he had called him, said to him, O you wicked servant, I forgave you all that debt, because you desired me to, shouldn't you also have had compassion on your fellow servant, even as I had pity on you?And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due to him.

So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also to you, if you from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

-MATTHEW 18:21-35

let's learn to forgive so that our Father will forgive us also, otherwise our hatred and anger will lead us to damnation

LINK/LINK2

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 04:50:10 am »
The Rich Man and Lazarus

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
and there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
and desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
and in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
But Abraham said, Son, remember that you in your lifetime received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things: but now he is comforted, and you are tormented.
And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from here to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from there.
Then he said, I pray you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house:
for I have five brothers; that he may testify to them, or they will also come into this place of torment.
Abraham said to him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
And he said, Nay, father Abraham, but if one went to them from the dead, they will repent.
And he said to him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

LUKE 16: 19-31

Do we need miracles or supernatural events like man rising from the dead to believe HIM?
How shall we hear Moses and the prophets?...or in our times, Jesus Christ?
>>>READ THE BIBLE
give time to know His Words, Jesus is His Words
and he doesnt just gave time for us, He gave up His Life

LINK/LINK2

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 04:52:13 am »
Ang Kwento ni Job

May isang lalaki sa lupain ng Uz na ang pangalan ay Job, at ang lalaking yaon ay sakdal at matuwid at natatakot sa Dios at humihiwalay sa masama.Meron syang 7 anak na lalaki at 3 anak na babae. Ang kanyang pag-aari naman ay 7,000 tupa, 3,000 kamelyo , 500 magkakatuwang na baka , 500 asnong babae at isang totoong malaking sangbahayan na anopa?t ang lalaking ito at syang pinakadakila sa silanganan . Job 1:1-3

Isang araw nga ng ang mga anghel ay magsiparoon na magsiharap sa Panginoon, na si Satanas ay naparoon din naman na kasama nila:
Dios: Saan ka nanggaling?
Satanas : Sa pagpaparoo?t parito sa lupa at sa pagmamanhik manaog doon
Dios: Iyo bang pinansin ang aking lingkod na si Job? Sapagkat walang gaya niya sa lupa
na sakdal at matuwid na lalaki na natatakot sa Dios at humihiwalay sa kasamaan.
Satanas:Natatakot ba ng walang kabuluhan si Job?Hindi mo ba kinulong sya at ang
kanyang sangbahayan at ang lahat nyang tinatangkilik sa bawa?t dako? Iyong
pinagpala ang gawa ng kanyang mga kamay at ang kanyang pag-aari ay dumami sa
lupain. Ngunit pagbuhatan mo sya ng iyong kamay ngayon at galawin mo ang lahat
nyang tinatangkilik at itatakwil ka nya ng mukhaan.
Dios: narito, lahat nyang tinatangkilik ay nangasa iyong kapangyarihan, sya lamang ang
hwag mong pagbuhatan ng iyong kamay.

Sa gayo?y lumabas si Satanas na mula sa harapan ng Panginoon Job 112

At nangyari isang araw,dumating ang isang sugo kay Job at nagsabi, ?Ang mga baka ay nagsisipag araro at ang mga asno at nagsisisabsab sa siping nila, at dinaluhongng mga Sabeoat pinagdadala, oo, kanilang kanilang pinatay ng talim ng tabak ang mga bataan at ako lamang ang nakatanang mag-isa upang magsaysay sa yo.?
Samantalang sya?y nagsasalita pa ay dumating naman ang iba at nagsabi?Ang apoy ng Dios ay nalaglag mula sa langitat sinunog ang mga tupa at ang mga bataan at pinagsupok at ako lamang ang nakatanang mag-isa upang magsaysay sa yo.?
Samantalang sya?y nagsasalita pa ay dumating naman ang iba at nagsabi, ? ang mga Caldeo ay nagtatlong pulutong at dumaluhong sa mga kamelyo at pinagdadala, oo, kanilang kanilang pinatay ng talim ng tabak ang mga bataan at ako lamang ang nakatanang mag-isa upang magsaysay sa yo.?
Samantalang sya?y nagsasalita pa ay dumating naman ang iba at nagsabi? ang iyong mga anak na lalaki at babaeay nagsisikain at nagsisiinom sa bahay ng kanilang kapatid na panganayat narito dumating ang malakas na hanginna mula sa ilangat hinampas ang apat na sulok ng bahay at lumagpaksa mga binata, at sila?y nangamatay, at ako lamang ang nakatanang mag-isa upang magsaysay sa yo?.
Nang magkagayo?y bumangon si Job at hinapak ang kanyang balabal at inahitan ang kayng ulo at nagpatirapa sa lupa at sumamba. At sinabi nya ?Hubad akong lumabas sa bahay-bata ng aking ina at hubad na babalik ako roon, ang panginoon ang nagbigay at ang Panginoon ang nag-aalis, purihin ang pangalan ng Panginoon?
Sa lahat ng ito ay hindi nagkasala si Job ni inari mang mangmang ng Dios. Job13-22

Nangyari uli na sa araw ng pagparoon ng mga anghel upang magsiharap sa Panginoon na nakiparoon din si Satanas upang humarap sa Panginoon.
Dios: Saan ka nanggaling?
Satanas: Sa pagpaparoo?t parito sa lupa at sa pagmamanhik manaog doon
Dios: Iyo bang pinansin ang aking lingkod na si Job? Sapagkat walang gaya niya sa lupa
na sakdal at matuwid na lalaki na natatakot sa Dios at humihiwalay sa kasamaan, at
sya?y namamalagi sa kanyang pagtatapat bagaman ako?y kinilos laban sa kanya
upang ilugmok sya ng walang kadahilanan.
Satanas : balat kung balat, oo, lahat na tinatangkilik ng tao ay ibibigay dahil sa kanyang
Buhay. Ngunit pagbuhatan mo ngayon ng iyong kamay, at galawin mo ang
kanyang buto at ang kanyang laman at kanyang itatakwil ka ng mukhaan.
Dios: narito sya?y nasa iyong kamay , ingatan mo lamang ang kanyang buhay.

Sa gayo?y umalis si Satanas mula sa harapan ng Panginoon at pinasibulan si Job ng mga masamang bukol na mula sa talampakan ng kanyang paa hanggan sa kanyang puyo. At kumuha sya ng isang bibinga ng palyok upang ipangkayod ng langib at sya?y naupo sa mga abo. Nang magkagayo?y sinabi ng kanyang asawa sa kanya, ?namamalagi ka pa ba sa yong pagtatapat? Itakwil mo nag Dios at mamamatay ka? Ngunit sinabi nya sa kanya, ?ikaw ay nagsasalita na gaya ng pagsasalita ng hangal na babae, Ano? Tatanggap ba tayo ng mabuti sa kamay ng Dios at hindi tayo tatanggap ng masama? sa lahat ng ito ay hindi nagkasala si job ng kanyang labi. Job210

Kung sa inyo nangyari ito? Itatakwil mo ba ang Dios?
Tandaan si Satanas ang gumagawa ng mga masasamang bagay at pangyayri sa ating buhay upang itakwil natin Sya.

Job 17: si Job ay nanaghoy sa Dios dahil sa kanyang kaaba abang kalagayan.
Job 42: 10-15: At inalis ng Panginoon ang pagkabihag ni Job at binigyan ng Panginoon si Job na makalawa ang higit ng dami kaysa tinatangkilik nya dati..at sya?y nagkaroon ng ng 14,000 tupa, 6,000 kamelyo, 1,000 tuwang na baka, 1,000 asnong babae. Sya nama?y nagkaroon din 7 anak na llaki at 3 anak na babae at sa buong lupain ay walang mga baabing masusumpunagn na totoong maganda na gaya nila.

LINK/LINK2

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 04:53:03 am »
I was walking down life's highway a long time ago. One day I saw a sign that read `Heaven Grocery Store'.

As I got a little closer, the door came wide open, And when I came to myself, I was standing inside.

I saw a host of angels. They were standing everywhere. One handed me a basket and said, "My child, shop with care." Everything a Christian needed was in the Grocery Store. And if you couldn't carry them, you could come back for more.

First I got some PATIENCE. LOVE was in the same row. Further down was UNDERSTANDING, you need that wherever you go.

I got a box of WISDOM, a bag or two of FAITH. I couldn't miss the Holy Ghost, for He was all over the place. I stopped to get some STRENGTH and COURAGE to help me win the race And though my basket was getting full, I remembered to get some GRACE.

I didn't forget SALVATION, for salvation, that was free. So, I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me. Then I started up the counter to pay the grocery bill, for I thought I had everything to do my Master's will.

As I went up the aisle, I saw PRAYER and I just had to put that in, For I knew when I stepped outside, I would run into SIN. PEACE and JOY were plentiful, they were on the last shelf. SONG and PRAISES were hanging near so I just helped myself.

Then I said to the Angel, "Now how much do I owe?"

He just smiled and said, "Just take them everywhere you go!"

Again I smiled at him and said, "How much do I really owe?"

The Angel smiled again and said, "My child, Jesus paid your bill a long time ago."

LINK/LINK2

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 04:54:00 am »
?THE BEST EXPRESSION OF LOVE IS TIME?

The importance of things can be measured by how much time we are willing to invest in them. The more time you give to something, the more you reveal its importance and value to you. If you want to know a person?s priorities, just look at how they use their time.

Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it. You can make money, but you can?t make more time. When you give someone your time, but you are giving him or her a portion of your life that you?ll never get back. Your time is your life. That?s why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time.

It is not enough just to say relationships are important; we must prove it by investing time in them. Works alone are worthless. Relationships take time and effort, and the best way to spell love is ?T-I-M-E?.

The most desired gift of love is not diamonds or roses or chocolate. It is focused attention. Love concentrates so intently on another that you forget yourself at that moment. Attention says, ?I value you enough to give you my precious asset-my time.? Whenever you give your time, you are making a sacrifice, and sacrifice is the essence of love.

You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving. Love means giving up-yielding my preferences, comfort, goals, security, money, energy, or time for the benefit of someone else.

The best use of life is love. The best expression of love is time. The best time to love is now, now ?Purpose Drives life?.

LINK/LINK2

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 04:54:50 am »
One day, I woke early in the morning to watch the
sunrise. Ah the beauty of God's creation is beyond
description. As I watched, I praised God for His
beautiful work. As I sat there, I felt the Lord's
presence with me.

He asked me, "Do you love me?"

I answered, "Of course, God! You are my Lord and
Saviour!"

Then He asked, "If you were physically
handicapped, would you still love me?"

I was perplexed. I looked down upon my arms,
legs and the rest of my body and wondered how
many things I wouldn't; be able to do, the things
that I took for granted.

And I answered, "It would be tough Lord, but I
would still love You."

Then the Lord said, "If you were blind, would you
still love my creation?" How could I love something
without being able to see it? Then I thought of all
the blind people in the world and how many of
them still loved God and His creation.

So I answered, "Its hard to think of it, but I would
still love you."

The Lord then asked me, "If you were deaf, would
you still listen to my word?" How could I listen to
anything being deaf?

Then I understood. Listening to God's Word is not
merely using our ears, but our hearts.

I answered, "It would be tough, but I would still
listen to Your word."

The Lord then asked, "If you were mute, would you
still praise My Name?"

How could I praise without a voice? Then it
occurred to me: God wants us to sing from our
very heart and soul. It never matters what we
sound like. And praising God is not always with a
song, but when we are persecuted, we give God
praise with our words of thanks.

So I answered, "Though I could not physically
sing, I would still praise Your Name."

And the Lord asked, "Do you really love Me?"

With courage and a strong conviction, I answered
boldly, "Yes Lord! I love You because You are the
one and true God!"

I thought I had answered well, but God
asked, "THEN WHY DO YOU SIN?"

I answered, "Because I am only human. I am not
perfect."

"THEN WHY IN TIMES OF PEACE DO YOU
STRAY THE FURTHEST? WHY ONLY IN TIMES
OF TROUBLE DO YOU PRAY THE EARNEST?"

No answers. Only tears.

The Lord continued: "Why only sing at fellowships
and retreats? Why seek Me only in times of
worship? Why ask things so selfishly? Why ask
things so unfaithfully?"

The tears continued to roll down my cheeks.

"Why are you ashamed of Me? Why are you not
spreading the good news? Why in times of
persecution, you cry to others when I offer My
shoulder to cry on? Why make excuses when I
give you opportunities to serve in My Name?"

I tried to answer, but there was no answer to give.

"You are blessed with life. I made you not to throw
this gift away. I have blessed you with talents to
serve Me, but you continue to turn away. I have
revealed My Word to you, but you do not gain in
knowledge. I have spoken to you but your ears
were closed. I have shown My blessings to you,
but your eyes were turned away. I have sent you
servants, but you sat idly by as they were pushed
away. I have heard your prayers and I have
answered them all."

DO YOU TRULY LOVE ME ?"

I could not answer. How could I? I was
embarrassed beyond belief. I had no excuse. What
could I say to this? My heart had cried out and the
tears had flowed, I said, Please forgive me Lord. I
am unworthy to be Your child."

The Lord answered, " That is My Grace, My child."

I asked, " Then why do you continue to forgive me?
Why do You love me so?"

The Lord answered, "Because you are My
creation. You are my child. I will never abandon
you. When you cry, I will have compassion and cry
with you. When you shout with joy, I will laugh with
you. When you are down, I will encourage you.
When you fall, I will raise you up. When you are
tired, I will carry you. I will be with you till the end
of days, and I will love you forever."

Never had I cried so hard before. How could I have
been so cold? How could I have hurt God as I had
done?

I asked God, "How much do You love me?"

The Lord stretched out His arms, and I saw His
nail-pierced hands. I bowed down at the feet of
Christ, my Saviour. And for the first time, I truly
prayed.

LINK/LINK2

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 04:55:27 am »
Years ago, I was enthralled as I listened to a pastor who
for several years had faithfully served the church. His executive
responsibilities had taken him all over this country. As he
concluded his message, he told of one of the most frightening yet
thought-provoking
experiences of his life.

He had been on a long flight. The first warning of the approaching
problems came when the sign on the airplane flashed on: "Fasten your seat
belts." Then, after a while, a calm voice said, "We shall not be serving
the beverages at this time as we are expecting a little turbulence.
Please be sure your seat belt is fastened."

As he looked around the aircraft, it became obvious that
many of the passengers were becoming apprehensive. Later, the
voice of the announcer said, "We are so sorry that we are unable to
serve the meal at this time. The turbulence is still ahead of us."

And then the storm broke. The ominous cracks of thunder
could be heard even above the roar of the engines. Lightning lit
up the darkening skies, and within moments that great plane was like a
cork tossed around on a celestial ocean. One moment the airplane was lifted
on
terrific currents of air; the next, it dropped as if it were about to
crash.

The pastor confessed that he shared the discomfort and
fear of those around him. He said, "As I looked around the plane,
I could see that nearly all the passengers were upset and alarmed. Some
were
praying. The future seemed ominous and many were wondering if they would
make it through the storm.

And then, I suddenly saw a girl to whom the storm meant
nothing. She had tucked her feet beneath her as she sat on her
seat and was reading a book. Everything within her small world was calm and
orderly. Sometimes she closed her eyes, then she would read again; then she

would straighten her legs, but worry and fear were not in her
world. When the plane was being buffeted by the terrible storm, when it
lurched
this way and that, as it rose and fell with frightening severity, when all
the adults were scared half to death, that marvelous child was
completely composed and unafraid."

The minister could hardly believe his eyes.

It was not surprising therefore, that when the plane
finally reached its destination and all the passengers were
hurrying to disembark, he lingered to speak to the girl whom he had watched
for such a long time.

Having commented about the storm and behavior of the
plane, he asked why she had not been afraid. The sweet child
replied, "Sir, my Dad is the pilot, and he is taking me home."

Author Unknown

Trust the Lord to be the pilot of your life just as the
child in this story trusted her father and know that because you
have put your faith and confidence in Him, your future is safe, protected
and forever secured.

LINK/LINK2

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 04:56:03 am »
God Said No

I asked God to take away my habit.
God said, No.
It is not for me to take away; but for you to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said; No.
His spirit is whole, his body is only temporary

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.
Patience is a byproduct of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is
learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.
I give you blessings; Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer
to
me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.
You must grow on your own!, but I will prune you to make you
fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life, so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others, as much as He loves me.
God said...Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

THIS DAY IS YOURS DON'T THROW IT AWAY

May God Bless You,

LINK/LINK2

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 04:56:35 am »
A young man was getting ready to graduate from  college. For many months he
had admired a beautiful  sports car in a dealer's showroom, and knowing his
father could well afford it, he told him that was all he wanted.

As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that his father
had
purchased the car.

Finally, on the morning of his graduation, his father called him into his
private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine
son, and told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautiful
wrapped gift box. Curious, but somewhat Disappointed, the
young man opened the box  and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible, with the
young man's name embossed in gold.

Angrily, he  raised his voice to his father and said, "With all  your money
you give me a Bible? and stormed out of the house, leaving the Bible.

Many years passed and the young man was very  successful in business. He
had a beautiful home and  wonderful family, but realized his father was
very old, and thought perhaps he should go to him. He had  not seen him
since that graduation day. Before he  could make arrangements, he received
a telegram  telling him his father had passed away, and willed  all of his
possessions to his son. He needed to come  home immediately and take care
of things.

When he arrived at his father's house, sudden  sadness and regret filled
his heart. He began to  search through his father's important papers and
saw the still new Bible, just as he had left it years  ago. With tears, he
opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. His father had carefully
underlined a verse,

Matt 7:11,"And if ye, being evil know how to give good gifts to your
children, how much more shall your Heavenly father which is in heaven,
give  to those who ask Him?"

As he read those words, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It
had a tag  with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the  sports car
he had desired. On the tag was the date  of his graduation, and the
words...PAID IN FULL.

How many times do we miss God's blessings because  they are not packaged as
we expected? I trust you enjoyed this. Pass it on to others. Do not spoil
what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now
have was once among the things you only hoped for...

IF YOUR GIFT IS NOT PACKED THE WAY YOU WANT IT, IT'S  BECAUSE IT IS
BETTER PACKED THAT WAY! ALWAYS  APPRECIATE LITTLE THINGS; THEY USUALLY LEAD
YOU TO  ATTACHMENTS!

GOD BLESS.......

LINK/LINK2

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 04:57:05 am »
THE FERN & THE BAMBOO

One day I decided to quit...I quit my job, my relationship, my
spirituality... I wanted to quit my life. I went to the woods to
have one last talk with God. "God", I said. "Can you give me one
good reason not to quit?" His answer surprised me...

"Look around", He said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?"

"Yes", I replied

"When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good
care of them. I gave them light. I gave them water. The fern
quickly grew from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the
floor. Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I
did not quit on the bamboo. In the secondyear
the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful. And again, nothing came from
the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo." He said.
"In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed. But Iwould not quit. In year
four, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed. I would not
quit."He said.
"Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth.
Compared to the fern, it was seemingly small and
insignificant...But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over
100 feet tall. It had spent the five years growing roots. Those
roots made it strong and gave it what it needed
to survive. I would not give any of my creations a challenge it
could not handle." He said to me. "Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been
struggling, you have actually been growing roots?"

"I would not quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on you."

"Don't compare yourself to others." He said. "The bamboo had a
different purpose than the fern. Yet they both make the forest
beautiful."
"Your time will come", God said to me. "You will rise high"
"How high should I rise?" I asked.
"How high will the bamboo rise?" He asked in return.
"As high as it can?" I questioned
"Yes." Hesaid, "Give me glory by rising as high as you can."
I left the forest and brought back this story. I hope these words
can help you see that God will never give up on you. He will never

give up onyou. Never regret a day in your life. Good days give you

happiness; bad days give you experiences; both are essential to
life. GOD NEVER PROMISE! D A SMOOTH RIDE, JUST A SAFE LANDING.

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than
any wonder drug.

LINK/LINK2

zatarra

• The Legend
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 05:00:46 am »
The Debate: Faith in Science Versus Faith in GOD

The atheist professor of philosophy pauses before his class and then asks one of his new students to stand. He inquires, "You're a Christian, aren't you, son?"

"Yes sir," the student says.

"So you believe in God?"

"Absolutely."

"Is God good?"

"Sure! God's good."

"Is God all-powerful? Can God do anything?"

"Yes."

"Are you good or evil?"

"The Bible says I'm evil."

The professor grins knowingly. "Aha! The Bible!" He considers for a moment. "Here's one for you. Let's say there's a sick person over here and you can cure him. You can do it. Would you help him? Would you try?"

"Yes sir, I would."

"So you're good...!"

"I wouldn't say that."

The professor responds, "But why not say that? You'd help a sick and maimed person if you could. Most of us would if we could. But God doesn't."

The student does not answer, so the professor continues. "He doesn't, does he? My brother was a Christian who died of cancer, even though he prayed to Jesus to heal him. How is this Jesus good? Hmmm? Can you answer that one?"

The student remains silent.

"No, you can't, can you?" the professor says. He takes a sip of water from a glass on his desk to give the student time to relax. Then he continues, "Let's start again, young fella. Is God good?"

"Er...yes," the student says.

"Is Satan good?"

The student doesn't hesitate on this one. "No."

"Then where does Satan come from?"

The student falters. "From...God..."

"That's right. God made Satan, didn't he? Tell me, son. Is there evil in this world?"

"Yes, sir."

"Evil's everywhere, isn't it? And God did make everything, correct?"

"Yes."

"So who created evil?" The professor continued, "If God created everything, then God created evil, since evil exists, and according to the principle that our works define who we are, then God is evil."

Again, the student has no answer. "Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things, do they exist in this world?"

The student squirms on his feet. "Yes."

"So who created them?"

The student does not answer again, so the professor repeats his question. "Who created them? There is still no answer. Suddenly the lecturer breaks away to pace in front of the classroom. The class is mesmerized. "Tell me," he continues onto another student. "Do you believe in Jesus Christ, son?"

The second student's voice betrays him and cracks. "Yes, professor, I do."

The old man stops pacing. "Science says you have five senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Have you ever seen Jesus?"

"No sir. I've never seen Him."

"Then tell us if you've ever heard your Jesus?"

"No, sir, I have not."

"Have you ever felt your Jesus, tasted your Jesus or smelt your Jesus? Have you ever had any sensory perception of Jesus Christ, or God for that matter?"

"No, sir, I'm afraid I haven't."

"Yet you still believe in him?"

"Yes."

"According to the rules of empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your God doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?"

"Nothing," the second student replies. "I only have my faith."

"Yes, faith," the professor repeats. "And that is the problem science has with God. There is no evidence, only faith."

The student stands quietly for a moment, before asking a question of his own. "Professor, is there such thing as heat?"

"Yes," the professor replies. "There's heat."

"And is there such a thing as cold?"

"Yes, son, there's cold too."

"No sir, there isn't."

The professor turns to face the student, obviously interested. The room suddenly becomes very quiet. The student begins to explain. "You can have lots of heat, even more heat, super-heat, mega-heat, unlimited heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat, but we don't have anything called 'cold'. We can hit up to 458 degrees below zero, which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold; otherwise we would be able to go colder than the lowest -458 degrees. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-458 F) is the total absence of heat. You see, sir, cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat we can measure in thermal units because heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it."

Silence falls across the room. A pen drops somewhere in the classroom, sounding like a hammer.

"What about darkness, professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?"

"Yes," the professor replies without hesitation. "What is night if it isn't darkness?"

"You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is not something; it is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light, but if you have no light constantly you have nothing and it's called darkness, isn't it? That's the meaning we use to define the word. In reality, darkness isn't. If it were, you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?"

The professor begins to smile at the student in front of him. This will be a good semester. "So what point are you making, young man?"

"Yes, professor. My point is, your philosophical premise is flawed to start with, and so your conclusion must also be flawed."

The professor's face cannot hide his surprise this time. Flawed? Can you explain how?"

"You are working on the premise of duality," the second student explains. "You argue that there is life and then there's death; a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can't even explain a thought." "It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life, just the absence of it."

"Now tell me, professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?"

"If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, young man, yes, of course I do."

"Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?"

The professor begins to shake his head, still smiling, as he realizes where the argument is going. A very good semester, indeed.

"Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you now not a scientist, but a preacher?"

The class is in uproar. The student remains silent until the commotion has subsided.

"To continue the point you were making earlier to the other student let me give you an example of what I mean."

The student looks around the room. "Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the professor's brain?" The class breaks out into laughter. "Is there anyone here who has ever heard the professor's brain, felt the professor's brain, touched or smelt the professor's brain? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, with all due respect, sir. So if science says you have no brain, how can we trust your lectures, sir?"

Now the room is silent. The professor, his face unreadable, just stares at the student.

Finally, after what seems an eternity, the old man answers. "I guess you'll have to take them on faith."

"Now, you accept that there is faith, and, in fact, faith exists with life," the student continues. "Now, sir, is there such a thing as evil?"

Now uncertain, the professor responds, "Of course, there is. We see it everyday. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil."

To this the second student replied, "Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God.

God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

LINK/LINK2

qpinion

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 02:31:04 am »
your're right! Sometimes we're busy of doing anything, of achieving everthing but we forget GOD who made our lives more enriching and meaningful.

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
  • "do unto others what u want others do unto you."
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 03:45:37 am »
wow! very nice stories. got to send them to my firends..thanks!