Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice⚡️💥  (Read 46548 times)

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 07:52:24 pm »
What's wrong with the lineup from the Young Justice animated series? I rather liked having Robin (Dick Grayson), Aqualad (Kaldur'ahm), and Kid Flash (Wally West) as the founding members who are later joined by Superboy (Conner Kent/Kon-El), Miss Martian (M'gann M'orzz), and Artemis (Artemis Crock). I also liked that the series' incarnation of the Justice League had a core group which consisted of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, FlashGreen Lantern (Hal Jordan), Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter.
Nothing wrong with it,but its an origins story and they asked people who actually knows and cares about the originals,Wondercon is full of people who actually care about the comic books, the artists,in fact Wondercon has more artists in the Artists Alley than San Diego Comi Con where they actually getting pushed out. While SDCC is pop culture con than a comic con the answer will be the current Young Justice Lineup. IMHO I think the origin story should be the original lineup,with a followup introducing the Judas Contract of Tera and Deathstroke in that lineup minus Speedy and Aqualad,adding Beast Boy,Raven,and Firestar.

bigbanggoo

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 333
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice⚡️💥
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2014, 02:25:15 am »
Either one is good, the problem is that the producers will most probably botch it.

b0ler0

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 99
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2014, 04:23:54 am »
Nothing wrong with it,but its an origins story and they asked people who actually knows and cares about the originals,Wondercon is full of people who actually care about the comic books, the artists,in fact Wondercon has more artists in the Artists Alley than San Diego Comi Con where they actually getting pushed out. While SDCC is pop culture con than a comic con the answer will be the current Young Justice Lineup. IMHO I think the origin story should be the original lineup,with a followup introducing the Judas Contract of Tera and Deathstroke in that lineup minus Speedy and Aqualad,adding Beast Boy,Raven,and Firestar.

I think that should be Starfire, not Firestar, lol.  Marvel will definitely sue them otherwise.  :)

But I'm sure it was just a typo, as you know your comic books, Gotenks... a genuine comic book fan who doesn't rely on Wikipedia to feign the depth of his knowledge on the matter is a rarity these days. 

To actually mention the legendary Judas Contract is worthy of respect, in my book.  That event is by far the masterpiece of the Marv Wolfman-George Perez team-up.  It's actually even better than their more popular work, Crisis on Infinite Earths.  That Wolfman-Perez run on the series was truly epic.  In the early eighties, only two continuing titles carried the comic book industry: Wolfman and Perez's New Teen Titans, and Chris Claremont's Uncanny X-Men.  Wolfman and Perez were a solid team throughout their run.  Claremont had help from Alan Davis, John Byrne, Art Adams, Barry Windsor-Smith, and Mark Silvestri.

Alas, forgive me for blabbering.  You mentioning "Judas Contract" brought back memories of a time when I was a young lad who can't afford a single issue of a comic book, and I had to ask my uncle to drive me to Filbars' main branch at New York St. Cubao so that I can browse through the pages of the most recent releases.  Also, for anyone similarly aged as I, if you noticed the comic books with missing plastic covers on the shelves of National Bookstore branches, I was most probably the culprit.  :D

Thank you for bringing me back to those years, bro.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 04:28:07 am by b0ler0 »

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2014, 09:36:22 am »
I think that should be Starfire, not Firestar, lol.  Marvel will definitely sue them otherwise.  :)

But I'm sure it was just a typo, as you know your comic books, Gotenks... a genuine comic book fan who doesn't rely on Wikipedia to feign the depth of his knowledge on the matter is a rarity these days. 

To actually mention the legendary Judas Contract is worthy of respect, in my book.  That event is by far the masterpiece of the Marv Wolfman-George Perez team-up.  It's actually even better than their more popular work, Crisis on Infinite Earths.  That Wolfman-Perez run on the series was truly epic.  In the early eighties, only two continuing titles carried the comic book industry: Wolfman and Perez's New Teen Titans, and Chris Claremont's Uncanny X-Men.  Wolfman and Perez were a solid team throughout their run.  Claremont had help from Alan Davis, John Byrne, Art Adams, Barry Windsor-Smith, and Mark Silvestri.

Alas, forgive me for blabbering.  You mentioning "Judas Contract" brought back memories of a time when I was a young lad who can't afford a single issue of a comic book, and I had to ask my uncle to drive me to Filbars' main branch at New York St. Cubao so that I can browse through the pages of the most recent releases.  Also, for anyone similarly aged as I, if you noticed the comic books with missing plastic covers on the shelves of National Bookstore branches, I was most probably the culprit.  :D

Thank you for bringing me back to those years, bro.
THanks for the correction Brah,I was just thinking of who's who that DIck Grayson had affairs with in the DC Universe and from Robin to Nightwing and in my opinion hes at par with Batman. Speaking of Judas Contract I met George Perez at SDCC back in 2000 and got a sketch for 50 bucks 3 years later I sold it for 350 to a fellow collector who died two years ago,his kids auctioned it for 2500 bucks. The Judas Contract is gonna be awesome if brought in the big screen,it has Deathstroke, it introduces his second son Joey Wilson,Terra from hero to zero crazy,dangerous villain,and the first appearance of Dick Grayson under his new costume and code-name Nightwing.
I hope they don't mince around they gotta show that Deathstroke is a child molester,and abuser.
   You sound like you know your comics and pop culture,I know SDCC is sold out already but Stan Lee's Comikaze is coming up for fall if you can get anywhere near S. Cali around October 31-Novermber 2nd at the LA Convention Center do it. Its worth the trip its at least the 3rd biggest convention besides SDCC and Wondercon,check out the celeb lineup and programming Brah http://comikazeexpo.com/

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Future Batmen & Facts about Batman on it's 25th Anniv
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 05:21:26 am »
Here's an enjoyable animation bit from ADHD: they hilariously imagine different famous actors as Batman. All the impressions are great. You'll see Matthew McConaughey putting on his True Detective mask, Kevin Spacey doing his Frank Underwood shtick, Mark Wahlberg's everyman persona, Aaron Paul screaming bitch and more.  ;D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gMZqGhGgxE#t=27[/youtube]

Addendum:

15 things you prolly didn't know about Tim Burton's Batman

4. Robin Williams had his feelings hurt. Tim Burton and Warner Brothers had always wanted Jack Nicholson as their top choice, but when he hesitated to take the part they began seriously talking to Robin Williams about the Joker role. When Nicholson caught word of this he accepted the part and Williams was left by the curb. Williams was so offended that he refused to play the role of the Riddler in Batman Forever or even do a Warner Brothers production until the studio apologized.

9. Fanboys weren’t happy about Michael Keaton. Dark Knight fanboys hating on Ben Affleck is nothing new for the Batman movie franchise. Michael Keaton’s casting of the caped crusader wasn’t met with positivity at first either. Batman fans were worried that the actor would come off as too comical and Warner Brothers received nearly 50,000 letters from angry fans. The controversy was eventually picked up by national news outlets including the Wall Street Journal.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:09:31 am by FerminaDaza »

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 08:54:53 am »
Robin Williams would have have made a better Riddler back in the day ;D

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 02:10:29 pm »
Robin Williams would have have made a better Riddler back in the day ;D

Edward Norton was supposedly going to play The Riddler in The Dark Knight but that might've been overkill since Two-Face and The Joker were already in it. Although those three together would be interesting, considering their contrasting and complementary personalities.

As far as the Teen Titans movie goes, I still think a Young Justice film based on the characters and storylines from the animated series would be a better choice. At the very least, it would be better than the teen drama Young Justice that's rumored to be in the planning stages for Warner Bros. TV lineup. 
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2014, 02:01:51 am »
Edward Norton was supposedly going to play The Riddler in The Dark Knight but that might've been overkill since Two-Face and The Joker were already in it. Although those three together would be interesting, considering their contrasting and complementary personalities.

As far as the Teen Titans movie goes, I still think a Young Justice film based on the characters and storylines from the animated series would be a better choice. At the very least, it would be better than the teen drama Young Justice that's rumored to be in the planning stages for Warner Bros. TV lineup.
The buzz during Wondercon after they showed "Son of Batman" is after Dawn of Justice Ben Afleck will be signed for a stand alone Batman possibley the "Arkham Asylum" everyone in the room got excited with the idea of Haley Quinn on the big screen,also Killer Croc,Riddler,of course the Joker possibly Matt Damon for the role and why not keep it in the family with Jennifer Garner playing Catwoman but someone from the back yelled Jessica ALba ;D.With San Diego Comic Con in about 3 weeks I'm gonna bet that Warner Bros. will have the biggest announcement ever they will kick Marvel and Disney on their face.Both DC and Warner Bros. booth will be so big that the Marvel booth will look pitiful.We will hear more where they lean if its the original TT,Young Justice.or the older version of Nightwing,Starfire,BeastBoy,Raven,Cyborg and Teen Flash.

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2014, 02:44:02 am »
The buzz during Wondercon after they showed "Son of Batman" is after Dawn of Justice Ben Afleck will be signed for a stand alone Batman possibley the "Arkham Asylum" everyone in the room got excited with the idea of Haley Quinn on the big screen,also Killer Croc,Riddler,of course the Joker possibly Matt Damon for the role and why not keep it in the family with Jennifer Garner playing Catwoman but someone from the back yelled Jessica ALba ;D.With San Diego Comic Con in about 3 weeks I'm gonna bet that Warner Bros. will have the biggest announcement ever they will kick Marvel and Disney on their face.Both DC and Warner Bros. booth will be so big that the Marvel booth will look pitiful.We will hear more where they lean if its the original TT,Young Justice.or the older version of Nightwing,Starfire,BeastBoy,Raven,Cyborg and Teen Flash.

Speaking of Marvel, a lot of fans seem to agree that Agents Of SHIELD just didn't match up to Arrow. What did Arrow do right that Agents Of SHIELD didn't (considering that Marvel fans were making fun of Arrow for not using the full Green Arrow name)?

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2014, 03:01:18 am »
Speaking of Marvel, a lot of fans seem to agree that Agents Of SHIELD just didn't match up to Arrow. What did Arrow do right that Agents Of SHIELD didn't (considering that Marvel fans were making fun of Arrow for not using the full Green Arrow name)?
Arrow is much darker and the thing about it is GA is nothing but another Bruce Wayne/Batman knockoff with a liberal attitude of course. Its just that when it comes to tv Warner rules it now with the Flash and Gotham,SHIELD will be on a deathwatch on its second season. I will try my best to post here the reaction of the fans in Hall H in SDCC when Warner announce its lineup both in the big and small screen.

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
  • I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 03:43:39 am »
Growing up watching Superfriends..not even Justice League...i been waiting to see a lice action movie of Superman, Batman and Robin, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Aquaman....i can't wait till 2016....even if the BvS:DoJ mainly focuses on Batman and Superman, with a few scene with Diana/Wonder Woman...probably with cameo/end credits of Aquaman..that is good enough for me....

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 08:47:35 am »
If Jason Momoa gets the Aquaman part,then there will be an open casting for Pacific Islander actors for the part of Atlanteans.We will see some Hollywood base Filipino actors on screen. I cant wait for the announcement just under 3 weeks there will be an official first trailer for the film.

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
See the Superman of the' Batman V Superman' movie
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2014, 11:38:55 am »

Oh, he’s in the rain, looking all serious.

Director Zack Snyder also explained to USA Today why the movie’s called Batman V Superman.

He explains that having the “v” instead of “vs.” is a way “to keep it from being a straight ‘versus’ movie, even in the most subtle way.”

mmmkay, but who will get custody rights to Robin?

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
Re: See the Superman of the' Batman V Superman' movie
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2014, 02:14:01 pm »

As much as the Smallville contingent still wishes that Tom Welling got the part, I have to say: Henry Cavill is Superman. For good or ill, it's his role now as much as it was Christopher Reeve's role before him.

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2014, 10:36:10 pm »
someone messed the poster immediately.  laffman::.
wrong pose...

https://twitter.com/KaisaJesta/status/484817575197827073/photo/1
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2014, 11:56:55 pm »
It looks like the color of the suit is a shade or two lighter almost like New 52 but still more like the Kingdom Come Supes.

FerminaDaza

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Badass (Gladiator) Wonder Woman
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 06:35:05 am »

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/493085967490637824

and of course Batman still sad (recognize the butt-chin)  :D

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:45:25 am by FerminaDaza »

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 08:07:48 am »
 ::inlove ooohh Gal Gadot why so pretty?

monosapien

• Mature (18+)
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 116
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2014, 09:48:33 am »
Bale is always the Lonely, Lunatic Millionaire

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2014, 08:17:38 pm »
Now you have the Affleck skepitical,trust no metahuman Batman :D

FerminaDaza

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Xena's reaction to Wonder Woman's outfit
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2014, 05:31:01 am »

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2014, 08:29:57 pm »
Similar costume I wonder if they will have her carry a shield with the sword,Gal Gadot charmed comic con,cant wait for the movie to see is she did do justice the Amazon Princess.

zensuke101

• The Laughing Man
  • Webmasters/Programmer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 80
  • "The Catcher in the Rye"
    • Public Security Section 9
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2014, 08:59:26 am »
masyadong matagal pa ang hihintayin natin
pAra sa movie kailan 2015 or 2016

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2014, 02:04:53 pm »
masyadong matagal pa ang hihintayin natin
pAra sa movie kailan 2015 or 2016

That gives Warner Bros. time to do things right. Let Disney flog Marvel into churning out movie after movie to pay back their investment.

To be fair, I do feel sorry for Marvel for having to pick up the slack since Star Wars Episode VII might be delayed due to Harrison Ford's injury.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2014, 07:53:39 pm »
That gives Warner Bros. time to do things right. Let Disney flog Marvel into churning out movie after movie to pay back their investment.

To be fair, I do feel sorry for Marvel for having to pick up the slack since Star Wars Episode VII might be delayed due to Harrison Ford's injury.

At Comic-Con there's already talk of Marvel burnout,the WB/DC tv programs got a lot of attention and the Dawn of Justice teaser,plus seeing the Trinity on stage is a big boner for fanboys and fangirls. toast::