Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Duterte says Mamasapano carnage not MILF’s fault  (Read 7118 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
Duterte says Mamasapano carnage not MILF’s fault
« on: January 28, 2015, 07:06:22 am »

http://newsdesk.asia/duterte-says-mamasapano-carnage-milfs-fault/

By NewsDesk on January 28, 2015 at 1:10 pm

MAYOR Rodrigo Duterte said the bloody encounter between Police Special Action Force and elements of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front in Mamasapano town in Maguindanao was not the fault of the rebel group.

“I lament the needless loss of lives,” Duterte said, “I share the grief of the nation because I know this is hurting us, but you also cannot just take revenge against the MILF or the guys there inside the territory.”

Over 40 members of Police Special Action Force were killed in a clash with elements of 105th command base of the MILF Sunday. The police commandos were supposed to arrest Malaysian bomb expert Zulkifli Bin Hir and Abu Sayyaf Group member Basit Usman.

Both the government and the MILF said the incident was a case of “misencounter” brought by the absence of proper coordination.

Duterte said it was the government troops that entered the territory of the rebels, saying it was a violation of the agreement between the MILF and the government.

The carnage could have been avoided if only the government respected the agreement to not encroach MILF territories while a ceasefire is being observed.

“The loss of lives was really terrible,” he said. “Nanghinayang ako (I feel bad about it), because it was needless. But you can’t just enter that territory.”

Asked who is to blame? Duterte said “I am not going to blame the MILF because definitely it was in their territory, where we were not supposed to enter.”

Duterte noted that the Philippine government – “to a certain extent” – has surrendered a portion of its sovereignty over a “piece of property” controlled by the MILF in its bid to end the Moro rebellion waged over the past 40 years.

“There is war and we are fixing it,” he said. “That is the reason (why the government gave the MILF its territory).”

Dangerous

Meanwhile, the mayor said it would be very dangerous if the government and the MILF will end up abandoning the peace process following the carnage.

And declaring war against the MILF is like “creating a monster.”

“We can’t just abandon the peace process because of the faux pas,” he said.

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
Re: Duterte says Mamasapano carnage not MILF’s fault
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 08:25:06 am »
Ano pa bang aasahan natin dyan e alam naman nang lahat na kumukupkop yan nang mga npa at terorista? Not the fault of MILF daw e siguro kung di kinupkop nang MILF yung kapwa nila terorista edi sana hindi sila sinugod.

jpoks

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 38
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 08:37:10 am »
By this remark, don't even think to run for president Mr. Duerte, kahit senator di ka lulusot. Kung ang mga napatay na police ay huhuli ng terorista na kinankanlong ng MILF ay dapat makipag coordinate pa sa kanila? Bakit nila kina-kanlong ito in the firt place? Na sa kasunduan ba yon ng gobyerno at MILF na pwede silang magkanlong ng terorista? Lumabas din totoo mong kulay, isa ka ring bugok na puro tapang na di nag iisip. Dyan ka na lang sa Davao.

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 09:14:57 am »
Let's not jump into conclusion here. As I see it, under the ceasefire agreement there is a status quo on "controlled territories" of both sides. One party may not enter the other acknowledged territory without clearance from the other side. This is to maintain the status quo as the peace agreement is being hammered. The very reason why the Army did not react immediately on the call for reinforcement. If we want war, then let's prepare for an all-out war. But, we are only talking of this because we are away from the conflict zones. We know that in war no side wins and it's the masses who suffer. Let an impartial body investigates the whole thing and prosecute the culprit. I believe that both sides are at fault here. Of what, only a full and impartial investigation can find it.

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 10:46:27 am »
RIP to the slain men and condolences to the affected families... this is a problem of lack of intelligence and logistics... when entering hostile territory intelligence comes first and foremost... there should have been a backup unit by the SAF in case something goes wrong with the operation... let's face it, most of this terrorist, MILF and BIFF are blood related which i think was the reason why there was no coordination by the SAF with this operation...  let's hope that we will really know the truth after the investigation...

kenji321

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 17
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 07:39:12 pm »
Duterte has a point. You went to the lion's den and you expect it not to bite you. This shows also that the rebels don't really want peace, and it's only the government who wants peace. Ang pinaka lapse lang ng government natin dito eh yung nagtiwala tayo sa mga rebelde.

Ewan ko ba kung bakit tayo nakikipag deal tayo sa mga tulad nila eh makikita mo naman na mga kriminal yun. mob at bandido. Hindi nga malinaw ang prinsipyo nila at kung ano ang pinaglalaban nila.

Sayang, kung meron lang sana tayong presidente na may sariling pananaw, visionary, may paninindigan at hindi nagpapadikta, makabayan at ginagamit ang katalinuhan sa tama eh ang galing sana.

Diba ang astig kung ang Mindanao eh magiging parang Luzon? Yung tipong naging industrialize sya, eh sobrang galing nun. Imaginin mo na may parang NAIA dun at Metro Manila tapos pag gusto mong pumunta ng Australia, Singapore o Indonesia eh dun ka lilipad. Ang astig. Tapos yung Tawi Tawi eh magiging parang Macau. Awesome. Sana may presidente tayo na makapag isip na pagyamanin ang Mindanao kse magandang investment yun. Sayang lang na ang minority na mga rebelde na wala pa yatang 5 percent ang nag aangkin na hindi naman nag rerepresent sa gusto ng mga taga Mindanao. Kung titingnan mo kung bakit ganito eh kse lack of education na naman. Kaya nakikisali sa mga MNLF o Abu Sayyaf na yan eh kse hindi nila alam kung ano ba ang tama sa mali.

ruruti

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2015, 08:30:46 pm »
Duterte has a point. You went to the lion's den and you expect it not to bite you. This shows also that the rebels don't really want peace, and it's only the government who wants peace. Ang pinaka lapse lang ng government natin dito eh yung nagtiwala tayo sa mga rebelde.

Ewan ko ba kung bakit tayo nakikipag deal tayo sa mga tulad nila eh makikita mo naman na mga kriminal yun. mob at bandido. Hindi nga malinaw ang prinsipyo nila at kung ano ang pinaglalaban nila.

Sayang, kung meron lang sana tayong presidente na may sariling pananaw, visionary, may paninindigan at hindi nagpapadikta, makabayan at ginagamit ang katalinuhan sa tama eh ang galing sana.

Diba ang astig kung ang Mindanao eh magiging parang Luzon? Yung tipong naging industrialize sya, eh sobrang galing nun. Imaginin mo na may parang NAIA dun at Metro Manila tapos pag gusto mong pumunta ng Australia, Singapore o Indonesia eh dun ka lilipad. Ang astig. Tapos yung Tawi Tawi eh magiging parang Macau. Awesome. Sana may presidente tayo na makapag isip na pagyamanin ang Mindanao kse magandang investment yun. Sayang lang na ang minority na mga rebelde na wala pa yatang 5 percent ang nag aangkin na hindi naman nag rerepresent sa gusto ng mga taga Mindanao. Kung titingnan mo kung bakit ganito eh kse lack of education na naman. Kaya nakikisali sa mga MNLF o Abu Sayyaf na yan eh kse hindi nila alam kung ano ba ang tama sa mali.

You cannot say that the MILF doesn't want peace just because of this incident. As you have already stated, they went to the lion's den. It is within their right to protect their territory. There is a ceasefire and yet, because of the actions of these PNP/SAF, that agreement was violated. Ilagay nyo nga sarili nyo sa lugar ng MILF. Bigla na lang may papasok sa teritoryo nyo ng walang paalam. Eh alam nyo (MILF) na may usapan na kayo sa gobyerno na magko-coordinate muna kayo sa isa't isa at kukuha ng clearance kung may gustong pumasok sa teritoryo nyo. Tsk!

But the inhuman killing/slaughter that happened after the"encounter", then that's another issue to be looked at and investigated.

Point is, may point talaga si Duterte sa sinabi nya. Di lang naman si Duterte ang may ganyang opinyon, dahil may mali naman talaga yung PNP/SAF sa approach na ginawa nila.

kenji321

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 17
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 09:06:55 pm »
You cannot say that the MILF doesn't want peace just because of this incident. As you have already stated, they went to the lion's den. It is within their right to protect their territory. There is a ceasefire and yet, because of the actions of these PNP/SAF, that agreement was violated. Ilagay nyo nga sarili nyo sa lugar ng MILF. Bigla na lang may papasok sa teritoryo nyo ng walang paalam. Eh alam nyo (MILF) na may usapan na kayo sa gobyerno na magko-coordinate muna kayo sa isa't isa at kukuha ng clearance kung may gustong pumasok sa teritoryo nyo. Tsk!

But the inhuman killing/slaughter that happened after the"encounter", then that's another issue to be looked at and investigated.

Point is, may point talaga si Duterte sa sinabi nya. Di lang naman si Duterte ang may ganyang opinyon, dahil may mali naman talaga yung PNP/SAF sa approach na ginawa nila.

Yes, MILF are not serious on the peace talk. Why? Because if you respect the peace talk and are aware of that, you are not going to draw fire. Who fired first? Basing on the casualty you will know. If I put myself in the stand of MILF, pag may pumasok na militar sa kampo ko, I'll point them a gun and will ask if who are you and why you are here? I'm not going to shoot at them not unless I'm not aware of the agreement or I don't respect the agreement. From the sound of your comment, it was the SAF who violated the agreement, I'm sorry but shame on you my brother. These are people who trained for years, some went to the academy, knows the chain of command and knows what the SOP is during operation. Don't tell me they just forgot to call the MILF regarding that matter.

Bottomline in this case, don't make deals with the terrorist.

dweizz

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 15
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 09:18:07 pm »
parepareho lang terorista sa akin mga yan... hindi dapat sila binigyan ng territory in the 1st place... tutularan lang sila ng mga grupo para magkaroon din ng sariling territory

kuyawuten

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 62
  • huehuehue
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 09:55:59 pm »
sana hindi totoo yung nabasa ko tungkol sa nasilaw sila 5 million USD reward, pero tang ina lang talaga ng mga MILF MNLF BIFF abusayaff na yan nakita nyo na yung aftermath nito? tingnan nyo sa  bestgoredotcom
Video games ruined my life. Good thing I have 2 extra lives. <3 <3 </3

KaMushroom

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 24
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 11:57:46 pm »
sana hindi totoo yung nabasa ko tungkol sa nasilaw sila 5 million USD reward, pero tang ina lang talaga ng mga MILF MNLF BIFF abusayaff na yan nakita nyo na yung aftermath nito? tingnan nyo sa  bestgoredotcom

Walang problema sa 5$M dollar reward. It just proves kung gano talaga kadelikado yung taong yun. Kahit pa Nasa luzon ako at nasa mindanao yun, I dont feel easy pag may ganong tao within hours on my location.

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 01:21:31 am »
Yes, MILF are not serious on the peace talk. Why? Because if you respect the peace talk and are aware of that, you are not going to draw fire. Who fired first? Basing on the casualty you will know. If I put myself in the stand of MILF, pag may pumasok na militar sa kampo ko, I'll point them a gun and will ask if who are you and why you are here? I'm not going to shoot at them not unless I'm not aware of the agreement or I don't respect the agreement. From the sound of your comment, it was the SAF who violated the agreement, I'm sorry but shame on you my brother. These are people who trained for years, some went to the academy, knows the chain of command and knows what the SOP is during operation. Don't tell me they just forgot to call the MILF regarding that matter.

I beg to disagree. What you've said is mostly speculation. If you want to talk about violating the agreement, yes, that's what the SAF did by entering MILF territory. We do know that this was a special op. So what made you think na malumanay na pumasok ng MILF compound ung SAF?

Just because mas maraming namatay na SAF, hindi ibig sabihing sila naunang nagpaputok. They have the advantage of knowing the area very well and if the latest reports are true, ung BIFF ang nang-ambush sa SAF nung pa-retreat na sila.

The SAF may have been well trained pero in special op missions you take your orders from your handler or immediate superior. Then you trust na alam nila ginagawa nila. Kung hindi nakarating sa coordinating committee, someone, somewhere kept this secret. Hindi pa natin alam kung sino at kung bakit.

Don't get me wrong, nakikiramay din ako sa mga namatay at hindi sila ang dapat sisihin, but someone higher up in their ranks.

ruruti

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 2
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 02:29:17 am »

Shame on me??? Dahil pinoint out ko na may mali ang SAF sa ginawa nila? Lol! Di ako natutuwa sa nangyari sa mga namatay na PNP/SAF, and nakikiramay din ako sa mga namatayan. Pero, as d_sinner78 also pointed out, what the SAF did by entering the MILF territory, is a violation of the agreement. And clearly, ang PNP/SAF ang may mali dito, not the ones who died, but those issuing the orders in the higher ranks.

Marami kasi namatay sa side natin kaya very emotional tayo and we blame the MILF easily; but if we will look at it analytically and logically, there was something wrong with the way the PNP/SAF approached or planned this operation. Not just that, but they violated an agreement with the MILF.

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 04:19:27 am »
Kung talagang gusto nang MILF ang peace hindi sila kukupkop nang international terrorist na alam nilang hinahanap nang buong mundo. Lumalabas nyan parang ginagamit nila yung agreement nang peace talk para maging shelter sila nang mga terorista. Tama naman si Duterte na pumasok yung SAF sa Lion's Den and I'm sure alam nila yung risk nagkataon lang na natalo sa bakbakan. Pero yung sasabihin nyang walng kasalanan yung MILF? Pweh!

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 05:29:07 am »
tama naman si Duterte basta na lang pumasok ang SAF sa teritoryo ng MILF without coordination

these people were a battle hardened soldiers of the MILF they don't recognized logic and reasoning lalo na buhay ang kinukuha sa labanan lalo na high alert silang pareho

lalo na may peacetalks tapos may makakasalubong kang  naka unipormeng tao by physiologic mechanism you immediately recognized it as threat  and start shooting

syempre kung rebelde ako at hinahabol ako ng SAF saan ako pumunpunta logic na lang mga kaibigan lalo na kung malapit lang ang kuta ng MILF

it is the most logical solution for the BIFF to go to a MILF territory and bingo may kakampi na ako

boyzarimanok

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 06:53:25 am »
Ano kaya reaction nyo kung NPA yung naka encounter nung mga SAF?
Same din treatment ng media? Taong Bayan?

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 07:26:59 am »
Are we really going to blame those soldiers for doing their job? They were there to capture a terrorist, who is allegedly being sheltered by the MILF. If it was true then how would coordinating with them (MILF) help them (SAF) catch the terrorist?

There are a lot of details that we don't know and probably will never know about the operation but regardless, to say that the MILF has no fault at all is a dangerous thing to say. That is like acknowledging that their actions were right/justified.

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 08:22:21 am »
Obvious naman na kaya hindi nakipagcoordinate yung SAF sa milf kasi nga alam nilang sila yung kumukupkop sa pag nakipagcoordinate sila matitimbrehan yung mga terorista. Wala talagang common sense yang si duterte pumapapel lang kasi gustong tumakbo.

edpoli

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 08:46:42 am »
For me, may coordination man o wala, those PNP-SAF are persons of authority, wearing proper uniforms and easily identifiable. They should not have been treated like invaders or outlaws. They dont deserve that kind of merciless killings. Those actions are from the likes of bandits, who, in my opinion doesn't deserve to be part of the peace process, and should be punished.

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 09:50:42 am »
there will be an endless speculations on what really happened... in my point of view there were really lapses on both sides... if we are to quote duterte as "you went inside a lion's den then expect to be bitten..." i think it is proper since they are animals who base their actions on their primal instinct.. but this are people who have minds and thinking... i agree with sir kenji321 that if the MILF felt threatened by the sudden arrival of the PNP/SAF, they should have at least notified the men that they are violating their  territory and better leave or else they will be considered as hostile and will be dealt accordingly... this will be a never ending debate... let us hope that this will not ever happen again in the future...

2fear!

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 44
  • Espiya - tapukanan sa DDS!
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 04:48:04 pm »
Coordination muna... Kahit pulis maynila kung may aarestuhin sa davao... Ko coordinate sila sa pnp davao para di sila mapagkamalang tulisan o kidnaper.. Dyan pa kaya sa lugar na yan? Eh milf country yan... Lahat ng tao dyan mga milf... Milf ang namumuno sa batas dyan... At nasa peace agreement yan... Sino lumalabag?

Pototoy13

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 5
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 05:08:35 pm »
Makipagcoordinate muna?

SAF: mga ser, punta kami dyan, andyan daw terorista most wanted nagtatago eh.. Huhulihin namin..

MILF: ah ganon ba ser, sige sige punta na kayo!

MILF to MARWAN: kakosa alis na u d2, punta na daw mga pulis. Hikhikhik

Tulad ng sinabe ni lacson pano ka magpapaalam sa Milf kung hawak nila yung terorista.. Edi bulilyaso mangyayari.. Jusmiyo marimar..

SpyDrew

• i run, i row, i climb...
  • Certified SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 07:41:47 pm »
I'm not an expert with the peace process theory, but it wouldn't hurt if we take a look at the other side of the story.

From Bam. https://www.facebook.com/bamertz/posts/10155164922840271?fref=nf&pnref=story

I used to ignore comments from raging keyboard warriors about the peace process; thinking that it won't matter discussing with people who have so little time researching about facts but have so much time throwing opinions around. But seeing how some people I actually thought were smart and educated enough to understand the situation also fail to understand the context, then perhaps it is time to speak.
This is going to be lengthy. You are not required to read it.

WHAT HAPPENED? The PNP SAF is in pursuit of two wanted terrorists, each with million dollar bounty on their heads. Intelligence reports say that the terrorists are hiding in Mamasapano, Maguindanao. To which, the PNP sent its special action force to the area without prior coordination either with the AFP, local PNP, LGU, and MILF.

QUESTIONS: What is the context? What went wrong? Why does the PNP SAF need to coordinate with these people? Why can’t they go into the area when it is a given in our law that the PNP is the institution to go to when dealing with crimes? We are talking about criminals here, isn’t it the mandate of the PNP to go after them? What does this situation imply? Who should we blame?
As part of the ceasefire agreement between the Government of the Philippines (GPH) and the MILF, coordination is important to prevent situations like this. SAF should have coordinated either with AFP, local PNP, LGU, and MILF so it wouldn't have ended like this. Why do they need to coordinate? Because these are areas that are MILF-territories.
First off, be reminded that there are different armed groups in the Philippines. When you say MILF-territory, it does not mean that the MILF holds supreme control over the area. Davao Province is considered NPA-territory and ZamBaSulTa (Zamboanga-Basilan-Sulu-Tawi-tawi) is MNLF-territory. Surely, you understand that this does not imply that every citizen of Davao Province is an NPA nor every person from ZamBaSulTa is an MNLF, right? When we speak of blahblah-territory, it means that the certain group which it was accredited to holds influence in that area. Hence, when you read newspaper outlets saying that terrorist A is in area B which is a C- territory, IT DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN THAT C HOLDS THE SAID TERRORIST. Okay? Okay.
That being said, SO WHAT? So what if Mamasapano is MILF-territory? What does the Ceasefire Agreement has to do with this?
The ceasefire agreement was signed after the all-out war of 2001. The atrocities of said war must not have affected our very opinionated friends hence it was too easy for them to throw their opinions about the entire peace process.

So anyway, after the war, both sides came into an agreement that they have to stop fighting and cease exchange of fire. The entire agreement is more than a hundred pages but the gist of it is basically these:

1. Creation of CCCH (Coordinating Committee on the Cessation of Hostilities) and AHJAG (Ad Hoc Joint Action Group). These are two committees comprised of people both from GPH and the MILF to ensure abidance on the Agreement provisions
2. No MILF or GPH combatant/s is to trespass an MILF or AFP area WITHOUT prior coordination with AHJAG or the GPH or MILF command post in the said area
3. No GPH or MILF combatant/s is to blatantly carry firearms on a GPH or MILF-determined camp/territory
4. No MILF or GPH combatant/s is to usurp, threaten, or attack any GPH or MILF base
Basically, the gist can be summed up in one word: COORDINATION. Like the peace agreement itself to which it is pegged, COORDINATION between the two parties is of utmost importance. Violation of such is a breach to the entire agreement and if the agreement is broken, well, we know what will come next. (To those who do not get it, WAR comes next.)

When we speak of coordination, it doesn't mean you coordinate with MILF. You coordinate BOTH with the AFP and MILF through AHJAG. For YEARS, combat operations in the areas of Maguindanao and North Cotabato are done in coordination with AHJAG. Do you remember the MOA-AD war of 2008? Do you know what caused it? Breach of the ceasefire agreement. A group of MILF combatants trespassed GPH territory when they found out that the MOA-AD was rejected by the Supreme Court. This is why after 2008, both the GPH and the MILF are very careful when it comes to this matter.
It might seem like a lot of hassle to some. Because, seriously, we just need to get that criminal, why do we need to coordinate?
You need to coordinate because if you do not, you will risk your security and you will die. Everyone, even NGO workers who do not even carry firearms, need to coordinate to ensure their safety when they go to these areas. These places are technically considered conflict-zones. It does not mean that it rains bullets every day there but chances are, it will do so, at any given time if threat happens.Be reminded that these areas are not easily accessible so you cannot reason out that you just happened to pass by that area. If you did not coordinate and you entered the area, the GPH or the MILF will automatically see you as a threat and you will die.
Imagine yourself (whether a GPH soldier or an MILF combatant, it’s up to you) sitting on your post, drinking coffee at 3am in the morning because it is your turn on guard and you have to be awake. Imagine seeing more than fifty figures from the distance, slowly treading their way to your camp. You immediately pick up your walkie-talkie (IDK what’s the military term for this) and ring up CCCH and AHJAG to ask if these guys were allowed to be at your area at this time of the night. CCCH and AHJAG answers that they do not know and that they were not informed of any operation happening around that time. As a person trained in combat, whether by a national institution like the AFP or an armed group like the MILF, what will come to your mind?
Surely these are not a bunch of prankster teenagers who thought sneaking up a military base is a good way to pass time, right? And then you also realize that in that area, there are other armed groups residing too (such as your not-so-friendly-neighborhood BIFF guys and other criminal groups).

THIS IS WHY COORDINATION IS VERY IMPORTANT.

Oh, okay, Bam. So, does this mean that the PNP cannot go to an area and arrest criminals just because it is an MILF-territory? We are talking about criminals here, isn’t it the mandate of the PNP to go after them?
YES, it is the mandate of the PNP to go after them and NO, I did not say that the PNP cannot go to an area and arrest criminals. They can surely go there ANYTIME as long as they coordinate. In fact, the commander of the MILF command SAF clashed with got arrested by the CIDG themselves a few years back right at his camp. It’s because CIDG properly coordinated with everyone.
What if PNP SAF did not want to risk coordinating with MILF because this is a top rank terrorist they're after?
That's okay. They do not need to tell it to the MILF but why is it that even the provincial PNP in the area does not even know about the operation? They are both from the same institution, are they not?
So, what does this situation imply?
For one, it implies that there are people sabotaging the peace agreement. How curious is it that for years even before the Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro (CAB) was signed, no clashes like these transpired between the GPH and MILF but it is only now that people are waiting for the enactment of the Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) that all these violence suddenly ensue? What benefit does this incident give to the MILF when now, hearings about the BBL are postponed and people, with the help of the media, will take a hostile stand against them?
I used to be very cynical of the entire peace agreement, and to be honest, I still am. But after being able to work on the ground and understanding the layers and complexities and all that has been compromised to keep the peace, I have learned when to shut my mouth.
I am very sad and disturbed about what had happened. Personally, I believe the SAF police officers were brought there for slaughter. Whoever commanded them to go there, given the context and situation of the said area, without prior notice to the AFP and even the municipal PNP itself knows that he is risking the lives of his men. How come the intelligence report they received is so sure that the terrorist is in that area but have missed the fact that said area has two MILF-base camps? How convenient is it that most of the SAF officers were from Cagayan de Oro and Zamboanga which is why they are not aware of the terrain, and thus, easily killed? Were they even aware that the risk they were facing was much heavier than that $5,000,000? Or probably some of them are aware but, of course, how can they disobey a command? What would be of their families, of the waiting wives and excited kids, when they find out that daddy will not go home anymore?
Dozens of lives are lost in just one night. For what reason?
Whoever it may be who planned all these to happen, they won. It may seem that the MILF was the victor in this battle but, in actuality, they lost. Because now, this incident has smeared that peace both the GPH and their side had been protecting.
Years of struggle and hard work of the different stakeholders (the civilians, CSOs, even the academe) to keep that peace… all lost.
And now, we wait for the media to blow things out of proportion and the raging opinionated anons to wage their online wars.
There isnt a day that goes by where I dont at some point think of you.. 😙💋💚 #missingyou

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2015, 09:30:03 pm »
Makipagcoordinate muna?

SAF: mga ser, punta kami dyan, andyan daw terorista most wanted nagtatago eh.. Huhulihin namin..

Tulad ng sinabe ni lacson pano ka magpapaalam sa Milf kung hawak nila yung terorista.. Edi bulilyaso mangyayari.. Jusmiyo marimar..

Hehe... Parang ang simple ano? Una, hindi makikipag-usap ng diretso ang SAF sa MILF. Gov't panel ang kakausapin nila at ung gov't panel ang kakausap sa MILF. Pangalawa, kung nakipag-coordinate ng maayos ung pasimuno ng operation na yan, most likely mad-deny ung operation. In the past, either it-turnover ng MILF ung hinahanap nila or magp-pullback ung MILF para makapasok military (hindi SAF).

Kung gusto natin ng puro spekulasyon lang, I'm betting na bago pa sila makarating sa gov't panel, pinigilan na sila ng isa sa mga superiors nila sa PNP but someone decided to override that decision.

IWM

• Meet the real Mother F'r
  • MILF Negotiators
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 138
  • Hide your moms...
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2015, 12:26:13 am »
Makipagcoordinate muna?

bobo hahahahahaha
NAWAWALA YUNG SIG KO... ='(   NAWAWALA YUNG SIG KO... ='(   NAWAWALA YUNG SIG KO... ='(   NAWAWALA YUNG SIG KO... ='(   NAWAWALA YUNG SIG KO... ='( 
"Without evil, there can be no good. So it must be good to be evil sometimes." ;D