Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: can smart homebro plan can be port fowarded so that i can view my cctv remotely?  (Read 5766 times)

yanrd

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
can smart homebro plan can be port fowarded so that i can view my cctv remotely? or is there any other way to view my cctv using smart homebro cannopy type?

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
nope. smart bro does not support port forwarding since ang setup niyan parang local IP lang naka assign sayo. that means you have no way of opening the port (aka forwading)

one way to remote view is via dynamic dns (i.e. from dyndns.org, dati it was free but now I think may bayad na - you can probably still find some free sites for ddns)

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
can smart homebro plan can be port fowarded so that i can view my cctv remotely? or is there any other way to view my cctv using smart homebro cannopy type?

hi ts... i'm not really much of a techie but i installed several cctv systems already and was able to remotely view the installed systems via smartbro connection... if i remember correctly, your dvr should have an IP add and we added that IP add in the router and what we did was search the IP add through another PC and was able to connect to it remotely... until now the installed systems are working fine... hope this helps...

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
hi ts... i'm not really much of a techie but i installed several cctv systems already and was able to remotely view the installed systems via smartbro connection... if i remember correctly, your dvr should have an IP add and we added that IP add in the router and what we did was search the IP add through another PC and was able to connect to it remotely... until now the installed systems are working fine... hope this helps...

what you are talking about is viewing via the router, i.e. local network. ang gusto ng TS is remote viewing meaning from another location so unless smartbro suddenly uses static IPs (and even if it does you wont be able to open the port since the control of ports is with smart not the user), then no you won't be able to remove view with smartbro straight away, you need to do some other configuration since smartbro uses dynamic IP (and assigns local IPs to users in the area)

to be more specific the IP assigned to the DVR will be a local IP (i.e. 192.168.0.254), there is no way you will be able to access the DVR from another location if you type in 192.168.0.254 because that is not the external IP of the connection. if you are in the same local network however (i.e. your IP is the same subnet so lets say 192.168.0.100) then you can access the DVR via 192.168.0.254.

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
what you are talking about is viewing via the router, i.e. local network. ang gusto ng TS is remote viewing meaning from another location so unless smartbro suddenly uses static IPs (and even if it does you wont be able to open the port since the control of ports is with smart not the user), then no you won't be able to remove view with smartbro straight away, you need to do some other configuration since smartbro uses dynamic IP (and assigns local IPs to users in the area)

to be more specific the IP assigned to the DVR will be a local IP (i.e. 192.168.0.254), there is no way you will be able to access the DVR from another location if you type in 192.168.0.254 because that is not the external IP of the connection. if you are in the same local network however (i.e. your IP is the same subnet so lets say 192.168.0.100) then you can access the DVR via 192.168.0.254.

hi sir bodeph... in our initial testings we tested the remote viewing from their companies and houses from another location.  right now my clients are viewing their houses and companies from australia and singapore... so i think it will pass as what we call remote viewing.... just to be more specific, the cctv's i installed are from qube located in gilmore q.c... also, i got some help from their companys's IT guys... they were the ones who helped me setup the remote viewing...  hope this helps...

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
most likely dumaan yan sa ddns since there is no way to view the DVR via local IP if you are not from the same local network. local network = local IP, external network = external IP. since there is no way to specifically point what the external IP of smartbro is (i.e. dynamic IP), the other option would be to setup a ddns service so even if the external IP changes, all you need to type in is the host name and it will still connect to the DVR

ddns service will give you a host name (lets say myhouse.net), now with the DDNS, instead of typing in the external IP and the port used (i.e. 221.254.125:8880), all you need to type in is myhouse.net. this will save you time from figuring out what your external IP is and the more important part is the port forwarding since you will basically be using http (i.e. port 80, 8080) there should be no problem with port forwarding anymore.

bottomline smartbro does not give you the option to port forward and it uses dynamic IP so you will need something like a dynamic DNS service for remote viewing

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
most likely dumaan yan sa ddns since there is no way to view the DVR via local IP if you are not from the same local network. local network = local IP, external network = external IP. since there is no way to specifically point what the external IP of smartbro is (i.e. dynamic IP), the other option would be to setup a ddns service so even if the external IP changes, all you need to type in is the host name and it will still connect to the DVR

ddns service will give you a host name (lets say myhouse.net), now with the DDNS, instead of typing in the external IP and the port used (i.e. 221.254.125:8880), all you need to type in is myhouse.net. this will save you time from figuring out what your external IP is and the more important part is the port forwarding since you will basically be using http (i.e. port 80, 8080) there should be no problem with port forwarding anymore.

bottomline smartbro does not give you the option to port forward and it uses dynamic IP so you will need something like a dynamic DNS service for remote viewing

hi sir.. that might be what they did... anyway, if i will have time, i will try to pass by and ask more in details on what they did so that our ts here would have an idea on how to configure his setup so that he may do the remote viewing of his cctv system...  a blessed sunday to all of us here sir...

MiggyMigs

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 55

Sir bodieph, are you referring to a modem + router combo? At saka Sir bka alam mo, pwede bang magrequest sa smartbro ng static ip? Kung pwede may extra payment ba? Sorry Sir hindi kasi smartbro gamit ko.

bodieph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
pag smartbro wala ata talaga silang option for static IP, for DSL lang ata yung pwede static IP. kahit hindi ka gumamit ng router, yung setup kasi ng smartbro hindi talaga pwede port forwarding. ang main modem nasa smart and hindi pwede maconfigure ng mga users so port forwarding is not possible

pag gusto mo kasi static ang i-offer sayo is yung 4000 na pldt mydsl. sa  globe naman, pwede mag request static Ip pero add ng mga 599 ata monthly. pero I think pwede kahit yung 3g/4g plan ka lang na broadband (though haven't tried)

MiggyMigs

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 55
Salamat ng marami sa info, sir. May friend kasi nagpapa-setup ng same case ni TS, so now alam ko na.