Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Scarlett Johansson on Ghost in the Shell  (Read 7732 times)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Scarlett Johansson on Ghost in the Shell
« on: January 06, 2015, 12:19:12 am »

Scarlett Johansson doesn't seem to be leaving the Hollywood action movie any time soon, and that's a good thing. Following rumors that she was being considered for the role, Variety has confirmed that she will star in the upcoming Hollywood remake of Ghost in the Shell, the seminal anime and manga. To some Ghost in the Shell fans, this is exciting for obvious NSFW reasons. Of course, the filmmakers could have cast an Asian actor for an anime adaptation, but go ahead and thank the Hollywood studio system for that. If they needed an established female action star, it would have been hard to find a more suitable choice. Just look at Scarlett's recent film roles.

In Lucy, she's a woman with psychokinetic abilities that make her more or less invulnerable.

n the Marvel films, Black Widow, a spy trained by a shady government organization to be a living weapon and kick the shit out of anyone.

In Under the Skin, a disguised alien, ostensibly on a sadistic mission... but perhaps something more existential.

In Her, a disembodied artificial intelligence who broke Joaquin Phoenix's heart, and yours, too, probably, let's be real.

Ghost in the Shell is like the capstone of all these roles. In a hyper-simplified nutshell, the lead character, Major Motoko Kusanagi, is an unrelenting cyborg cop from the technologically advanced future wrestling with the possibility that she may be entirely synthetic, her memories manufactured and her entire life a lie. She also beats the crap out of bad guys and has intimate experience with guns, cybercrime, and moral ambiguity. The 1995 film is lionized alongside Akira and Cowboy Bebop for being one of the adult-oriented anime that got Western audiences to care, and its leading lady is the biggest badass on a team of badasses enmeshed in sex, violence, politics, and philosophy. We have every reason to trust that Scarlett will slip comfortably into this role.

Get excited.

Esquire.com

Not to fast boys! the movie was under by DreamWorks Studios  ::) NSFW? naaaahhh....

I wont put my hopes too high on it

raginghormones

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 89
Re: Scarlett Johansson on Ghost in the Shell
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 02:57:18 am »

if scarlett does this then i can't wait to see this hehe  ;D

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 03:51:52 am »

;D ooohh my! i hope dreamworks studio follow the comic story

wyld_boy2003

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 41
  • Kung kaya ng iba...ipagawa mo sa kanila
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 04:41:15 am »
 bnana Can't wait! bnana

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 03:15:28 pm »
In case this all comes crashing down, remember the advice of Dragonball creator Akira Toriyama to the fans who reviled Dragonball Evolution: just treat it as an alternate universe version of the original.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 04:46:46 pm »
In case this all comes crashing down, remember the advice of Dragonball creator Akira Toriyama to the fans who reviled Dragonball Evolution: just treat it as an alternate universe version of the original.

::lmao that stupid DBZ movie yeah yeah i remember that

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 03:04:58 am »
::lmao that stupid DBZ movie yeah yeah i remember that

Then again, there were supposed to be a couple of cute girls in the cast to make up for whatever else the movie lacked. So at least this version of Ghost In The Shell has one of the hottest women in Hollywood to make up for whatever it might lack as well.

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 03:57:08 am »
Scarjo's been offered a $10M to play the role.wowzer!

If i have it my way, I prefer an Asian Hollywood actress to play Motoko, come on!  8)  and FD will fit the role,she's a real cyborg (yun pekpek asa noo) toinksss  laffman::

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 04:01:15 am by FerminaDaza »

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 05:50:33 am »
FD will fit the role,she's a real cyborg (yun pekpek asa noo) toinksss  laffman::

::lmao amp! parang weird Hentai na yung movie pag ganun

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 03:13:38 am »

If i have it my way, I prefer an Asian Hollywood actress to play Motoko, come on!  8)  and FD will fit the role,she's a real cyborg (yun pekpek asa noo) toinksss  laffman::

To quote Nightwing from the Young Justice animated series: "Uhh...there...there's no right answer for that, uh, is there? So... Nightwing out."

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 04:57:17 am »
CGM would made a great Motoko. Just look at her at Kick Ass.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 11:08:52 am »
CGM would made a great Motoko. Just look at her at Kick Ass.

Chloe Grace Moretz? yeah she can fit the roll Motoko if Motoko was a high school student

for me Motoko didnt look like a High School student she is a full grown women

zensuke101

• The Laughing Man
  • Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 80
  • "The Catcher in the Rye"
    • Public Security Section 9
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 11:53:22 am »
Scarjo's been offered a $10M to play the role.wowzer!

agree ako dito na dapat asian actress ang gumanap
ang tanong kung sino ang dapat sa role
sana nga wag masira ang leagacy ng GITS dahil sa non sense hollywood adaption
lalo na bilang lang ang hollywood version films na hango sa asian films ang naging successful

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 01:25:18 pm »
agree ako dito na dapat asian actress ang gumanap
ang tanong kung sino ang dapat sa role
sana nga wag masira ang leagacy ng GITS dahil sa non sense hollywood adaption
lalo na bilang lang ang hollywood version films na hango sa asian films ang naging successful

I suppose if Kelly Hu was as big a draw as Scarlett Johansson, she might have gotten a chance to audition for the role.

Or if--and this is a nigh-impossible if, to be sure--Heart Evangelista hadn't flubbed her audition for the role of Cho Chang in the Harry Potter film series, then maybe (if the cosmos had aligned properly) she might have also gotten the chance to star in this movie.

This is off-topic but I wish that Alodia Gosiengfiao would dress up (or dress down, if you please) like this.