Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Photo shows men pointing guns at vehicle along EDSA  (Read 5744 times)

kenji321

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 17
Photo shows men pointing guns at vehicle along EDSA
« on: September 01, 2014, 10:42:39 pm »
Editor's note: We are taking out the names of the witnesses for their safety.
(UPDATE 3) A photo showing men pointing guns at a vehicle along EDSA has gone viral, but details of the incident have yet to surface.

The girl who took the photo said it happened along EDSA around "2:45 pm, near Shell San Juan going to Ortigas” on Monday.

“I thought it was just traffic and I went a little bit out…I wasn’t sure what was happening but I went on ahead,” the girl said in a phone interview with Yahoo Philippines. She noted that all other vehicles just passed by, probably out of fear of being involved.

She was able to take a snapshot but immediately left the scene as well, out of fear.

"I’m honestly not sure what happened. But I know there are guns and they cornered one car,” she said. She added there was also a man riding a motorcycle.

“I’m too scared to look,” she said.

The Philippine National Police have yet to issue a statement on the incident but a call to the Mandaluyong Police station, which has jurisdiction over the area revealed that policemen have been sent to the site.
Mandaluyong Traffic Operations Center (TOC) admitted receiving the incident report but did not find anything at the site.
Another netizen claimed she also saw the incident and claimed of a shoot out and that the men “took the passengers in the Fortuner."
When probed, a high-ranking official of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) said he has yet to receive details as well, amid suggestions it could have been an NBI operation.

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/photo-shows-men-pointing-gun-at-vehicle-along-edsa-093835259.html

What the heck, may crime daw dun, wala naman kaming nakita sabi nang TOC, wala pa kaming nareceive na details sabi nang NBI. Sana naman dahil mabilis ang balita kaya wala pang details. At sana rin wag mapabilang sa mga crimes na para bang invisible at hindi napapansin. At sana din wag magkakaruon ng details lang kapag patay na yung tao.

SpyDrew

• i run, i row, i climb...
  • Certified SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
Re: Photo shows men pointing guns at vehicle along EDSA
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:41:35 am »
Obviously an NBI operation..
There isnt a day that goes by where I dont at some point think of you.. 😙💋💚 #missingyou

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:16:05 am »
Maybe the authorities caught another one of those fellows who left a truck full of explosives at the airport.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 06:08:43 pm »
Sadly, just looking at the picture, we can never really ascertain the unit identity, if there is, of those involved.  Comments on the news articles are riddled with assumption that they are indeed authorities, what with the guy in the green shirt carrying cuffs in his back.  Or that their "tactics" of "surrounding" the target from behind is a method employed by US Police as one commenter commented too.  However, just merely looking at the pictures would not let us come to the right conclusion.

NBI?  I've seen NBI agents and they are way too "maporma" than those in the picture.  That is my opinion.  May nakasabay kasi ako dati sa isang store sa Manila and the guy is soooo tacticool.  Like every article in his body are brands you'd hear the US govt equip their troops.  Parang mannequin sa isang gun store!  No offense sa mga NBI, baka meron kasi dito, huntingin pa ako.  Kita mo kasi 45 sa waist niya and may dala pa siya small bag probably carrying a short rifle.  To think he is just a few meters away from his vehicle.  Tapos like every word from him includes NBI in every sentence.  Like he is from NBI and they'd use what he is buying in an NBI operation and if the store can give NBI a discount.  Nung umalis si NBI sabi nung may-ari ang yabang talaga ng mga NBI.  Hence my opinion that NBIs are maporma.  Sorry if it is a sweeping statement, eh yun ang nabuo sa utak ko eh.

What I just want to actually give emphasis is the fault of the poster of the picture.  The only pictures I've seen are from news article, however I'd assume that the original poster posted the pictures, as is, meaning from his or her cellphone to his social account.  It would have been better if the poster took an extra step, made an extra copy, blurred the important details prior to posting it.  He or she would still have an original copy, and the copy with blurred spots will be for posting the picture.  Why?  What if it is a legitimate operation?  We can assume the operatives involved are undercover ones.  And they'd wish to remain that way.  The plate should have been blurred.  Take the case of US media, they are always sensitive to blur out portions of pics in such cases.  On the news broke out, local media were showing the pictures as is.  It was only on the second day that they blurred some spots.
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

xmen123

• Gulong (Automotive and Motoring)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 8
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 09:30:45 pm »
there have been new updates regarding that said incident..

it was a kidnapping that resulted to a death I think..

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 12:47:39 am »
there have been new updates regarding that said incident..

it was a kidnapping that resulted to a death I think..

Any link you can share?  Grabe, nakakatakot na tlaga ang panahon ngayon.  Ang daming nagdaraang sasakyan, lakas-loob pa rin nila sinagawa, if it is indeed an abduction.
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 01:39:48 am »
dont think its an abduction, yung isang tao sa picture yung naka green, posas yung nasa likod nya so probably pulis yan. yung positioning din ng mga tao, malabong abduction kasi lahat sila nasa labas ng sasakyan, kung abduction, only a few people with guns ang lalabas ng sasakyan and the driver is usually still inside the vehicle ready to drive away immediately

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 03:40:51 am »
 From the picture alone, we can't really conclude that everyone from the group that had their guns drawn alighted from their vehicle.

I could understand that they are plainclothes and riding on an unmarked vehicle, however, it would still be reassuring of they have one or two still directing traffic from the side of their vehicle and some sort of identification sticking out like say on a necklace-type I'd holder just like how the guards of mall display their badges and id.  I think they are still required to have their identification for identity verification if and when the situation asks for it.  Like what if a similar outfit, granting those men are really legit, drives by and decided to do an immediate action into a threat that they see?  Eh di nagkaupakan ang parehas na supposedly eh magkasama dapat.  Reminds me of a news on television of an off-duty cop responding to a hostage taking incident.  Suspect opened fire and the plain clothes cop rushed towards the police unit that had just arrived and had taken cover.  Since the off-duty cop had his gun drawn and was rushing towards the police, the responding uniformed cop shot at their comrade, thinking he is the suspect and had gone amok!  Ending, dead on the spot and pulis na nakasibilyan.

See how the cops in the states do it.  They always shout out instructions during such incidents.  Even when clearing out rooms, they say they are coming out or going in so and so rooms and even indicate their number for other operatives to hear.  They even wait for confirmation from others that they were heard and understood.  As such, they minimize casualties from what will be "friendly fire".  But here sa pinas, what with the corruption that haunts the authorities, they'd always be wary of others. 

Ang tanong eh meron na ba tlaga inilalabas ang PNP na statement regarding the incident?  Ang last na balita ko eh gumawa na NAMAN ng task force to look into the incident.  Kung magkaroon kaya ng balita tungkol sa sabwatan sa ginagawang imbestigasyon, eh gagawa kaya sila uli ng task force para dito? 

Type_One

• Power-UP!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 282
  • SPOON's Next Door Neighbor...DRIFT it FURTHER!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 03:45:41 am »
I dunno if this is credible but...up to you guys...

http://www.xolxol.ph/2014/09/untold-story-edsa-gunmen.html?m=0
Be a Star but NEVER act friendly...
(Wipe Me Down)

xmen123

• Gulong (Automotive and Motoring)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 8
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 03:54:57 am »

yeah dito ko rin un nabasa..

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 04:48:46 am »

Not that I'm making sport of such things but we'll know for certain that it's real if Dante Jimenez and Teresita Ang See start screaming bloody murder and demanding justice on every television and radio news program.

TobleRONe

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 123

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 06:33:45 pm »
Not that I'm making sport of such things but we'll know for certain that it's real if Dante Jimenez and Teresita Ang See start screaming bloody murder and demanding justice on every television and radio news program.

Add the CHR if a criminal gets killed!  Next thing they'll be asking will be less painful and less lethal ways to fight criminals.  Why don't the authorities ask that a separate group be formed to look into their welfare just like how CHR look into the welfare of criminals?  Name it CoHR for COp Human Rights.

::lmao

Kakatakot na tlaga lumabas sa mga panahong ito.  Deadly mix kasi malapit na ang pasko at malapit na rin daw kasi ang eleksyon!

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 02:19:57 am »
Obviously an NBI operation..

Halas mahal, baka pinaghahanap ka na ng NBI sa statement mo na ito!  Eh di ba Lu alabaster sa balita ngayon na mukhang krimen ang nangyari at hindi official operation ng mga otoridad.

And sa balita eh may nagsabi na pinatay daw yung dinukot dito.  Hindi kaya buhay pa sana yung dinukot Kung hindi naikalat yung picture sa social media?  Siyempre, liability ang bagsak nung dinukot nila at biglang kumalat sa news.  Eh para mawala ang "init" dinispatsiya na Lang yung kawawang biktima.  I would have wanted that the one who took the picture drop by the nearest police station and show them the picture as opposed to posting it online.  Let the authorities do their job, quietly.  Such would be more productive than posting it via the various social sites.  I know, espiya is also a social site.  But it's reach is crumbs as opposed to where the picture circulated first.

What I have when I am driving is a pad of paper and pencil within easy reach.  If I see or witness something that I think is important, I write it in a paper and put the date and time plus some details.  That will definitely prove useful in such scenario as this topic.  The plate, conduction stickers, vehicle details and the picture would have made a different ending to this story, if indeed it has ended, if it was handled better.  If it was an official operation, posting the picture would expose the men involved, given they are in civilian clothes, unnecessarily.  If it was a crime that was committed, posting it will spook the criminals and will probably make them act drastically, to the detriment of the welfare of the victim.  In such case, post, post pag may time is a bad advice.

SpyDrew

• Certified SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 02:36:57 am »
Halas mahal, baka pinaghahanap ka na ng NBI sa statement mo na ito!  Eh di ba Lu alabaster sa balita ngayon na mukhang krimen ang nangyari at hindi official operation ng mga otoridad

Mahal ko nandyan ka naman para ipagtanggol ako paghinuli ako, or mag ala action movie muna ang magaganap.. :))
Hahaha..
There isnt a day that goes by where I dont at some point think of you.. 😙💋💚 #missingyou

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 04:36:05 am »
Mahal ko nandyan ka naman para ipagtanggol ako paghinuli ako, or mag ala action movie muna ang magaganap.. :))
Hahaha..

Aba mahal, NBI na yan.  Ang hahaba na ng baril ng mga yan.  Taob ang pistol ko pag nagkataon.  Kailangan na lang natin bumuo ng para sa piyansa mo pag nagkataon!  Sino kaya magdodonate para sa piyansa mo?   ;D

SpyDrew

• Certified SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 04:50:33 am »
Aba mahal, NBI na yan.  Ang hahaba na ng baril ng mga yan.  Taob ang pistol ko pag nagkataon.  Kailangan na lang natin bumuo ng para sa piyansa mo pag nagkataon!  Sino kaya magdodonate para sa piyansa mo?   ;D

Si TS dahil sa thread nya to nagreply ako.. Hahaha   laffman::
Sinisi si TS  ::lmao

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 05:18:44 am »
Si TS dahil sa thread nya to nagreply ako.. Hahaha   laffman::
Sinisi si TS  ::lmao

OT na tayo mahal!  Lipat na tayo sa Sunday group.

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 11:45:24 pm »
tama nga ako pulis nga ang mga yan. kaso hindi nga lang legitimate police operation ang nangyari. illegal police operation. puro pulis ang involved

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/636295/2-cops-nabbed-in-edsa-kidnap-7-more-hunted

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 02:22:03 am »
Indeed you are boss.  Ang problema operasyon daw ng mga pulis na yun eh anti-illegal drugs ang sinasabi nila na operation nila pero Hindi nila function at area yun. 

What is funny is PNP actually encouraging the people to be active and report every incident that they witness.  Ganun na ba ka desperate ang PNP?  Sakit ng ulo yan pag nagkataon ng lahat ng mga undercover operatives since there is always the risk of their identity, their vehicles and their operations being put out in public, for the benefit of everyone, even the bad guys.

Kumbaga, post na lahat ng pwede post, maging legal or illegal operation man yan.  And make sure not to blur the faces and all the juicy infos for everyone to see.

;D:o

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 03:01:50 am »
What is funny is PNP actually encouraging the people to be active and report every incident that they witness.  Ganun na ba ka desperate ang PNP? 

But aren't we supposed to alert the police if we see incidents such as these taking place? Isn't that a citizen's duty?

ardz5869

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 10
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2014, 03:04:20 am »
nakakatakot na sa Pinas. Nakakasira talaga ng image ng kapulisan ang mga kawatang ito.

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 04:49:18 am »
But aren't we supposed to alert the police if we see incidents such as these taking place? Isn't that a citizen's duty?

Indeed, it is better for citizens to be proactive in the fight against crime.  My point is when posting such in social media, we should also be responsible to blur out details.  What if it is a legit operation by an undercover unit?  Then by posting such, we are unintentionally exposing the good guys for the benefit of the bad guys.  A little caution will come a long way in situations like this. 

I am speaking based on experience.  We had a distant relative who worked under such undercover operations and my mom would be sensitive enough to ask if it is ok for that relative of ours when, say, we will have a picture taken then.  Sure, then and now is a mile of difference since there were no social media then.  But mom would be cautious not to have photos with him just sitting in the sala.  I really enjoyed then when he'd take off a small gun from his boots and let me play with it, after he had taken off the bullets.  When he died the customary 21 shots were fired and people who were around then didn't even know that he works as such. 

Like what I said, we can be vigilant and still take the necessary actions for us not to make the lives of those who are just doing their job hard.