Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice⚡️💥  (Read 46555 times)

b0ler0

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 99
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice⚡️💥
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2015, 05:53:49 am »
Not that far off if you followed his comics back in the 90s... That's probably what they were going for when they cast Momoa.

Yup.  That Aquaman was inspired by Peter David's run on the character's title.  That run was legendary.  Before Peter David came along, Aquaman was the butt of homosexual jokes, what with his pretty boy looks and his orange suit.  Peter David focused on the character's role as heir to the throne of Atlantis.  Then, Peter David had the character's hand eaten by a pool of hungry piranhas.  How bad ass is that?

You're correct.  This was around 1994.  I remember because this was the year when I heard about the Age of Apocalypse and I renewed my subscriptions for the X-titles at Platinum Comics.  Aquaman was already part of my pull list back then.

I still have those issues somewhere.  With an expected surge in interest on Aquaman, their value might shoot up.  I'll go look for them later...

Anyway, that Peter David version is clearly the inspiration for the movie version of Aquaman...

Peter David is a comic book genius.  He single-handedly made X-Factor relevant (not once, but twice) when Marvel was about to give up on the title.  He gave us the most memorable version of the Hulk in Future Imperfect.  He added a new dimension to the regular hulk by introducing the intelligent grey Hulk, Mr. Fixit, who became a mobster (lol).  He made each issue of Young Justice a fabulous romp, and when he left that title, the book went nowhere.  And of course, he was the one man who was able to transform Aquaman into a character who actually commanded respect, if not fear.

Peter David is pretty bad ass himself.  In 2012, he suffered a major stroke, yet he was still able to finish some stories for his second run on X-Factor later that year.

Personally, I want DC movies to succeed, commercially and critically, as much as their Marvel counterparts.  I don't care about which is better between Marvel or DC (or Image or Dark Horse or Boom Studios, all of which have properties that will soon be adapted to film).  I want all of them to kick ass, be entertaining, and provide a great experience for moviegoers.  That way, more films based on comic books will be made and everyone wins.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:57:17 am by b0ler0 »

juan pablo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 25
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2015, 06:52:25 am »
You're correct.  This was around 1994.  I remember because this was the year when I heard about the Age of Apocalypse and I renewed my subscriptions for the X-titles at Platinum Comics.  Aquaman was already part of my pull list back then.

Ah the Age of Apocalypse, one of my favorite story arc in Marvel universe particularly because of how bad ass Magneto was in that timeline. I never liked the Magneto played by Sir Ian McKellen, for me he just didn't fit that role.

monosapien

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 116
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2015, 12:07:11 am »
Ah the Age of Apocalypse, one of my favorite story arc in Marvel universe particularly because of how bad ass Magneto was in that timeline. I never liked the Magneto played by Sir Ian McKellen, for me he just didn't fit that role.

di ko rin na feel yung magneto sa kanya.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
Re: Batman v Superman:Our first look at AQUAMAN
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2015, 03:05:29 am »
As we already know Jason Momoa will be playing Aquaman in Batman v Superman.Then Zack was in a tweeting mood and unleashed this look at Jason Momoa in character:

Zack Snyder

By "Unite The Seven", does he mean "Unite The Seven Seas" (it is Aquaman, after all) or "Unite The Seven Founding Members"?
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
Re: Batman v Superman:Our first look at AQUAMAN
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2015, 02:01:13 am »
By "Unite The Seven", does he mean "Unite The Seven Seas" (it is Aquaman, after all) or "Unite The Seven Founding Members"?

UPDATE: Shot's Fired By Aquaman Himself Jason Momoa

While attending Indiana Comic Con, Jason Momoa signed a very special autograph leaving a comment towards Marvel.
As you can see Jason signed 'F*ck Marvel" to a fan. What do you guy's think of this? Did he do it on purpose or did the fan ask him to write that? It turns out that the fan ask Momoa to write the comment towards Marvel. The comment was directed to all the "DC Haters" and why they should join the DC Universe.
So here's the Instagram:

Hey guys,
Remember that poster I got? I had it signed at Indy Comic today by Jason Momoa.

I asked Jason,"Can you write down a reason why all
these DC haters out there should join our DC Universe

His answer on the left picture."F_ck Marvel".Lol!
at Indiana Comic Con.

If you're a 6'5 280lbs.Samoan/Hawaiian,that also looks like an NFL Defensive Lineman you pretty much can say FU to just about anyone. :applause

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2015, 10:09:09 am »
Ipapagpag lang yan ni Hulk... ::laffman

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2015, 11:55:56 am »
I will put my money that Jason can beat the crap on any actor that Marvel U have in a real fight ::laffman

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2015, 12:12:57 pm »
I will put my money that Jason can beat the crap on any actor that Marvel U have in a real fight ::laffman

Well... Technically, Conan the Barbarian is part of Marvel... So...

Zbuffer101

• Who Am I
  • Regional: Ilocano/Ilocos
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 25
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2015, 04:29:56 pm »
GSP from capt 2 and batista from GoG

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
"F@ck Marvel" xo Aquaman
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2015, 09:59:32 am »
A fan who attended Indiana Comic Con claims to have approached Jason Momoa, who’s playing Aquaman in the DC Cinematic Universe, to ask for an autograph on the new “Unite the Seven” Aquaman poster. The fan says, “I asked Jason [Momoa], ‘Can you write down a reason why all these DC haters out there should join our DC universe.’ His answer on the left picture. ‘F*ck Marvel’. LOL!” VIA

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2015, 10:18:36 am »
if his acting is as good as he projects as aquaman, then this is one cool character to look forward to...

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2015, 02:33:28 pm »
Ipapagpag lang yan ni Hulk... ::laffman

I remember a "fictional character-versus-fictional character" bull session back in college and someone said that The Hulk would easily trounce Aquaman. I disagreed and said that if Aquaman spends even an hour everyday patrolling the Marianas Trench without his lungs (among other body parts) collapsing, then he stands a pretty good chance of surviving a beating from the Hulk. The Hulk might eventually win but it's not going to be a cakewalk like the other fellow thought it would be.

d_sinner78

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 41
« Reply #112 on: March 18, 2015, 07:53:29 pm »
I remember a "fictional character-versus-fictional character" bull session back in college and someone said that The Hulk would easily trounce Aquaman. I disagreed and said that if Aquaman spends even an hour everyday patrolling the Marianas Trench without his lungs (among other body parts) collapsing, then he stands a pretty good chance of surviving a beating from the Hulk. The Hulk might eventually win but it's not going to be a cakewalk like the other fellow thought it would be.

<supernerd mode: on>
If Hulk will pull be pulling his punches (as he subconsciously does according to Amadeus Cho), yes, Aquaman may survive. But if Hulk is going all out, he'll be dead in less than a minute. No official stats for comparing Hulk and Aquaman because they're from different universes. But back in the day, Marvel released the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe with stats of Hulk and Namor, who is the closest Marvel equivalent of Aquaman.

Unfortunately, I don't have my copy with me, and the stats I saw online were not from OHOTMU. If I remember correctly, both of them have similar Health, about 200++ pts and similar Strength that can do 100 pts of damage. But (1) Hulk's strength increases every round (i.e. 6 seconds) when fighting. It increases to 150 in the second round, 200 in the third round and 500 in the 4th round and stays at that until he calms down. They both have 'thick skin' armor, but Namor's armor can only absorb around 10 pts per attack while Hulk's can absorb 50 pts per attack. So after about 18 seconds, any one punch can kill him off.
<supernerd mode: off>

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2015, 10:09:04 am »
The Trident is also not a symbol of his rule,its also a weapon of mass destruction

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2015, 10:59:45 am »
change scenario... the battle will be at the oceans... i think namor can withstand hulk... it really depends on what environment they are...

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Here comes the villain:Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2015, 02:52:05 pm »

So classic Luthor 😍😁

Entertainment Weekly, which got the photo, also got Zack Snyder to talk about the villain:

“He’s not any of the Lexes that you’ve seen, that’s for sure, other than him being a captain of industry and one person to the world and another person to himself. And bald, of course… Our Lex is disarming and he’s not fake. He says what he believes and he says what’s on his mind. If you can unravel the string and decipher what he means, it’s all there.”

read more...

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2015, 03:26:30 pm »
<supernerd mode: on>
If Hulk will pull be pulling his punches (as he subconsciously does according to Amadeus Cho), yes, Aquaman may survive. But if Hulk is going all out, he'll be dead in less than a minute. No official stats for comparing Hulk and Aquaman because they're from different universes. But back in the day, Marvel released the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe with stats of Hulk and Namor, who is the closest Marvel equivalent of Aquaman.

Unfortunately, I don't have my copy with me, and the stats I saw online were not from OHOTMU. If I remember correctly, both of them have similar Health, about 200++ pts and similar Strength that can do 100 pts of damage. But (1) Hulk's strength increases every round (i.e. 6 seconds) when fighting. It increases to 150 in the second round, 200 in the third round and 500 in the 4th round and stays at that until he calms down. They both have 'thick skin' armor, but Namor's armor can only absorb around 10 pts per attack while Hulk's can absorb 50 pts per attack. So after about 18 seconds, any one punch can kill him off.
<supernerd mode: off>

If those points were translated into, say, pounds per square inch of force with respect to the Hulk's punches, what would the equivalent be within that one minute wherein he's supposed to be able to kill Aquaman?

FerminaDaza

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Batman v Superman leaked teaser
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2015, 04:29:08 am »

zack

watch the FULL leaked video

Jesse Eisenberg and others in voiceover saying ominous things like, “We as a population on this planet have been looking for a savior” and “We’re talking about a being whose very existence challenges our own sense of priority in the universe.”

â€œDevils don’t come from hell beneath us; they come from the sky.”

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:22:46 am by FerminaDaza »

FerminaDaza

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Batman v Superman 'Actual' Official Teaser
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2015, 03:16:49 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=51&v=IwfUnkBfdZ4[/youtube]
zack

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2015, 11:57:03 am »
cool trailer... hope to see more trailers... thanks for the share...

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2015, 06:10:59 pm »
I think that that thinks Zack is tricking us? I'm not 100% sold that is Batman Saying "Tell me..... Do you bleed.... you will" and not 100% sold that the scene that shows armored Batman and floating Superman is them about to fight each other. I wonder if that is a unknown villain saying that and they are about to team up to fight said villain.
Just speculation, but I do feel that the trailer is not all of what it seems. Also anyone heard about General Zod comes back as Doomsday,curtesy of LL experiments,its gotta be on the ending credits.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #121 on: June 26, 2015, 10:37:08 pm »
Finally a reply from WB regarding Tyreese

--A NOTE FROM WB REGARDING TYRESE--

Dear fans,

We at the WB are aware that Tyrese Gibson,star of Fast and Furious franchise, has provoked an enormous amount of fan outrage with his rabid campaigning for the role of Green Lantern in DC movie universe.

With all the negative attitude Tyrese has been garnering, Warner Brothers would like to remind fans that they will NEVER cast a person for a role if they will be disapproved of by the public. Movie goers will recall that this is the precise reason Michael Keaton never played Batman, Heath Ledger never played Joker, And Jesse Eisenberg will never star in a DCCU film. We will only cast universally approved choices such as Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jai Courtney, and Cara Delavigne.

We want to assure our viewers that we are aware they know better than us and we will always do what they think is best, even though the online community changes it mind every minute.

As we know from our experiences with the casting of Ben Affleck, a hated casting will always be hated because people never overreact and come to different conclusions. And beloved castings, such as Jared Leto's, never ever receive backlash, even when "damaged" is tattooed on their foreheads.

As the success of the previous Green Lantern movie taught us, universally liked casting choices such as Ryan Reynolds never fail to make a film a hit.

We would like to assure the viewing public that we will continue, as always, to make sure we create movies which cater to the fans in every way. Divisiveness is something we refuse to tolerate, as Man of Steel demonstrated. Rest assured that all DCCU movies will be 100% controversy free, and we continue our pledge to copy Marvel in all ways by making our CBM universe entirely generic and predictable in every manner possible.

You may now turn your outrage back to the recent casting of an infant as Spiderman, which you say is the best thing ever once you see Civil War,

Signed,
WB

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2015, 02:26:52 pm »
Finally a reply from WB regarding Tyreese

--A NOTE FROM WB REGARDING TYRESE--

Dear fans,

We at the WB are aware that Tyrese Gibson,star of Fast and Furious franchise, has provoked an enormous amount of fan outrage with his rabid campaigning for the role of Green Lantern in DC movie universe.

With all the negative attitude Tyrese has been garnering, Warner Brothers would like to remind fans that they will NEVER cast a person for a role if they will be disapproved of by the public. Movie goers will recall that this is the precise reason Michael Keaton never played Batman, Heath Ledger never played Joker, And Jesse Eisenberg will never star in a DCCU film. We will only cast universally approved choices such as Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, Jai Courtney, and Cara Delavigne.

We want to assure our viewers that we are aware they know better than us and we will always do what they think is best, even though the online community changes it mind every minute.

As we know from our experiences with the casting of Ben Affleck, a hated casting will always be hated because people never overreact and come to different conclusions. And beloved castings, such as Jared Leto's, never ever receive backlash, even when "damaged" is tattooed on their foreheads.

As the success of the previous Green Lantern movie taught us, universally liked casting choices such as Ryan Reynolds never fail to make a film a hit.

We would like to assure the viewing public that we will continue, as always, to make sure we create movies which cater to the fans in every way. Divisiveness is something we refuse to tolerate, as Man of Steel demonstrated. Rest assured that all DCCU movies will be 100% controversy free, and we continue our pledge to copy Marvel in all ways by making our CBM universe entirely generic and predictable in every manner possible.

You may now turn your outrage back to the recent casting of an infant as Spiderman, which you say is the best thing ever once you see Civil War,

Signed,
WB

John Stewart is going to be one of the Seven instead of Hal Jordan just like he was in Justice League Unlimited?

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2015, 12:04:31 am »
Tyresse is not gonna get it,for those who are old enough or just google it,Sean Young tried the same thing appearing in talk shows dress up as Catwoman,the role that went to Michele Pfeiffer eventually.Gotta audition and know your Justice League history Tyresse.There were two white GA first before John Stewart maybe in the next GL movie,John Stewart given the Earth sector after Hal went Space Cop no.1

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2015, 01:12:17 pm »
way i see it, this is the problem of the movie being in the limelight already while still in the shooting process... people tend to speculate and sometimes it becomes a negative one...