Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Mind Your Own Business  (Read 1034 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
Mind Your Own Business
« on: September 25, 2014, 04:16:41 pm »

By: RK

Who are you working for?

This year, ask yourself this, “Have I been working hard and making everyone else rich?”

Starting early in life, most people are programmed to mind other people’s businesses and make other people rich. It begins innocently enough with words of advice like:

“Go to school and get good grades so you can find a safe, secure job with good pay and excellent benefits.”
“Work hard so you can buy the home of your dreams. After all, your home is an asset and your most important investment.”
· “Having a large mortgage is good because the government gives you a tax deduction for your interest payments.”

· “Buy now, pay later,” or “Low down payment, easy monthly payments,” or “Come in and save money.”

The road to nowhere

The people who blindly follow those words of advice are often on the road to Financial Nowhere. They often become:

• Employees, making their bosses and owners rich
  • Debtors, making banks and money lenders rich
  • Taxpayers, making the government rich
  • Consumers, making many other businesses rich
Instead of finding their own financial Fast Track, they help everyone else find theirs. Instead of minding their own business, they work all their lives minding everyone else’s.

Take action now!

For many people, their financial statements are not a pretty picture, simply because they’ve been mislead into minding everyone else’s business instead of minding their own business. To change all that, I suggest following these action steps in the New Year.

1. Fill out your own personal financial statement

In order to get where you want to go, you need to know where you are. This is your first step to take control of your life and spend more time minding your own business.Download a financial statement and fill it out today. http://www.richdad.com/RichDadFiles/RichDad/73/7334ba87-772b-4316-8ab2-79e9f19b3bdd.pdf

2. Set financial goals

Set a long-term financial goal for where you want to be in five years, and a smaller, short-term financial goal for where you want to be this year. Make sure they are realistic and attainable.

Here are some examples.

My five-year financial goals are:

o I want to increase cash flow (i.e., passive income—income you earn without having to work for it) from my assets to $_________ per month.

o I want to have the following investment vehicles in my asset column (e.g., real estate, stocks, businesses, commodities, etc.) ____________________________________

My one-year financial goals are:

o I want to decrease my debt by $ _____________.

o I want to increase cash flow from my assets to $ ____________ per month.

· Using my five-year goals, I will complete my financial statement again to show how it will look five years from today.

By doing these exercises, you will know where you are financially today and have set the right, attainable goals to get where you want to be tomorrow. This is the year to take action and to take control of your cash flow. This is the year to start building a great financial future.