Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Compare Iloilo with Davao  (Read 7135 times)

TobleRONe

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 123
Compare Iloilo with Davao
« on: December 12, 2015, 06:42:40 am »
By Winnie Monsod:

MY ATTENTION was caught this week by a half-page ad in this newspaper, titled “Iloilo City: Safe and livable.” It was apparently paid for by the city mayor, Jed Mabilog (who succeeded Jerry Treñas, who had a very good reputation). I read it with a comparison with Davao City in the back of my mind, and the question: Is it necessary to be a human rights violator, a Dirty Harry, in order to bring peace and order to a city?

Read full article here

But of course si Winnie nagsulat na bias at clear supproter ni Roxas  ;D
But she has a point.

DARUHON

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 22
Re: Compare Iloilo with Davao
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 07:32:22 am »
see Human Rights Violator seems to vague it should proven in Court that indeed he is a violator... on the second Davao City is the largest City in terms of area so what ever in iloilo differ and by the before i forgot Davao is surrounded by neighboring province which has a usual armed conflicts so its very diff. i dont know with iloilo if it would be surrounded with that kind provinces if it can handle that when other side is the NPA area the other one is on the MNLF/MILF/ABU SAYYAF area...just me

liquid metal

• Liquid Metal
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 25
  • ya need some of the good old ultra-violence eh?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 08:08:07 am »
I'm from Iloilo and I agree with Monsod's article. If Monsod's references are to be believed, it is relatively safe here in Iloilo, as long as you know where to walk. Here in Iloilo, we don't have warlords and private armies. We do have a fair share of "Nice People Around" and those that align with the left, but they keep their business in their own side of the fence. However, Iloilo is also faced with problems just like any other cities; traffic, drugs, corruption and everything in between.

I must admit, I'm slightly inclined towards Duterte on this presidential race but election is still several months away so there is still a lot of time to think and decide who to vote. Duterte's brand of politics is brash, medieval and knocks on the border of tyranny. It is dark and scary but at the same time optimistic. I respect him for his conviction and the will to help the common people, even if it means breaking the law. This man is willing to shake hands with the Devil if it can uplift the lives of the ordinary citizen. So far, I have not seen the same kind of dedication with other presidential hopefuls whose candidacies are marred with blatant corruption and inefficiency.

The only thing that keeps me from going 100% on Duterte is his unrepentant desecration of the due process and rule of law, which stands as a bitter irony for a lawyer like him. Yes, criminals are bad and they ought to be punished but at least give them a trial. If only he can push his political mechanism towards a more humane perspective.

"this world is the last bastion of HEAVEN before the gates of the BURNING HELL"

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 12:09:31 pm »
duterte has his own style which borders somewhat on human rights... however, we have tried all kinds of presidents, from the intelligent one, to a military one etc... for me, as long as he can check that sometimes brash thinking of his, i think there is a chance he might succeed.. just keep things in line most of the time...

2009hondaXr200

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 05:53:46 am »
im from guimaras. 15 minutes boat ride lng sa iloilo city. maganda takbo ng business ngayon sa iloilo city. ang problema lng talaga druga.. ang drug lord hindi dinadakip kahit gabi-gabi binabanatan ng local radio station sa iloilo. kc ang sabi kaibigan da ni mayor.

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 08:02:04 am »
im from guimaras. 15 minutes boat ride lng sa iloilo city. maganda takbo ng business ngayon sa iloilo city. ang problema lng talaga druga.. ang drug lord hindi dinadakip kahit gabi-gabi binabanatan ng local radio station sa iloilo. kc ang sabi kaibigan da ni mayor.

"dinadakip"  baka hinuhuli bro... 

30Million kaya ang tulong ni Odicta (Notorious drug dealer) during the election

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 08:58:17 am »
in our countries culture

using statistics to measure safety and crime prevention is quite a delusion

kahit maganda performance is not directly proportional that is safe and livable

yung mga drugs lords nahuli sila and yet they have a hotel like jails where starlets, guns, and gadgets can enter and they can use it as a diversion sa business nila hindi porket nakakulong ang mga yan e tigil na operation they can operate it and operate it efficiently

back to Davao
davao can be found in Mindanao where terrorist and armed groups reside na wala sa Iloilo
if we from luzon value cars, properties in mindanao they value guns na wala sa Iloilo
In mindanao they have a customs and tradition called ubusan ng lahi or Jido na wala sa Iloilo

Duterte was doing there best to make their city  livable to this hostile part of the Philippines malaki pa po ang davao almost 100 barangays equivalent of 2 provinces and using his disposition and his will to protect davao from terrorist,brigands and warlords as safe as possible na wala sa ILOILO

sya din naman ang nag bulgar sa fake rice I'm telling my friend na taga media about fake rice 2 years ago yan even fake egg na 5 years na ang nakakalipas hindi pinapansin

as for awards and accomplishment i tell you it is bullshit lumalaki tax namin dahil nakakuha ng award yung city namin even naga nakakuha ng award and yet  when we studied their CLUP nakita namin na  obsolete ang city plan nila

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 11:17:27 am »
see Human Rights Violator seems to vague it should proven in Court that indeed he is a violator...

So you don't believe binay is corrupt because it hasn't been proven in court? That logic lol

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 08:00:06 pm »
So you don't believe binay is corrupt because it hasn't been proven in court? That logic lol

Partida, si Binay deny nang deny. Si Duterte kahit di tanungin umaamin...

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 10:51:30 am »
according to the news this morning, duterte, even though he claimed that he had killed criminal elements cannot be held liable just because of saying it... again, it has to be proven in the court of law... so i think that settles it...

dweizz

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 15
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 11:55:44 am »
dapat daw kasi niyayakap mga kriminal at umasang magbabagong buhay sila

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 10:07:10 pm »
dapat daw kasi niyayakap mga kriminal at umasang magbabagong buhay sila

Well, krimen din ung extra judicial killings... Ba't pa mag-aantay ng "proven in a court of law".

2009hondaXr200

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 05:41:37 am »
"dinadakip"  baka hinuhuli bro... 

30Million kaya ang tulong ni Odicta (Notorious drug dealer) during the election

haha. ay oo bro. "hinuhili" pala dapat. hiligaynon pala ang dinakip

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 02:46:25 am »
Well, krimen din ung extra judicial killings... Ba't pa mag-aantay ng "proven in a court of law"

kahit na po napaka obvious e dahil nasa constitution po natin na may due process ang lahat except from  mindanao 

bakit??

na walang nagagawa ang goverment natin sa mga blood feud or ubusan ng lahi wala man lang nakulong hindi ba

wala din nagagawa ang goverment natin sa mindanao owning a gun every household e may baril sila mas importante pa sa bahay or lupa

kung may kamay na bakal sa mindanao ang goverment e sana wala ng MILF, abu sayyaf, warlords, private army, armed groups at dictator sa mindanao

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 10:19:01 am »
kahit na po napaka obvious e dahil nasa constitution po natin na may due process ang lahat except from  mindanao 

bakit??

na walang nagagawa ang goverment natin sa mga blood feud or ubusan ng lahi wala man lang nakulong hindi ba

wala din nagagawa ang goverment natin sa mindanao owning a gun every household e may baril sila mas importante pa sa bahay or lupa

kung may kamay na bakal sa mindanao ang goverment e sana wala ng MILF, abu sayyaf, warlords, private army, armed groups at dictator sa mindanao

May kamay na bakal din si Gaddafi, si Saddam. Musta naman sila ngayon? Mga hero rin yan nung una silang nanungkulan. Up until the point na hindi na nila ma-distinguish ang kamay na bakal sa power tripping. Marami nagsasabing bayaran lang lahat nung mga celebrity supporters ni Mar. But if you know what happened, hindi na kailangan ni Ramon Bautista ng extra motivation.

Prone naman sa ganyan lahat ng may "power". And this is why I don't mind if any of the other candidates (or maybe except for Binay) wins. Dahil pag sila ung may nagawang mali, tatahimik na ung "madlang" supporters nila at uulanin sila ng batikos. And to some extent, this keeps them in check. Pag si Duterte yan, dami pa rin magtatanggol dyan kahit baluktot na.

Pero teka lang, gusto mo ba mawala MILF? Mali yata info mo kay Duterte...

schwack

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 02:23:32 pm »
Lingid sa kaalaman ng lahat, talamak ang drugs at massacre sa davao.

COHeroes

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 41
  • Sarap Sarap
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 09:36:59 pm »
Bakit niyo naman iniisip na kapag terrorista taga mindanao agad or kapag taga mindanao surrounded by terrorist na agad. I'm in mindanao right now and it's safe here. I was born in General Santos and had my college years in Davao then got a 2 year job there. Technically I lived for six years in Davao, I even strolled on their infamous Quezon boulevard, where riots and criminal activities are rampant but for six long years I didn't encounter such. My mom, who came from Ilo-ilo is more willing to send me in Davao for college than in Ilo-ilo for reasons I do not know. My cousin who is 3rd year college na in Engineering in Ilo-ilo went to mindanao because of he wants to avoid Frat wars. There are things that we can compare between two cities like security, convenience and cost of living but nothing can compare our contribution of tax to our country as a whole. I can ask you right now which city can contribute more in tax... Ilo-ilo or Davao city? We know the answer and I think comparing cities based on tax, life blood of the state, could be our mindanaoan's best bet to become a better city or place. This would mean that we are also hardworking, mild-mannered, kind, respectfull, generous and goal-oriented people. With regards to terrorists, we have an idea who runs them, I bet people from the UP know who really runs the terrorists. May I ask one rep from UP visayas to enlighten us who really controls the terrorists... Nationwide? Worldwide?

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2015, 06:41:53 am »
Lingid sa kaalaman ng lahat, talamak ang drugs at massacre sa davao.

Davao has like the 4th highest crime rate in the country.

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 02:29:38 pm »
though figures vary, it's because davao has a large population... i'd like to see how it fares in details with the crime rate...

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2015, 09:31:05 am »
May kamay na bakal din si Gaddafi, si Saddam. Musta naman sila ngayon? Mga hero rin yan nung una silang nanungkulan. Up until the point na hindi na nila ma-distinguish ang kamay na bakal sa power tripping. -

also a regret now that even america at europe hirap sila sa ISIS the fall of these two tyrants cause a leadership void

mga Isis pa lang ang nakapag massacre ng taga france ngayon (alleged ISIS claims)

unlike Qaddafi at Sadam e sa kanilang bansa lang sila  noticeable naman ang pag-aaway nila e Sunni at Shite something sa ibang arab countries

though figures vary, it's because davao has a large population... i'd like to see how it fares in details with the crime rate...
tama

basta na lang kase nagbabato ng mga statistics e wala man lang analysts

mataas ang crime rate dahil
1. malaki ang Davao comprises of 100+ or 145 barangays equivalent almost 2 provinces combine
2. mataas ang crime rate dahil madami ang nagsusumbong sa mga police therefore natural mataas yan kumpara mo sa manila e kapitbahay na ang nag-perwisyo e hindi pa magrereklamo huli na nga sa CCTV

drugs at massacre kahit saan nandyan naman yan
sa america at europe at australia at africa problema din nila ang drugs hindi po exempted ang Davao but for safety wise
NCR versus davao atleast sa davao wala naman babaril sayo or pagnanakawan ka unlike manila ang daming video na kuha ng CCTV halos araw-araw pero wala naman silang nagagawa yung pulis NCR atleast sa DAVAO tigok agad

yonipspy

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 68
  • screw the screw
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 08:43:06 pm »
taas ang crime rate sa davao? pero sino sino ang mga napatay?

adik
magnanakaw
rapist
tulisan

online 24/7

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2016, 07:19:21 am »

basta na lang kase nagbabato ng mga statistics e wala man lang analysts

mataas ang crime rate dahil
1. malaki ang Davao comprises of 100+ or 145 barangays equivalent almost 2 provinces combine
2. mataas ang crime rate dahil madami ang nagsusumbong sa mga police therefore natural mataas yan kumpara mo sa manila e kapitbahay na ang nag-perwisyo e hindi pa magrereklamo huli na nga sa CCTV

If I'm not mistaken, pag sinabing rate, nasa percent sya so it doesn't matter kung gano kaliit o kalaki ang population.  Either way the point is this "kamay Na bakal" policy against "crimes" that duterte supporters are so proud of does not really deter criminals from committing crimes.  Simply put, it's not as effective as one hopes. 

TobleRONe

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 123
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2016, 08:11:26 pm »
old stats na ito, 2010 pa. compare NCR with Davao.

ilan years na ba nanunungkulan si DU30 by 2010?

Source:
Source 1

Source 2

naka base ang rate per 100k population sa stats above.

base sa 2010 Crime Rate, ang NCR ay 407.5/year. or 33.96/month.

where as sa Davao City 56.9/month

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2016, 04:37:31 am »
kulang ata data sa second table. as per that table for the entire Philippines, its 169.9 index crimes but in NCR alone its 270.8, sa non-index naman its 97.6 for the Philippines but its 136.7 for NCR already so may kulang ata sa data. even if I consider the average of outside NCR with NCR numbers (which theoretically should already represent the entire Philippines) pero iba parin eh

hindi rin kasi magload ng maayos ang source link so I cannot tell bakit nagkaganon ang numbers

although it is also a fact that there are plenty of crime that is not recorded in statistics since statistics only consider official reports. alam naman siguro natin lahat na maraming crime na nangyayari na hindi na nakakaabot sa blotter. so I dont think relying solely on statistics is a fair assessment

its highly possible that those numbers will increase if all kinds of crime are taken into account. but as to how much the numbers will increase we will never know for sure. I guess it will boil down to perception, do people feel safer from crime in one place as opposed to another.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 04:47:51 am by bodieph »

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2016, 11:11:06 am »
it's a high probability that those crimes reported are the major ones... those that fell on the classification of petty crimes are possibly not included since they are normally settled at the barangay level....