Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: You’re our only hope: Crying OFW posts heartbreaking appeal to Duterte to change  (Read 1974 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..

MANILA, Philippines – It was an appeal straight from the heart. Days after Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte announced he is closing the door for good on any presidential run in 2016, one Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) posted a heartbreaking appeal urging the mayor to reconsider his position, InterAksyon reported.

The video, which was posted on Pinoy Trending News, shows Minda Obeidat—an OFW based in Qatar—begging Duterte to change his mind and run for president.

She explained that she and many of her colleagues have long wanted to return to the country but were prevented from doing so due to the many problems hounding the country including the lack of job opportunities.

“You are our only hope,” she told Duterte. “Please run, I am begging you.”

I Am Asking for Divine Guidance

Responding to Obeidat’s plea, Duterte said he was banking on divine guidance to help him reach a decision.

“I am asking God to help me decide,” he told her via phone. “You can count on that.”

“We always refer to God’s guidance and destiny,” he added.

Duterte made the response during his hours-long meeting with Senator Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel and the rest of the Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban) on Wednesday night.

The mayor—popular with the public due to his tough stance on crime and no-nonsense form of governance—disappointed his legions of followers on Tuesday after he announced he was not running for president and was instead retiring in 2016.

His supporters however, have refused to yield and will hold a “million people march” in Luneta on September 15 to convince him to change his mind.

http://kickerdaily.com/youre-our-only-hope-crying-ofw-posts-heartbreaking-appeal-to-duterte-to-change-mind-and-run/

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
Quite similar to Noynoy's situation in 2010:

"He said it was the mounting calls for him to run that made him decide to go on a spiritual retreat in a Carmelite monastery to seek discernment and divine guidance."

Will Duterte come to the same decision?

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
let's hope the similarities ends there... if ever he changes his mind, i do hope he will make the nation proud again... :)

burnhito

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 52
It's not about the will to become president(lahat sila gusto), the problem is the machinery(money,supporters and backers).
We all know money is essential during campaigns, in terms of supporters the Philippines is divided into island, regions and provinces. It is possible to have the support of province but not the entire region. For example, Roxas won in Capiz, though he lost in the rest of Ilonggo region(6). At kung walang matibay na sandalan ang isang kandidato, kahit manalo pa sya kung lahat naman na maimpluwensyang tao ay hindi sya gusto parang EDSA 2 lang ang mangyayari dyan. In our country, the president don't entirely runs the nation, but shares it with the political party.

I  think that Duterte's decision is final, though he have bigger chance in winning the vice-president position if Poe don't chose to run in the same position. Roxas-Duterte, Binay-Duterte or Poe-Duterte...
If Only Close Minds Came With Close Mouth

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
Pabebe lang yan. Kalaunan e tatakbo din yan. And he will sadly lose to Binay. The sad reality is Binay won't be stopped unless it's a 1v1.

zensuke101

• The Laughing Man
  • Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 80
  • "The Catcher in the Rye"
    • Public Security Section 9
Pabebe lang yan. Kalaunan e tatakbo din yan. And he will sadly lose to Binay. The sad reality is Binay won't be stopped unless it's a 1v1.

agree ako kung maraming tatakbong president

boyzarimanok

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
Tatakbo din yan..
Para yan ma discourage yung sumasakay na sa bapor ni digong na mga trapo...

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
let's wait and see... until mid october pa naman ang filing of candidacy for the top spot... but sir burnhito is right, he needs the political machinery and funds for a nationwide campaign... i know he won't be lacking for supporters and volunteers...

zensuke101

• The Laughing Man
  • Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 80
  • "The Catcher in the Rye"
    • Public Security Section 9
abangan ang susunod na kabanata  ;D