Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: GMA's Proclamation and Marcos' Martial Law Proclamation  (Read 2552 times)

ServantGeneral (SG)

• GoldMember - GS1
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 53
  • Don't stop till you succeed!
  • Special Skills: testskills
GMA's Proclamation and Marcos' Martial Law Proclamation
« on: February 25, 2006, 09:28:02 pm »
SPOT THE DIFFERENCE:

---------------------

PROCLAMATION 1081
NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested upon me by Article VII, Section 10, Paragraph ('2) of the Constitution, do hereby place the entire Philippines as defined in Article I, Section 1 of the Constitution under martial law and, in my capacity as their commander-in-chief, do hereby command the armed forces of the Philippines, to maintain law and order throughout the Philippines, prevent or suppress all forms of lawless violence as well as any act of insurrection or rebellion and to enforce obedience to all the laws and decrees, orders and regulations promulgated by me personally or upon my direction.

--------------------

PROCLAMATION 1017
NOW, THEREFORE, I Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, President of the Republic of the Philippines and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested upon me by Section 18, Article 7 of the Philippine Constitution which states that: ? The President?whenever it becomes necessary,?may call out (the) armed forces to prevent or suppress?rebellion?, ? and in my capacity as their Commander-in-Chief, do hereby command the Armed Forces of the Philippines, to maintain law and order throughout the Philippines, prevent or suppress all forms of lawless violence as well any act of insurrection or rebellion and to enforce obedience to all the laws and to all decrees, orders and regulations promulgated by me personally or upon my direction; and as provided in Section 17, Article 12 of the Constitution do hereby declare a State of National Emergency.

---------------

Parang pareho ba?  ;D
I love Espiya.net. My grandma loves it too!

zugstwit

• Knights of PS
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
  • It only hurts when I laugh.
Re: GMA's Proclamation and Marcos' Martial Law Proclamation
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 09:46:48 pm »
zugstwit opines: "Wala naman pinagkaiba, content-wise. Guess they're making sulat guided by the dictum, don't  even think of re-inventing the wheel. Read that as 'if this situation is a fast-track way to consolidate power and impose control, why not?' managers just luv predictability, they then hate erratic behavior (but not erotic conduct!)." Peace ev'rybodie!" :-*
"It only hurts when I laugh."

TigerClaw

• "The Watcher"
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 12:30:53 am »
Pareho lang...ang pinagkaiba lang is medyo pinaganda ang kay GMA para di nmn magmukang "MARTIAL LAW"...pero un pa rin un...
Ang Tunay Na Matalino Ay Yung Hindi Lumalaki Ang Ulo At Ang Tunay Na Edukado Hindi Nanlalait Ng Ibang Tao.
Madaling Sabihin Pero Mahirap Gawin!

mark walliceberg

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -3
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 06:20:32 am »
Pasintabi po spydad pero im of d opinion na ang pagkakahawig o pagkakaiba ng PP 1081 at saka PP 1017 ay is beyond the wordings po.

Una, iba ang constitution na pinagbatayan ng dalawang proclaimation although there are similarities on the reasons cited by both.

Pangalawa, given the seemingly benign nature of PP 1017 compared to the sweeping powers being endowed by PP 1081 to then President Marcos. It is safe to presume that PGMA is trying to do the Mahathir trick rather than the Marcos "slam-bam-thank-you-ma'am" kamay na bakal posturing.

Why do I say this? With her control over Congress, PGMA certainly has the numbers to railroad  a congressional approval for a martial law declaration from congress. What is stopping her and tito JDV  from going all-out is their trepidation over stirring public opinion into confirming the opposition's accusations that PGMA and her lackeys in congress are power hungry.

So, with a martial law declaration being out of the question....she will have to opt for the next best thing....and that is PP 1017. Because if all that she wants is getting those who oppose her out of the way. PP 1017 is the legit and more palatable way of silencing the opposition. What PGMA  does with the powers implied under the constitution which underlies PP 1017 and the extent she will exercise them will be determined by the level of resistence PP 1017 will face in the next few days or weeks. The arrests of Randy David, Crispin Beltran atbp and the raid on the Daily Tribune were timed and calibrated to measure the opposition's and the public's reaction. In short, they are using "trial balloons" to test the waters wika nga.

This was exactly the strategy used by former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamed in setting-off the events that eventually led to the arrest, imprisonment and the political demise of his erstwhile protege Anwar Ibrahim.

He started off by tickling public opinion with an investigating  Anwar's alleged moral decadence (sodomy and cooruption)  and by increasingly tightening the noose on any supporter Anwar may have either in the government or in the private sector. He banked on his track record of making Malaysia into a certified tiger economy and much like the American voters during the re-election bid of George W. Bush, the Malaysian public responded by choosing not to change horses in  the middle of the ball game.

In Mahathir's case he had his impressive track record to  bank on against a possible adverse public opinion in his campaign to dislodge Anwar Ibrahim from a position of political strength, plus the general tendency of the Malaysians to be politically docile.

In PGMA's case, Im afraid she neither has the impressive track record to ease a much possible PR backlash nor are docile body politic.

Frankly, I dont see PGMA winning the war for public opinion if the opposition plays their card right.

Nye,he,he,he.............ubos na laway ko....lawit na dila ko(",)

PEACE PO SA LAHAT!!!!!!!!!

mark walliceberg

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -3
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 06:36:54 am »
 ;D sa mga nakukulitan sa post ko dito sa mga thread sa Sosyo-pulitika, mga spy bro at sis and the mods........pasensya na po at medyo napapahaba ang mga post ko dito!!!

Haay.......tao lang po ;) naka-negative two na kasi ako sa karma eh!!!

Sorry po ulit!!! ;D

ZR

• Your Servant
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Learn and Enjoy....
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 09:32:03 am »
we know iniiwasan ni GMA ang term Na martial law... heheheh... hahanapan nya ng butas yan SD.. im not pro GMA or Anti.. pro hirap talaga kalabanin ang admin...