Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: GOSPEL OF JUDAS  (Read 2819 times)

Gat J.P. Rizal

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
GOSPEL OF JUDAS
« on: April 10, 2006, 02:08:41 pm »
Another intriguing facts about the life of Jesus...

Christians teach that Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver, but in this gospel, he is the hero, Jesus' most senior and trusted disciple and the only one who knows Jesus' true identity as the son of God.

The manuscript claims that Jesus revealed "secret knowledge" to Judas and instructed him to turn Jesus over to Roman authorities.

In the gospel text, Judas is given private instruction by Jesus and is granted a vision of the divine that is denied to other disciples, who do not know that Jesus has requested his own betrayal. Rather than acting out of greed or malice, Judas is following orders when he leads soldiers to Jesus, the gospel says.

more info... http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/

King CARLOS I

• cules, im not....
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • -piR-
Re: GOSPEL OF JUDAS
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 03:39:43 pm »
ye...jus watched it last sunday night....ayus nga...

makes us wonder if judas was really bad...or was he just misunderstood....

lyk ung part na nagusap sila ni jesus....na judas admitted to jesus that he dreamt of him being stoned by tha apostles....na sha raw ung hated sa kanila....

na jesus said to him na fate nya raw un....na yun tlga role nya...na he shud hav the courage to follow watever he thinks is ryt...

hard to believe na sumtin lyk this exist....n shempre deny naman ang church bout it....na thers no nid to add it naman sa bible, coz ung gospels nila mark luke john is already enuf to know bout christ's history....

visca el barca!

Manny Nilip

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 05:19:11 pm »
do i smell conspiracy?........

nah...it might not be true anyway.

gerrysn

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 06:32:32 pm »
Judas did as Jesus asked ? 'gospel' reveals the other face of a traitor
By Dalya Alberge, Arts Correspondent APRIL 7 2006

FOR 2,000 years, his name has been synonymous with treachery and deceit, but Judas may finally have received some divine justice.
A papyrus manuscript discovered in the Egyptian desert was hailed yesterday as an authenticated copy of the lost Gospel of Judas ? revealing that, far from betraying Jesus, Judas Iscariot sacrificed himself for his master.

CLICK HERE FOR THE WHOLE ARTICLE

Judas did not betray Jesus, lost gospel claims
By Jenny Booth

An ancient manuscript written in Egypt in 300AD purports to show that Judas Iscariot was not the betrayer who sold Jesus to his enemies for 30 pieces of silver, as the bible says. 

The apocryphal account of the last days of Jesus's life portrays Judas as a loyal disciple, who followed Jesus's orders in handing him over to the authorities and thus allowed him to fulfil the biblical prophecies of saving mankind.

The fragile 31-page document, which has had a chequered history since it was discovered near Beni Masar in Egypt in the 1970s, was put on show for the first time this afternoon at the National Geographic Society in Washington, along with an English translation

HERE'S THE ARTICLE IN FULL

« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 06:38:05 pm by epoy »

mchelle lee

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 07:03:43 pm »
The document is authentic mga guys.  Pero the gospel of Judas was written a 100 years after the death of Jesus and not by Judas but by the Gnostics.  Very deceiving yung documentary sa National Geo...

ZR

• Your Servant
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Learn and Enjoy....
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 07:56:16 pm »
The document is authentic mga guys.  Pero the gospel of Judas was written a 100 years after the death of Jesus and not by Judas but by the Gnostics.  Very deceiving yung documentary sa National Geo...

the gnstcs..
are said to be a non-beliver of jesus christ... they only believe in one god....
jesus does not exist daw...

kruedenZ

• Carpe Diem! Seize the day!
  • Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -2
    • Journey24seven
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 11:29:12 pm »
Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon and the infamous apostle who betrayed Jesus. The Bible provides little direct information about the family and background of Judas. Both he and his father were called Iscariot. (Lu 6:16; Joh 6:71) This term has commonly been understood to indicate that they were from the Judean town of Kerioth-hezron. If this is so, then Judas was the only Judean among the 12 apostles, the rest being Galileans.

The Bible does not discuss in detail the motives for his corrupt course, but an incident that occurred on Nisan 9, 33 C.E., five days before Jesus? death, sheds light on the matter. At Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, Mary, Lazarus? sister, anointed Jesus with perfumed oil worth 300 denarii, about a year?s wages for a laborer. (Mt 20:2) Judas strongly objected that the oil could have been sold and the money ?given to the poor people.? Evidently other apostles merely assented to what seemed to be a valid point, but Jesus rebuked them. Judas? real reason for objecting was that he cared for the money box and he ?was a thief . . . and used to carry off the monies? put in the box. So Judas was a greedy, practicing thief.?Joh 12:2-7; Mt 26:6-12; Mr 14:3-8.

Betrayal Price. Judas was undoubtedly stung by Jesus? rebuke about the use of money. At this time ?Satan entered into Judas,? likely in the sense that the traitorous apostle gave himself in to the will of the Devil, allowing himself to be a tool to carry out Satan?s design to stop Christ. A few days later, on Nisan 12, Judas went to the chief priests and temple captains to see how much they would pay him to betray Jesus, again showing his avarice. (Mt 26:14-16; Mr 14:10, 11; Lu 22:3-6; Joh 13:2) The chief priests had that day met together with ?the older men of the people,? the influential men of the Sanhedrin. (Mt 26:3) The temple captains may have been brought in because of their influence and to lend legal flavor to any planned arrest of Jesus.

Thirty pieces of silver ($66, if shekels) was the price offered. (Mt 26:14, 15) The sum fixed by the religious leaders appears designed to show their contempt of Jesus, viewing him as of little value. According to Exodus 21:32, the price of a slave was 30 shekels. Consequently, in offering just 30 pieces of silver for Jesus, the religious leaders made him out to be of little value.

How did Judas die?

According to Matthew 27:5, Judas hanged himself. But Acts 1:18 says, ?pitching head foremost he noisily burst in his midst and all his intestines were poured out.? Matthew seems to deal with the mode of the attempted suicide, while Acts describes the result. Combining the two accounts, it appears that Judas tried to hang himself over some cliff, but the rope or tree limb broke so that he plunged down and burst open on the rocks below. The topography around Jerusalem makes such an event conceivable.

private orange

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 10:28:11 am »
basta ako di ako naniniwala. naku...signs of the times na ata ito...mga anti-christ!!! hala. matakot tayung lahat. pero, lam nyo, masama siya. kasi kung tutuusin pwede pa siya pumunta sa heaven, pwede pa siyang patawarin ni God. kaso hindi siya nagtiwala sa pagliligtas ni jesus. masama ang mawalan ng pag-asa. pasi pag dead ka na, wala na, wala ka ng magagagawa. pero on the philosophy side, may point din kung ang view sa life ay destiny, ibig sabihin, destined na siya gawin yun at wala na siya control na ibahin ang nasusulat. pero i am a believer that tayo pa din ang gumagawa ng choices, all knowing lang si God kaya alam niya ang mangyayari. kaya until di pa siya nagpapakamatay, malamang open pa ang doors ni Jesus sa kanya.peace!

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• can2terorist PARACETAMOD MEDJAKOL
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • Basta count to ten laang ng count to ten
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 12:15:59 pm »
There are things that satan launches his power to manipulate people's attention in many ways...with the fact that Judas is the traitor in which the BIBLE said...People again never to stop struggling to know the truth in which the truth found in the BIBLE...I doubt for that so called "the GOSPEL of JUDAS" I'm not BIBLE reader but i do believe in GOD"S word and in JESUS salvation in our sins...Just pray that no one in this community of good samaritan (ehemmm) may become Anti-christ or atheist (correct me if my spelling is wrong)...may the truth shall set us frree to know everthing with guidance of our lord..Amen!
Awake to righteousness,and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of GOD 1 corinthians 15:34

King CARLOS I

• cules, im not....
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • -piR-
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 12:40:16 pm »
wel...for me the gospel of judas doenst say anything that contradicts wat was sed  sa bible....

para sken, ang pinaka important na sinabi dito ay wen judas and jesus talkd in private, na sinabi ni jesus kay judas na alam na nya ang gagawin nya.....

im not saying that i beliv in the gospel of judas, but ther is nothin wrong para alamin sha....

visca el barca!

Ngek

• Pioneer
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 08:12:24 pm »
I missed the nat geo feature. sayang gusto ko sanang mapanood yun.  wonder ko lang. kung talagang utos ni Jesus yung pagtataksil nya and beyond his control, bakit pa nagsuicide si Judas? And y sell Jesus e pwede namang isumbong nya without taking any money? I think fictional writing lang talaga to ng mga taong gustong siraan ang mga kristiyano.  After all, christians were very much persecuted during the early times eapecially after Jesus died.  Besides who could have started and perpetuated Judas's story, e namatay nga sya after he betrayed Jesus.  The other gospels came from people who lived for sometime after Jesus died and was able spread and proclaim their stories of Jesus.  E yung kay Judas, sino naman ang may-alam ng kwento nya na magkakalat nito? This gospel of judas thing is going to make some noise for a while and is really interesting but i doubt it will make any impact on the faithful.  ok din ang timing ng nat geo ah. just before the holy week. talagang ginatasan nila ang controversy.

ZR

• Your Servant
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Learn and Enjoy....
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 08:26:05 pm »
may nabasa din ako about judas yung sinulat ni Rider ata yun....
na kawawa talaga...
di nya raw na intindihan bakit nya nagawa yun, at bakit sya ang napili para ganapin ang ganun.... after what he did nagsisi sya talaga... gulo raw ang isip nya kung tutulungan pa ba sya ng panginoon...
ang problema lang ehh sa sobrang sakit ehh naisipan nyang magpakamatay... gaya din ng ibang mahinang tao na mag bitay kung di na makaya ang sakit...

Gandalf the white

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -8
  • Oooooooooh yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 08:10:08 am »
Yup.  it was the Gnostics, the non-believers of Jesus Christ that wrote the Gospel of Judas.  Basically, this issue was opened again in conjunction with the upcoming showing of the movie the da vinci code to test our faith as christians.  be warned though, do not just take in all the infos you see and read as the truth, be very critical, be very observant, and be very objective.  For me, i will just take the national geographic program on the gospel of judas and the movie the da vinci code as they are, pure entertainment, nothing more nothing less.
Let's get it on!!!