Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: NBP "VIP's" Want To Return To Bilibid, File Writ Of Amparo  (Read 1659 times)

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
NBP "VIP's" Want To Return To Bilibid, File Writ Of Amparo
« on: December 23, 2014, 03:47:59 pm »
Three high-profile convicts from the New Bilibid Prison have each filed for a Writ of Amparo from the Court of Appeals.

Noel Martinez, Willie Sy, and Michael Ong are asking the CA to rule their transfer to the National Bureau of Investigation's (NBI) headquarters as illegal. Martinez, Sy, and Ong--along with seventeen other inmates--were moved to the NBI after it was discovered that they were still running their criminal activities from behind the walls of the NBP.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/658645/bilibid-inmate-opposes-transfer-to-nbi

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/394830/news/nation/2-more-bilibid-inmates-contest-transfer-to-nbi-headquarters

Atty. Ferdinand Topacio, speaking for his clients Sy and Ong, called upon the CA to uphold their Constitutional rights and to protect the two inmates from any harm that the government might inflict upon them through the Department Of Justice and the NBI.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
Re: NBP "VIP's" Want To Return To Bilibid, File Writ Of Amparo
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 05:10:43 pm »
tsk tsk tsk...when will i see lawyers who will accept cases based on their clients' innocence and not on their client's payments... no wonder our judicial system is questionable... i won't be surprised if the CA will rule in favor of the inmates...

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
Re: NBP "VIP's" Want To Return To Bilibid, File Writ Of Amparo
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 03:14:29 pm »
tsk tsk tsk...when will i see lawyers who will accept cases based on their clients' innocence and not on their client's payments... no wonder our judicial system is questionable... i won't be surprised if the CA will rule in favor of the inmates...

Atty. Topacio was once asked why he always took on clients who were guilty. His reply was that his clients weren't guilty; they were just unpopular to the public. And it was his duty as a lawyer to make sure that his clients were given fair treatment under the laws of the land whether or not the public liked him for doing so. 
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.