Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Superiority Complex  (Read 5450 times)

etong

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 22
Superiority Complex
« on: April 22, 2016, 09:49:33 pm »
A superiority complex is a psychological disorder in which the affected individual experiences an exaggerated feeling of self-importance. He or she feels superior to other people and displays a general disregard for the thoughts of others. Individuals with a superiority complex often exhibit a sense of grandiosity. They typically maintain a feeling that they are better or more important than other people, and often fail to take the opinions or desires of others seriously. This disorder may also be referred to as narcissism or megalomania.

Traits of someone with a superiority complex include haughtiness, a lack of empathy, and a tendency to brag. Individuals with a narcissistic personality often have a difficult time maintaining close relationships. They exhibit an intense reaction to anything that is perceived as an insult. Someone with a superiority complex flatters those who give him or her admiral acknowledgment, but despise anyone who does not display admiration. The individual often claims to be an expert in a number of areas and pretends to be more than he or she is.

A superiority complex is generally the result of an underlying inferiority complex. The individual likely feels inadequate or unimportant in some way and attempts to compensate for this with an illusory superiority and egotism. If there is no underlying inferiority complex, the individual may have received such praise and admiration as a child that feelings of superiority carried over into adulthood. Other possible causes of a superiority complex include emotional abuse, excessive criticism, and overindulgence from parents.

Individuals with superiority complexes will often interrupt people and generally have no regard for what others have to say. They tend to bring conversations around to themselves in a discussion, and frequently use the words “I,” “me,” and “my.” Those with a narcissistic personality believe that the rules do not apply to them and will often defy authority. People affected with this psychological condition will often use or manipulate others with no regard to their feelings.

It is important to distinguish between a superiority complex and a healthy sense of self-worth. Those who have a high confidence level in themselves may be inaccurately described as narcissistic or as having a sense of superiority. Those who simply have confidence in their abilities do not generally exhibit a complete disregard for others or a lack of empathy. While these individuals may claim to be an expert or highly skilled in certain areas, they are fully aware that they are not superior to others. Those with superiority complexes generally feel they are superior in all ways.

Source: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-superiority-complex.htm

How do you deal with them??

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
Re: Superiority Complex
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 11:00:43 am »
i generally ride with the flow... until i can find a way to leave... :)

JiangCai

• Only the shallow know themselves.
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 58
  • Amo a las mujeres
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 01:35:31 pm »

There's a certain asian ethnicity which have that trait and thinks they're special  smoking::
Brave and bold but too weak and dissent to accept of their flaws  toast::
        Show respect to all people, but grovel to none.

etong

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 22
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 10:07:41 am »
There's a certain asian ethnicity which have that trait and thinks they're special  smoking::
Brave and bold but too weak and dissent to accept of their flaws  toast::

^agree ako dyan

May nagpopost na naman kasi uli na nagmamarunong at nagmamataas dito, in-up ko lang para ma-aware lahat. Pano kaya pakikitunguhan yung ganun?

Ambaba lang siguro ng tolerance ko, hindi ko maisip o majustify pano siya nakakapagpost ng panghahamak at pangmamaliit na para bang casual lang...

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 10:19:19 am »
^agree ako dyan

May nagpopost na naman kasi uli na nagmamarunong at nagmamataas dito, in-up ko lang para ma-aware lahat. Pano kaya pakikitunguhan yung ganun?

Ambaba lang siguro ng tolerance ko, hindi ko maisip o majustify pano siya nakakapagpost ng panghahamak at pangmamaliit na para bang casual lang...

let's just say that is his personality... it's spontaneous for the person... i understand how you feel sir, but sometimes we just have to acknowledge that we are all different in so many ways and we have to learn to live with other's attitudes...

lawrencium

• oh enzemeng fereen ekew eng tengeng dehelen oh baby♫
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 116
  • oh enzemeng fereen ekew eng tengeng dehelen oh♫
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 06:17:02 pm »
alam mo etong, yang low tolerance mo at yang inherent propensity mong maging repulsive pag threatened ka sa isang tao ay isang disorder rin ayon sa DSM standards,meron kasing mga taong enthusiastic lang at namimisinterpet yon ng tao, kaya nga merong mga taong successful say financially or in terms of their respective endeavors despite being hated, kailangan mong ipakita mga flaws mo para ma perpetuate mo yung distinct persona mo.alam mo some people, despite knowing na kinamumuhian sila ng mga tao, they refuse to change because they respect that persona na matagal na nilang kasama lalo na nun maliliit na tao palang sila, they rather be hated for who they are than to be loved for somethin they're not.

Makaldz

• Anubis Warrior
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 49
  • Pax et Bonum
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 08:35:23 pm »
let's just say that is his personality... it's spontaneous for the person... i understand how you feel sir, but sometimes we just have to acknowledge that we are all different in so many ways and we have to learn to live with other's attitudes...

I agree with you, personality na din yan ng tao. Personality na na-mold during his formative years. Instead of hating the person, I think it's better to ignore him nalang and pity him. Di kasi natin alam kung ano ang nangyari sa kanya nung bata pa siya, baka victim rin siya sa pagmamaliit ng ibang tao kaya ngayon gusto nyang i-feel na superior siya para di na niya maranasan ang feeling nung panahon na minamaliit siya. Let's just pity him dahil wala na siyang ibang alam na gawin upang ma-confront ang past issues niya na hindi pa na resolve.