Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: help with my sun wireless internet connection  (Read 4667 times)

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
help with my sun wireless internet connection
« on: October 15, 2014, 12:30:43 pm »
good eve ka-espiyas... i am not much of a techie here so help is greatly appreciated..  i have been a subscriber with the sun postpaid unlimited internet connection for a year already.. i am using a huawei portable wireless modem which they said has an average speed of 2mbps and a burst of 3.2mbps..  however, i observed that the speed they claimed is not existing.. i am also using a wi-tribe 512kbps connection and so far it is exceeding the claimed speed of the sun internet... i have tried to have my sun subscription terminated since i am not satisfied with the service but they told me that i have to pay a pre termination fee equivalent to the whole 24months subscription so pre-term is already out of my solution... has anybody here experienced the same?  i do hope that the techies here might be able to help me tweak a thing or two with the settings to make the connection faster...

thanks in advance...

grimm

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Re: help with my sun wireless internet connection
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 02:23:37 pm »
try using smart's signal instead of sun's. depending on your location, smart may have a stronger 3g signal than sun (which is highly likely). please refer to the link below for instructions.

http://suncellular.com.ph/broadband/widecoverage

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 11:52:13 pm »
thank you for the info sir grimm... i'll try it later and hope that it works...  ::thanksforhelp

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 10:29:30 am »
try using smart's signal instead of sun's. depending on your location, smart may have a stronger 3g signal than sun (which is highly likely). please refer to the link below for instructions.

http://suncellular.com.ph/broadband/widecoverage

late reply here sir grimm... i tried changing the signal source but the speed remains the same... guess i have to live with it for another more year... thanks again sir...

alucardver

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 47
  • You Can Run,But You Can't Hide!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 02:13:14 pm »
late reply here sir grimm... i tried changing the signal source but the speed remains the same... guess i have to live with it for another more year... thanks again sir...

check your APNs, for android users, your phone will probably display 4 APN names, and the default is Sun Internet (minternet)

the other 3 are Sun SBW call and surf (FB BAND) Sun WAP GPRS (WAP) and Sun MMS (mms)

change your APN to SUN WAP GPRS, then try to browse again, then give us feed back for the result :)
pc problem? we have tutorial on to troubleshoot your PC here at:
http://pctekguru.blogspot.com