Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Shenmue on HD  (Read 6033 times)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Shenmue on HD
« on: August 18, 2014, 06:28:57 am »
Shenmue HD Is Being Made By A Fan, Because Sega . . . Didn't Continue the Freakin Game!!  smoking::

Your petitions, they will do nothing. As far as Sega is concerned, cult adventure series Shenmue is dead in the water. But as far as fans are concerned, well, that's another story.

Korean fan NoconKid has got to work remastering the original Shenmue in HD, and he is doing a damn fine job. Leather jackets, coke machines, run-down florists, as you can see from these screens and videos, it's all looking very, very nice.

Before you get too excited, remember, he's only done certain aspects of a single area of the game. It's not like you can just download this right now and play the entire thing in HD.

By his own admission, doing the rest will take a "long, long time", and if past fan attempts at this sort of thing are anything to go by, it probably won't ever be done at all.

But hey, why get down about Shenmue. That's all anyone ever does. Why not just enjoy the stuff he's already done, squint a little, use your imagination and pretend you can download this for $6.99 on Steam.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1UrqRoTAbk[/youtube]

any co-spy here play this game in their Dreamcast console?

Zbuffer101

• Who Am I
  • Regional: Ilocano/Ilocos
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 25
Re: Shenmue on HD
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:53:18 pm »
never had a dreamcast , ps2 binili ko and shen mue is one of the games that makes me envy of my friend's Dreamcast

noong may lumabas na na maayos na emulator... medyo dated na tignan grahpics nya hehe

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 05:25:51 pm »
never had a dreamcast , ps2 binili ko and shen mue is one of the games that makes me envy of my friend's Dreamcast

noong may lumabas na na maayos na emulator... medyo dated na tignan grahpics nya hehe

never played it on PS2 sa dreamcast lang , sad to say bitin na bitin ang story neto

i was thinking of Downloading a Dreamcast emulator  laffman:: just to play this again

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 04:02:29 pm »
never played it on PS2 sa dreamcast lang , sad to say bitin na bitin ang story neto

i was thinking of Downloading a Dreamcast emulator  laffman:: just to play this again

Shenmue was never on PS2, it was for Dreamcast and Xbox only. I played the sequel but never finished it, the first one was just too short but great story nonetheless.

Thank god for those emulators, you can play it again without having to find a working Dreamcast or an Xbox, but as you said, you will be longing for the conclusion of the story.

Sleeping Dogs and the Yakuza series is as close to Shenmue you can get for now.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 04:11:22 pm »
Shenmue was never on PS2, it was for Dreamcast and Xbox only. I played the sequel but never finished it, the first one was just too short but great story nonetheless.

Thank god for those emulators, you can play it again without having to find a working Dreamcast or an Xbox, but as you said, you will be longing for the conclusion of the story.

Sleeping Dogs and the Yakuza series is as close to Shenmue you can get for now.

ooohh i must have mis-read the first reply , must be sleepy or stealing time at work tulad ngayon  ::lmao

i haven't play Yakuza and Sleeping Dogs and any idea what kind of emulator is the best for Dreamcast?

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 07:07:45 pm »
@kenji_kulet

nullDC seems to be the popular choice these days, another one would be chankast but I think it has not been updated for a long time. nullDC's last update was on 2011, I have no idea about chankast's last update. You can try either though and just keep the one that performs better in your setup and games that you want to play in it (regarding compatibility).

In my opinion Sleeping Dogs is a great game, I recommend you try it out. As far as the Yakuza series, I haven't played one yet but I read some good reviews about it, seems to hit or miss for some people like any other game though.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 08:13:59 pm »
@kenji_kulet

nullDC seems to be the popular choice these days, another one would be chankast but I think it has not been updated for a long time. nullDC's last update was on 2011, I have no idea about chankast's last update. You can try either though and just keep the one that performs better in your setup and games that you want to play in it (regarding compatibility).

In my opinion Sleeping Dogs is a great game, I recommend you try it out. As far as the Yakuza series, I haven't played one yet but I read some good reviews about it, seems to hit or miss for some people like any other game though.

ok thanks! i'll try both of them  ::pampam