Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Duterte closes doors to presidency ‘for once and for all’?  (Read 2559 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..

SAN FRANCISCO, AGUSAN DEL SUR — Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte said that he is closing his doors for the presidential post.

After his speech to his fraternity brothers in The Fraternal Order of Eagles CARAGA Region, Duterte was cornered by the media and said “for once and for all” that his doors are closed for the presidency.

Duterte said that the main reason for this is that he does not have enough money to fund his candidacy if ever he decides to run.

He said that he would be needing P10-P15 Billion pesos to roll out a presidential campaign.

Previously, Duterte told Davao media that he does not want to ask money from anyone to finance him.

“Kung may pera lang ako, bakit hindi. Pero wala talaga,” Duterte said.

[If I had money, I would. But I really don’t.]

“Wala nga akong pera kahit pang bayad ng watcher dito sa Davao,” he added.

[I do not even have the money to pay for a watcher here in Davao.]

When asked about the people volunteering to support him financially, Duterte said that time will come that those people will stop supporting him.

“They will not support me 24 hours, they might just spend 2-3 hours of their lives supporting me, but time will come they will stop,” he said.

Duterte also pointed to his health condition as one more reason to turn his back to the presidential bid.

Former Mayor Sara Duterte previously said that she does not want his father to run for president because of his age.

The mayor says he agrees with his daughter and believe she is correct.

He also stressed that it is not only Sara, who is against him running for president, but also his other son, Sebastian and his youngest daughter, Veronica.

On the other hand, when asked about a previous interview wherein the mayor describes himself as a “liar”, Duterte admitted he loves playing with words.

“I would lie and lie again, maybe I would say that I’m running or I’m not running. I want to make fun of myself,” He said.

arsonista24

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 6
  • In ur face!!!
Re: Duterte closes doors to presidency ‘for once and for all’?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 03:23:40 am »
sabi ko na nga ba puro paasa lang eh....

SpyTamers

• The Hitch-Hiker-Hunter 2006
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 43
  • Tamers Simply Amazing !
    • Tamers Homepage !
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 03:55:43 am »
Malayo pa ang Next year.... dont lose hope hehehehhe :D lilipad din ang agilang yan ehehhehehe :D

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 04:47:43 am »
deadline for filing is on october though. medyo malapit na but yeah there is still hope, however small. theres still about a month for duterte to change his mind and decide to run

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 07:08:32 am »
That is correct.. Malayo pa ang deadline kaya there is still hope.. Yung family nya lang talaga ang pinaka balakid sa lahat kasi after his political career is over hindi naman ang taumbayan ang mag aaruga sayo pag ugod2x kana kundi ang pamilya mo.. I just hope he will re-consider.. And for his supporters, sa family dapat ni mayor ang dapat e convince hindi sya..

tiberionx

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 29
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 07:44:35 am »

He said that he would be needing P10-P15 Billion pesos to roll out a presidential campaign.

ganyan kalaki ba talaga ang kailangan?

kaya naman sobra ang kurakot ng mga pulitiko .... ang laking investment :D

dweizz

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 15
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 07:49:08 am »
ilagay nya na lang pangalan niya sa balota.. tingnan na lang natin kung ano mangyayari... kahit wag na siya mangampaya

-=Kurabo=-

• Patience is a Virtue but Time is Gold
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 48
  • Kurabo
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 08:10:29 am »
ilagay nya na lang pangalan niya sa balota.. tingnan na lang natin kung ano mangyayari... kahit wag na siya mangampaya

eh kaso di ba sa automated puro darken the circle lang, yan din naisip ko eh hehehe ::laffman

it ain't over. . .till its over

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 12:51:41 pm »
i still hope that he will change his mind... if he is a true patriot, the country will be his foremost priority...

sept15fun

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 03:45:55 pm »
simple lang naman ..pwede ring strategy yan ni duterte..dahil sa sang damakmak nyang mga complainant at kalaban pa nya ang senado at pati si delima  kaya ini atras nya muna yung disisyon nyang tatakbo, dahil malamang pag pa dalos2x sya gagamitin na naman yung issue tungkol sa death squad mga tol.. opinion ko lang naman to hehehe  baka magaya sya kay villar diba? nung nakaraan election ang lakas ng charisma ni villar sa masa at bigla nalang syang lumobog nung ginamit yunh tunkol sa c5 rod na di naman proven. at hanggang ngayun ginagamit ng mga motorista haaha diba "nga-nga " si villar? ganyan din mangyayari kay duterte if mapaaga ang disisyon nya . dadami ng dadami ang mga critics  kaya siguro mas minabuti nyang wag muna mag pasya at yun na sya mag papasya pag malapit na talaga elction para di na magagamit lahat ng issue tungkol sa kanya.. just saying :)

zensuke101

• The Laughing Man
  • Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 80
  • "The Catcher in the Rye"
    • Public Security Section 9
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 04:11:36 pm »
sayang  :o :o