Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Miriam plans to run for 2016 Presidential Election  (Read 2206 times)

abdul jahkool

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 71
  • Respect is not given, but earned
Miriam plans to run for 2016 Presidential Election
« on: August 28, 2014, 03:02:36 am »
So, Miriam Defensor Santiago in spite of his health condition plans to run for presidency. What are your taughts co-spies...

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/miriam-says-she-s-ready-to-run-for-president-034930082.html

Nearly two months after announcing that she has lung cancer, Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago seemed to be back in fighting form Wednesday, as she said she is ready to run for President anew.

“I’m not going to be coy. Society leaders have urged me to seek the presidency. I can rise to the occasion, although I was following the other sign posts on the road to recovery,” the senator said.

leightot

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • BEA SUZY! ftw
Re: Miriam plans to run for 2016 Presidential Election
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 03:34:38 am »
Pwede na si Miriam kesa naman si BINAY!

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 04:04:56 am »
If her health can really hold up to the rigors of the campaign trail, then let her have another chance at getting the job.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

bodieph

• Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 332
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 08:09:10 am »
hindi pa siya sure, she was just reacting to what Fr Bernas said in an interview (eto yung headline sa inquirer today)

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/633150/heres-unsolicited-advice-to-aquino-take-a-rest

“Give (Sen.) Miriam (Santiago) a chance,” Bernas said in jest.

Cancer-stricken Santiago was titillated.

On Wednesday, she issued a statement declaring that she would run for President in 2016 if she got enough support from the electorate.

Saying the tumor in her lung was shrinking, Santiago vowed to “rise to the occasion” if there were enough “like-minded supporters like Fr. Joaquin Bernas.”

ginanahan naman si miriam nung marinig niya yun. pero as of now hindi pa sure yan kasi nga yung health niya ang problema. but yeah, Miriam would be a better choice than Binay
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:11:43 am by bodieph »

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 11:30:39 pm »
Baka may swerteng nagaantay sa VP niya pag siya nanalo!  Succession malamang ang panalangin ng ikalawang presidente pag nagkataon.
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

rikimiri

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 15
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 11:40:01 pm »
I might vote for her. I think the last thing that a woman in her situation would want is exploit an already exploited country.

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 06:16:44 pm »
Or her VP might exploit the situation.  They might stress her out and hope her cancer cells thrive and multiply.  Remember, stress is a factor in cancer.  She might (depending on the other candidates) be a viable candidate if and when the VP aspirants will also be a viable one.  There is the risk of her not finishing her term kasi.  Tapos aakyat si vp as president, #1 senador as vp tapos bakante ang isang slot na senador for party nomination.  Asus, sakit sa ulo lagi pagdating Kay Miriam.
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

rikimiri

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 15
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 05:26:46 am »
hahaha..
 The only way to prevent that from happening is for her to totally
change the corrupt system by promulgating a new, fair, and just
Constitution that wouldn't favor Oligarchy in the country before she dies.