Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: This hottie turned down Batman,Superman,Spidey b/c...  (Read 1979 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
This hottie turned down Batman,Superman,Spidey b/c...
« on: April 30, 2014, 05:35:47 pm »

At 35, Josh Hartnett is a far-wiser man than most of his peers in show business. The star of such classic films as Pearl Harbor, Hollywood Homicide and 40 Days and 40 Nights sat down with Details this month to talk about all things celebrity, from the woes of dating his sexy co-stars to the time that he almost gave up on his career because of a little thing called artistic integrity. But now he’s starring in the Showtime series Penny Dreadful, and he’s able to look back at the roles that he chose over the years and those that he passed on and laugh about what could have been.

For instance, did you know that Hartnett could have basically had his pick of any major superhero role he wanted, from Superman Returns to Batman or Spider-Man? It’s true, but he was smart enough at age 22 to realize that those roles were just big dead ends to an otherwise promising and fruitful career.

DETAILS: You’re 35 now, but in your twenties, you got offered pretty much everything. You turned down Superman Returns, and you were in talks to play almost every other superhero.

Josh Hartnett: Spider-Man was something we talked about. Batman was another one. But I somehow knew those roles had potential to define me, and I didn’t want that. I didn’t want to be labeled as Superman for the rest of my career. I was maybe 22, but I saw the danger.

DETAILS: Your agents must have been slitting their wrists.

Josh Hartnett: I didn’t have those agents for much longer after that. There was a lot of infighting between my manager and agents, trying to figure out who to put the blame on. It got to the point where none of us were able to work together.

DETAILS: What would you say if Warner Bros. called you tomorrow and said, “Josh, we’d still love you to wear the cape. We’ve got a great new concept . . . “?

Josh Hartnett: I’d say, “Let’s talk about how it would be done, see if we can get on the same page.” Compromise doesn’t scare me anymore.

DETAILS: If you're a ladies' man, that's what you do with your life—always chasing?

Josh Hornett: That's never been the case with me. I've always just wanted a relationship. Otherwise there's nothing. The scene can eat you up. It's eaten up enough of my life already.
(Ohh ithinkmypantiejusthithefloor) toinkss

...ohkay 2000's hottie, please stay & do more movies -
Lucky Number Slevin was a pretty f*cking good movie  :-*

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 05:47:08 pm by FerminaDaza »

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
Re: This hottie turned down Batman,Superman,Spidey b/c...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 12:16:51 am »

Josh Hornett:
(Ohh ithinkmypantiejusthithefloor) toinkss

"Josh Hornett"? And what the Nilfheim are these panties doing on the floor?  ;D  laffman::

It's been said that Tom Welling of Smallville fame actually turned down Superman Returns and Man Of Steel because he didn't want to be known as Clark Kent/Superman for his entire career. Chris Evans said that he wants to quit being Captain America by 2017, most likely because he wants to be able to do other films. And Ralph Fiennes reportedly declined to be part of the new Star Wars movies because he didn't want to reprise his role as Lord Voldemort in another universe (no pun intended).

As George Clooney put it regarding Batman & Robin, the role paid well and he's man enough to accept the criticisms that continue to rain down on the movie to this day. But it also made him more adamant not to take projects simply for the cash. If his future roles would be failures, then they would be failures on his own terms. It seems he hasn't looked back on that vow since then.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Re: This hottie turned down Batman,Superman,Spidey b/c...
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 12:45:14 am »

"Josh Hornett"? And what the Nilfheim are these panties doing on the floor?  ;D  laffman::

i thought Josh would want me to be happy...and nekked...
and start a revolution!  laffman::