Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: From AlDub to Roxas to Binay to Poe: The Child Rapist Romeo Jalosjos  (Read 5194 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..

THE THINKING PINOY·FRIDAY, APRIL 22, 2016

My  blood curdled the first time I saw that viral Duterte rape joke video. A  rape joke is a bad joke. There’s no defending it, even if he said it in  1989 out of “utter anger” at the rapists [GMA]. The best thing Duterte could do is apologize and hope that Filipinos will forgive him. But there’s a catch...

Duterte  said yesterday, “I apologize to the Filipino people for my recent  remarks in a rally. There was no intention of disrespecting our women  and those who have been victims of this horrible crime. Sometimes my  mouth can get the better of me. [CNN]"

Alright,  he did say sorry. However, the fact remains that that candid statement  has opened a lot of emotional wounds among rape victims and their loved  ones.
But the question stands: Will this faux pas have  severe ramifications  on his presidential bid? Give it a week or so and  we’ll see.  Regardless, his three presidentiables opponents were quick  to milk this  incident for all it’s worth.

Well, Lolo Digong, c’est la vie. That’s life. Suck it up.

Condemnation from Rivals

Three presidential candidates – Mar Roxas, Jejomar Binay, and Grace Poe – swiftly condemned Duterte’s gaffe [Rappler].

• Poe said, “It is distasteful and unacceptable, and reflects his disrespect for women.”
  • Roxas said, “Rape is a serious problem… Women have rights, they should not be played with.”
  • Binay said, “Mister Duterte, don't you have a mother? Don't you have a daughter?”

All these three statements are right. They are  philosophically indisputable. There’s no going around it. Poe even went  as far as releasing a political ad to get more political mileage.
 “Bakit tayong mga babae binabastos, binabalewala, minamaliit, hinihiya?” Poe said in the ad [Inquirer].

Then I saw AlDub

I was still sorely disappointed at Duterte. Just look at how I fumed in my previous article. To cool my head off, I decided to watch TV.
I turned the TV on and saw one of those AlDub commercials for McDonald's.
...then I remembered that they became famous through the noontime show “Eat Bulaga!”[Inquirer]...
...then I remembered that TAPE Inc. produces that show [Inquirer]...
...then I remembered that the rapist Romeo Jalosjos owns TAPE Inc [Philstar]...

Yes, the convicted child rapist Zamboangeño congressman Romeo Jalosjos.

Natutuwa ako sa Aldub. Nagkataon lang na sila ang naging trigger ng pagkaka-alala ko kay Jalosjos. Wala silang kasalanan dito.

My blood that was already curdling instantly turned into cheese.

Let me tell you why.

Convicted child rapist Romeo Jalosjos

But first, let's ask...

Who exactly is Romeo Jalosjos?

CONGRESSMAN GUILTY OF RAPING GIRL GETS 2 LIFE TERMS (AP)

Romeo  Jalosjos was accused of raping an 11-year-old girl in 1996. A year  later, the Makati RTC found him guilty of two counts of statutory rape  and six counts of acts of lasciviousness. He brought his case before the  Supreme Court, but it affirmed his conviction in 2001 and 2002 [GMA]. 

"...In  the evening of June 14, 1996...in Room No. 1702, Ritz Towers, Makati  City... [Jalosjos] did kiss, caress and fondle [the 11-year-old girl's]  face, lips, neck, breasts, whole body, and vagina, suck her nipples and  insert his finger and then his tongue into her vagina, place himself on  top of her, then insert his penis in between her thighs until  ejaculation, and other similar lascivious conduct against her will, to  her damage and prejudice. [Supreme Court G.R. Nos. 132875-76. November 16, 2001]"

alosjos was sent to Bilibid to serve a life sentence (minimum of 30 years per reclusion perpetua)  for each count of rape (2 counts), and reclusion temporal (minimum 12  years each) for each count of acts of lasciviousness (6 counts). [SC G.R. Nos. 132875-76]

30 + 30 + 12 + 12 + 12 + 12 + 12 + 12 = 132 years

All in all, the Supreme Court sentenced Jalosjos to a minimum of 132 years of imprisonment.

From 132 years, down to 11

Upon DOJ’s recommendation, former  President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (PGMA) commuted Jalosjos' sentence in  2007 to 16 years “for good behavior”. With additional sentence  reductions, he was freed on 19 March 2009 after serving only 11 years in  prison for raping a child TWICE and further molesting her SIX MORE  TIMES. [Philstar]

However,  records show that while in prison, the DOJ’s Bureau of Corrections  allowed Jalosjos to build various structures in the maximum security  compound, such as a tennis court, a playground, a basketball court, a  bakery and his own kubol (cubicle or cottage). He also put up another  bakery near the gate of Katarungan Village, a private subdivision where  he stayed for several months before his actual release from prison [Inquirer].

Yes,  he was one of those who turned Bilibid into a gangster’s paradise, let  alone the fact that he resided OUTSIDE the penitentiary before his  release.
Now, you’re probably asking the question: “So what?”

Mar Roxas and the Rapist Jalosjos

At this point, Malacañang’s  preferential treatment for Jalosjos is undeniable. How can someone who  practically turned Bilibid into a Resort and Spa be released so soon?

Liberal Party Senator Kiko Pangilinan criticized Malacañang on 20 March 2009, or a day after the rapist’s release.

Pangilinan  said, “Lumalabas tuloy na kung sino ang mayayaman at may impluwensiya  sa lipunan ang siyang mabilis na nakalalaya sa kulungan (It appears that  only the society’s rich and powerful get to be released in jail fast.” [GMA]

In  response, then-Senator Mar Roxas said, “Lahat ng bilanggo dapat lamang  na bigyan ng pagkakataon na makapag-bagong buhay. At hindi dapat  pagkaitan ng hustisya kung karapat-dapat na makapagbagong-buhay.” [GMA]

But  something doesn’t add up. Roxas was part of the Arroyo cabinet from  2001 to 2003. He resigned as DTI Secretary only because he won a seat in  the Senate, but his ties with the PGMA administration did not cease [Philstar].

Roxas in a light moment with Pangilinan. Parang wala lang?

Mar Roxas knew what really happened.

Mar Roxas has never criticized Jalosjos for being a rapist.

Why?  Because Roxas was too busy preparing for a potential 2010 presidential  bid to bother clashing with the Jalosjos Political Clan of Zamboanga [TP: Wikileaks].  Cory Aquino was still alive at that time of Jalosjos' release (Cory  died in September 2009), so Noynoy still wasn't a viable candidate at  that point. That is, Roxas was still the Liberal Party's presidential  contender.

Condoning rape for political convenience. That is what it is.

Roxas  had 2 years in the Arroyo Cabinet while Jalosjos -- convicted in a  nationally-televised, high-profile case -- was languishing in jail. He could not have known nothing.

Was this his rehearsal for the Mamasapano Alibi?

Daang Matuwid Era: Jalosjos is “Higher than Angels”

It gets worse.

A year later in 2010, Arroyo left and “Daang Matuwid” took over Malacañang.

Speaking  with reporters in 2011, Romeo Jalosjos, the child rapist, defended the  VIP treatment of wealthy convicts, saying the it has been practiced  since “since time immemorial.”

“As in any place on  earth and in heaven, [prisoners] are not all the same. There are angels,  and there are [those] higher than angels,” he said [Inquirer].

To  add further insult to the justice system, then-DOJ Secretary Leila De  Lima said she was considering including Jalosjos in the technical  working group that will discuss needed reforms at the penitentiary.

Two years later in 2013, a Discovery Channel documentary showed nothing has changed, as shown below:

VIDEO: DISCOVERY CHANNEL (2013) -  GANG LEADERS RUN BILIBID, RUB ELBOWS WITH PNOY, DE LIMA; LINK: https://www.facebook.com/TheThinkingPinoy/videos/601579693322471/

Jojo Binay and the Rapist Jalosjos

Arroyo,  supported by her then-ally Mar Roxas, effectively pardoned  Jalosjos by  commuting Jalosjos’ sentence. However, Roxas and Arroyo  parted ways in  2010 as the nation was swept by the pro-Yellow sentiment  arising from  Cory Aquino’s death.

However, Jalosjos’ loyalty is for Arroyo, who belongs to the opposition   party United Nationalists’ Alliance (UNA). Vice-president Jejomar  Binay  heads UNA, and Jalosjos served as the party’s figurehead in  Zamboanga [Verafiles].

Jalosjos supported Binay's vice presidential bid in 2010

Binay never criticized the rapist Jalosjos. Ever.

Condoning rape for political convenience, that is what it is.

After all, Jalosjos’ Zamboanga-based “Alliance of Parties for Progress”, mostly  containing Jalosjos political dynasts, also pledged its support for  Binay’s 2016 presidential bid [Rappler].

That is, until Jalosjos jumped ship.

Grace Poe and the Rapist Jalosjos

Poe and Escudero in the latter's VP declaration in Club Filipino.

Those  who know Jalosjos' atrocities were shocked at discovering him in the  audience of Chiz  Escudero’s vice-presidential declaration in the posh  Club Filipino on 17  September 2015. The rapist basically ditched Binay  for Poe.

Boom! There he is.

"Since we hold majority of the elected officials in  the province, we can use that clout to ensure that the tandem Grace and  Chiz will definitely win in Zamboanga del Norte," Jalosjos said [CNN].

Jalosjos’  support for Poe isn’t new. While he supported Binay in his 2010 VP bid,  he also supported Poe and Escudero in the 2013 senatorial elections.

Asked  why he decided to support Poe instead of Binay, Jalosjos said, "[Binay]  was in Dipolog and I talked to him. He asked for my support and I told  him I cannot [support him].”

Jalosjos added, ”I cannot  turn my back on Grace, her family is very close to us, the father FPJ  (Fernando Poe Jr.), mother Susan, and Grace herself. I will be a traitor  if I turn my back on her. [GMA]"

Has Grace criticized Jalosjos for actually raping a child? No.

Condoning rape for political convenience, that is what it is.

Rape Joke versus Real Rape

Alright, it’s time to put things back into perspective.

What Duterte said was wrong – it’s just plain wrong. However, as with any electoral decision, it’s time to ask this question: 

“With that unfortunate development, who is the least evil among the four candidates?”
[/i]

Duterte demonstrated callous language on a rape-hostage victim, but he  actually risked his life to save her and her companions [MindaNews].

Meanwhile, Roxas, Binay, and Poe use very politically correct language  when talking about rape, but here they are, coddling an actual rapist –  and a child rapist at that.

I am angry at Duterte for joking about rape, but I am angrier at the other three.

Why?  Because Roxas', Binay's, and Poe's double standards show that they only  feign sympathy for rape victims and their families, that their  condemnations are but classic cases of political opportunism.

Roxas, Binay, and Poe, condoned child rape for political convenience.

Yes, there is no perfect presidential candidate. At the end of the day, it's about choosing the least evil among the four.

On this rape issue, we are faced with two disgusting choices:

• One foul-mouthed guy who tried to save a rape victim.
  • Three sweet-talkers who coddle a child rapist.

The choice is yours to make.

As for ThinkingPinoy, this is what I have to say:

We’ve already had too many good speakers who do evil. I believe it’s time for a bad speaker to good.

UPDATE: Miriam supporters are complaining why I didn't mention her in this article. I didn't mention her for three reasons:

• She didn't claim to be on higher moral ground than Duterte.
  • She has little to do with the Jalosjos case.
  • She's got her own skeletons in the closet.
However,  after insistent public demand and allegations of bias, I decided to  release an article that focuses exactly on Senator Miriam  Defensor-Santiago.

dweizz

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 15
Re: From AlDub to Roxas to Binay to Poe: The Child Rapist Romeo Jalosjos
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 08:57:30 am »
wahaha... si poe pa talaga... kung sino pa babae... akala ko convicted plunderer lang supporter niya... meron din palang convicted rapist wahaha... only in the philippines...

kultura kasi ng mga botante, words over actions...

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 09:10:04 am »
i think it's more of who can help you win the election...

ogamer104

• Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 18
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 09:15:53 am »

GMA and Revillas.

Ano naman ang mangyayari sa kanila if Duterte wins.

weng151515

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 58
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 10:17:24 am »
Yes choosing the least evil will be grace poe..whatever angle you look at it, a rapist supporting any canditdate doesnt make a candidate supporting a rapist, the most  evil of course goes to duterte because he kill, whatever angle again you look at it he kills, he support rape as what he says so..dapat mauna sys beng a mayor in that rape issue, yes he says sorry still he done it already and who knows pag nanalo sya he rapes and kullore being his fantasy to rape..as what he said again dapat mauna sya..so bottommline as president ilan kaya ang ire rape nya..so who is the lesser evil now..your choice...

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 11:13:10 am »
Buti pa si MDS walang rape baggage.

subicboy

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 19
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 11:58:19 am »
naisip pa na ilan ang mararape ni Duterte pag naging presidente sya? Pwede sya mangrape nung mayor, congressman at vice mayor sya o kahit nung piskal sya. Pero ginawa nya ba? Nakafocus tayo sa joke pero napansin nyo ba na ilang oras nalagay sa alanganin ang buhay nya pra sa mga nahostage?

Ang totoo kahit sinong lalaki(o babae) pwede mangrape kahit hindi nagjoke ng katulad kay Duterte. Nasa tao na yan e.

@ogamer

Iiral ang batas sa ilalim ng pamumuno nya, nasa judiciary na yan kung papakawalan nila si Revilla, Estrada at GMA. Iaayon nila ang desisyon sa ebidensya. Kung ayon sa kanila kulang ang ebidensya e di laya yang mga buwaya na yan. Si Pnoy nga na halatang galit sa mga yan di mabulungan ang judiciary na patawan na ng sentensya ang mga yan AGAD. Siya ang nagluklok ng madaming justices kasama na si Sereno ang chief justice.

dweizz

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 15
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 01:00:25 pm »
Yes choosing the least evil will be grace poe..whatever angle you look at it, a rapist supporting any canditdate doesnt make a candidate supporting a rapist, the most  evil of course goes to duterte because he kill, whatever angle again you look at it he kills, he support rape as what he says so..dapat mauna sys beng a mayor in that rape issue, yes he says sorry still he done it already and who knows pag nanalo sya he rapes and kullore being his fantasy to rape..as what he said again dapat mauna sya..so bottommline as president ilan kaya ang ire rape nya..so who is the lesser evil now..your choice...

my angle is this... one candidate denounce corruption/rape but surround herself with plunderer and rapist...
another candidate made a rapist remark but afterward kills actual rapists...
thats a no-brainer to me... actions over words anytime

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 01:57:34 pm »
i just hope all those faith is in the right direction... the country needs a strongman, yes, i agree with that... but i do hope brains will still prevail over brute force...

ogamer104

• Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 18
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 09:15:33 pm »
naisip pa na ilan ang mararape ni Duterte pag naging presidente sya? Pwede sya mangrape nung mayor, congressman at vice mayor sya o kahit nung piskal sya. Pero ginawa nya ba? Nakafocus tayo sa joke pero napansin nyo ba na ilang oras nalagay sa alanganin ang buhay nya pra sa mga nahostage?

Ang totoo kahit sinong lalaki(o babae) pwede mangrape kahit hindi nagjoke ng katulad kay Duterte. Nasa tao na yan e.

@ogamer

Iiral ang batas sa ilalim ng pamumuno nya, nasa judiciary na yan kung papakawalan nila si Revilla, Estrada at GMA. Iaayon nila ang desisyon sa ebidensya. Kung ayon sa kanila kulang ang ebidensya e di laya yang mga buwaya na yan. Si Pnoy nga na halatang galit sa mga yan di mabulungan ang judiciary na patawan na ng sentensya ang mga yan AGAD. Siya ang nagluklok ng madaming justices kasama na si Sereno ang chief justice.

then ,why is your buddy here ,when jalosjos got pardoned?hindi ba naayon sa batas?
Your duterte also said that he would be free,through presidential pardons,police officers CONVICTED of killing SUSPECTS. ok ano,na convict na pero palalayain din.

Ang npa,who kills,steals and murders.may pardon din?
imho ,jalosjos should have rot in jail,i agree with that.But pls dont tell you idol doesnt practice double standards.Hindi rin siya pantay humatol.

rodeo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 21
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 04:00:35 am »
the question is ang convicted ba hindi na pwedeng magbagong buhay? nang rape si jalosjos pero nakulong na siya sa kaso niyang ito.

We are condeming yun taon nagkasala na para bang hindi na siya pwedeng magbago o nagbago to think na naparusahan na siya.  Kaya pati mga sinusuportahan niya tingin natin rapist na rin?

Pangit nga naman na isipin na ang suporter mo is dating rapist pero mas pangit ata na hindi bigyan ng pagkakataon ang mga taong gustong magbago. Atleast ito nagdusa na sa kulungan. Yun iba nga diyan nagthreat pa na papatay at tuwang tuwang ang karamihan...

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 11:10:00 am »
the question is ang convicted ba hindi na pwedeng magbagong buhay? nang rape si jalosjos pero nakulong na siya sa kaso niyang ito.

We are condeming yun taon nagkasala na para bang hindi na siya pwedeng magbago o nagbago to think na naparusahan na siya.  Kaya pati mga sinusuportahan niya tingin natin rapist na rin?

Pangit nga naman na isipin na ang suporter mo is dating rapist pero mas pangit ata na hindi bigyan ng pagkakataon ang mga taong gustong magbago. Atleast ito nagdusa na sa kulungan. Yun iba nga diyan nagthreat pa na papatay at tuwang tuwang ang karamihan...

well said... i hope we don't practice double standards here...

tiberionx

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 29
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 11:29:05 am »

However,  records show that while in prison, the DOJ’s Bureau of Corrections  allowed Jalosjos to build various structures in the maximum security  compound, such as a tennis court, a playground, a basketball court, a  bakery and his own kubol (cubicle or cottage). He also put up another  bakery near the gate of Katarungan Village, a private subdivision where  he stayed for several months before his actual release from prison [Inquirer].

Yes,  he was one of those who turned Bilibid into a gangster’s paradise, let  alone the fact that he resided OUTSIDE the penitentiary before his  release.
Now, you’re probably asking the question: “So what?”

Kawawa naman si Jalosjos at nagdusa sa loob ng kulungan

marskingdom20

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 16
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 11:51:40 am »
REDACTED
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:57:46 am by bodieph »
a7x dutertard na, bisakol pa

burnhito

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 52
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2016, 02:05:17 am »
read the article from the blog itself...  aside from the business (TAPE Inc. ownership)connection, I have not found any other associations from the referred actors.

The article is mainly political motivated and used the popularity of the entertainers just to bait citizens from reading the article. Fogging out the recent rape joke of Duterte, by linking other candidates to the convicted child rapist.

Don't get me wrong, I strongly agree that all rapist and child molesters should be punish by cutting their member publicly. Anyway, I find it amusing that some Duterte supporters are in panic mode regarding Duterte's rape joke. While the person concerned is just chilling the issue out. The man is standing his ground from any consequence of his action, that's conviction, principle and strong will being showed. Duterte's supporters should do the same, not making up excuses, scapegoats or distractions by involving other people just to blur out the issue.

And Im having my own research for my presidential choice, its between Duterte, Santiago and Poe.

PS
joke is a joke, there's no such thing as jokes are half meant, half truth. I look it up in dictionary, but could'nt find that definition for a joke. But a good joke is composed of punchline and TIMING. HAHAHA...
If Only Close Minds Came With Close Mouth