Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: No Birthday Party For Duterte..  (Read 1225 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
No Birthday Party For Duterte..
« on: March 28, 2016, 06:24:57 am »

Instead of throwing a lavish party for his family and friends, the birthday boy chose to stay at home to rest.

On this 71st birthday, Presidential candidate and Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte stayed away from the eyes of the public and opted to spend his special day privately, with his family.

Christopher 'Bong' Go, Duterte's executive assistant and sortie manager, confirmed that Duterte spent his day at home.

"There is no party and that has always been his way of celebrating his birthday," said Go. "Today, he is at home, resting."

Go said Duterte is relishing private moments and rest days as a needed break from the tight campaign schedule. He said Duterte is preparing for the battle ahead, with the campaign period closely approaching its final stretch.

In a recent interview, Duterte also told journalists he would spend the whole of his birthday sleeping.

"I will just be at home, sleeping. That has always been my celebration," he said.

On Sunday, during a service offered for him by Pastor Apollo Quiboloy, Duterte said his only wish is for "things to improve in my country."

"In the Philippines, we always pray for food," he said. "I pray God will provide food for the poor."

He also prayed for the sick.

"Let us remember the sick. I wish we all have better lives," he said.

On Instagram, Duterte's daughter Inday Sara Duterte-Carpio posted a photo of her father and her son, Stingray. The boy will celebrate his 3rd birthday today (Tuesday).

"#HappyBirthday Digong and Stingray. I wish you good health," she said.

The caption also talked about the celebrators' Zodiac sign -- Aries.

"Aries men are the boss. An Aries tends to be very competitive, but unlike some signs also has a strong sense of fair play - he wants to win for himself; to prove to the world he could do it - and isn't interested in deceit or cheating. He hates to be bossed around, or feel trapped," the caption read.

In Maasin City, Southern Leyte a week before his birthday, Duterte's supporters surprised him with a birthday song at the end of his sortie. They also gave him two birthday cakes.

Maasin is Duterte's birthplace.

On Tuesday, Duterte will once again hit the campaign track as he is set to travel to Abra and Quezon.

| PR
| Photo from Inday Sara Duterte Instagram account

https://www.facebook.com/BalitaFM/photos/a.1416894818558946.1073741828.1413089048939523/1700361006878991/?type=3&theater

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
Re: No Birthday Party For Duterte..
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 01:20:35 pm »
i admire his simplicity... hope he enjoyed the time with his family since he won't be getting more of that in the coming years once he gets elected...