Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Duterte: I can hire more contractual workers to keep Davao clean, safe.  (Read 1546 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..

DAVAO CITY—Mayor Rodrigo Duterte said he would hire three times as many contractual employees as the existing 11,246 if only to keep the city clean, safe and orderly.
“In the government, we don’t add plantilla positions every year and Davao City is one of the biggest cities in the country, so, we hire contractuals,” Duterte said in reply to the Commission on Audit (COA)’s report questioning the hiring of 11,246 contractual workers by the city mayor’s office in 2014 alone, costing the city government some P708 million.
“The P708 million (that the COA questioned) is part of the city’s operation expense, I’m spending it on contractual workers from garbage collectors to drivers, to intelligence operatives roaming around the city,” the mayor said in his television program “Gikan sa Masa, Para sa Masa” on Sunday.

“You don’t expect plantilla workers to collect garbage, don’t you?” he asked. “And garbage collectors are working in the city on three shifts,” Duterte said.
“The SCAAs (Special Civilian Active Auxiliary), the soldiers roaming around Davao, I’m paying them,” Duterte said. “They’re part of the intelligence apparatus roaming the city.”
Duterte said there is no cap on the number of contractual employees to be hired by the city government. He added it is still possible for him to increase the number of contractual workers to three times as many as they are now, since the city is very big with 183 barangays (villages).
“It’s my duty to make the barangay clean, the people simply deserve it,” he said.
“I am the mayor, I decide how much I spend and how many will work for the interest of the city,” he added.
The audit report was released in 2014 but was made public through an online news portal only on June 16.
“There’s a COA office on our (City Hall) ground floor, why didn’t they tell me, why point that to me only now?” asked Duterte when interviewed on Friday.
“As long as those contractual workers are rendering service, what’s the problem? The problem only comes when they are not rendering services in the city,” said Duterte.
The COA report particularly pointed out the alleged lack of a hiring manual, which allegedly opened the hiring of contractual workers in the city to the possibility of patronage politics. Most of over 11,000 contractual employees questioned by the COA were hired by the city mayor’s office.
“The city has no written policy or manual on the hiring of employees particularly under contract of services and job orders. Identification of persons to be hired for such nature rests directly upon the recommendation of the department heads and other officials of the city,” the report, quoting the COA, said.
“Impossible,” said Duterte, commenting on the supposed absence of guidelines. “It’s the DILG (Department of the Interior and Local Government) which provided the guidelines.”
“If any person can come up with evidence that I made money from the government, I will immediately resign as city mayor,” he said.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/699927/duterte-i-can-hire-more-contractual-workers-to-keep-davao-clean-safe

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
he may have bypassed some rules and regulations with regards to the hiring of contractual workers, but then again, why only now is he being questioned... the way i see it, the demolition work is now being implemented.... expect more to follow...

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
In short, palakasan sa mayor kung sino yung mabibigyan nang contractual job

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
may mali sa COA wala silang figures ee hehehehhe

the protocol is 55% of the city annual budget can be used for human resources that is the ceiling limit kung malaki ang IRA ng Davao at annual budget nito possible na makapag hire sila ng three times sa existing na 11,000

clarify po natin

plantilla position will be under CSC
Job orders position will be under the COA

plantilla position para magawa kailngan ng
1. justification
2. budget

ipapasa yan sa CSC at DBM sila ang  mag-approve nito medyo matagal ito therefore papalpak ang services kung hihintayin mo ang mga plantilla

Job Order position
1. ang gagawa po nito mga department heads sila ang gagawa ng budget at justification
2. ipapasa ito sa Human Resources at titignan kung may budget at justifiable
3. then ipapasa sa COA kase sila ang may hawak ng JO

kung palakasaan system
11,000 di napo mukhang palakasan yan

tama po na pulitika lang yan
2013 pa po nagbibilang ang COA sa mga JO and yet bakit ngayon lang inilabas 2015

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
kung palakasaan system
11,000 di napo mukhang palakasan yan

tama po na pulitika lang yan
2013 pa po nagbibilang ang COA sa mga JO and yet bakit ngayon lang inilabas 2015

"simple answer... because next year is 2016 and we know what it means..."

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
"simple answer... because next year is 2016 and we know what it means..."

tama po yan

sa policy ng DILG as long na di po umaabot ng 55% para sa Human Resources okay lang po yan

kung sinabi ni Mr duterte na he can hire three times more or 33,000 Job Order more it means hindi pa inaabot yung ceiling na 55%

c-law

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
Eh kung sa Maynila eh..GHOST EMPLOYEES at REGULAR PAH.... :o :o :o