Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Why Steven Seagal have never been in an Expendables movie?  (Read 5889 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Why Steven Seagal have never been in an Expendables movie?
« on: June 18, 2014, 04:01:03 am »

Why has Steven Seagal been absent from The Expendables franchise? It’s supposed to be an homage to the greatest action stars of the 80s, 90s and today (Jean Claude Van Damme, Mel Gibson and Wesley Snipes can get second chances alongside Stallone and Dolph Lundgren, so why? WHY?!?! The public demands to have answers.

Is it because he’d rather hang out with his buddy Vladimir Putin than play shoot ‘em up with Sly and Arnold Schwarzenegger? Does it all revolve around a love triangle with Cynthia Rothrock at the center? Anything is possible.

According to his recent interview with The Big Issue, though, Seagal simply doesn’t get along with… someone.

Why have you never been in an Expendables film? I just didn’t like some of the people involved.

The cast is made up of so many people I guess you couldn’t like all of them. Life is too short to work with funny people.

Would you like to name any names? Of course not. There’s good and bad people everywhere and a lot of people in The Expendables I like too. So it’s okay.

Have you thought of assembling your own team and taking them on? That might happen.

Who would be on your dream action team? I like Jason Statham. I like Jet Li, people like that.

Would you have to be the leader though? No I don’t care, I don’t have any ego about that. I’m just a simple country boy. (Via The Big Issue)

Back in December, Seagal told IGN that he didn’t end up taking a role in The Expendables 3 after speaking to Stallone about it because “certain folks, not the actors” got in the way. That was a little more positive than the story that Stallone told back in 2010 about how he tried to get Van Damme and Seagal in the first Expendables movie, but neither of them were interested at the time. Van Damme’s mind obviously changed for The Expendables 2, and he’s even said that he’d like to come back for The Expendables 4 to play the twin brother of Vilain.

As for the era before The Expendables, there was a rumor about this “one time” that Stallone slammed Seagal up against a wall because the latter said that he wouldn’t ever associate with Stallone and “his type,” referring to macho action stars. And even before that anecdote, Stallone told a story to Ain’t It Cool News about how he was partying with Van Damme, Seagal, Shaquille O’Neal, Don Johnson and Madonna (or Tuesday, as they called it back then), when Van Damme had finally had enough of Seagal’s ego and challenged him to a fight two times in the same night.

So did any of these stories have something to do with Seagal turning down The Expendables 3? Yes, all of them. The end.

...action stars^ just like you & me (tampo much) :D ngakk

...but stars of 70's 80's has a waaay cooler stories :D

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Re: Why Steven Seagal have never been in an Expendables movie?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 04:16:11 am »
there is something about those 80's action stars  laffman:: they have this ego big big ego about who's the bad a** of all action stars

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 02:24:18 pm »
There's one person involved with the Expendables franchise whom Steven Seagal has frequently said he will never work even for large sums of money: producer Avi Lerner
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

raginghormones

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 89
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 03:05:17 pm »
ok lang ayaw niya. ive never watched any seagal movies. imho, his action films are lame.

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 03:10:41 pm »
At least yung mga action star marunong talagang makipaglaband di tulad ngayon puro double na lang lol

zensuke101

• The Laughing Man
  • Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 80
  • "The Catcher in the Rye"
    • Public Security Section 9
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 09:03:54 am »
havin steven seagal would have been awesome
sana kasama din si jackie chan sa next installment ::secret