Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Amazing 4 Female Rockers Filling Cobain's shoes  (Read 1481 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Amazing 4 Female Rockers Filling Cobain's shoes
« on: April 11, 2014, 12:55:35 pm »
The RRHOF ceremony won't be televised until May 31 (on HBO), but some video has already leaked of a few of the performances, including Lorde singing "All Apologies"

The remaining members of the band bassist Krist Novoselic, drummer Dave Grohl and guitarist Pat Smear took the stage to perform, they were joined by four female rockers filling Cobain’s vocals- Joan Jett, St. Vincent, Kim Gordon and Lorde to sing a song from Nirvana’s catalogue, and I have a feeling Kurt, a feminist, would have loved it!! 💓

[Rolling Stone]

[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m3TF9NurW8&sns=em[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttYVoCRjYxg&sns=em[/youtube]

SO RAD 
8)✌️🙌👏

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
In honor of Lorde's bubblegum pink suit 💐
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:23:00 pm »

She looks like equal parts Hillary Clinton and Queen Elizabeth, with a black sports bra as a top underneath. #killingit   ;D

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Re: Amazing 4 Female Rockers Filling Cobain's shoes
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:21:16 pm »
@MadC ,sowii ulet flooding na me   ;D

Nirvana had a *secret show after RRHOF en one fanatics shared the video

From Tommy's Facebook page:

Just as I was about to go to bed after a killer night at the RnR HoF Induction Ceremony with Marta, I heard about a secret, post-ceremony Nirvana show happening at St. Vitus that was already underway. Naturally, I cruised the fu*k over there and used every rockstar superpower bestowed upon me by the rock gods to try to get in to the show and low & behold...  In space the size of my apartment, I caught part of one of the most amazing, 16-song live sets I have ever seen which, at one point or another, included guest vocals by the likes of Joan Jett, Kim Gordon, J Mascis, and mutherfu*kin' John McCauley of Deer Tick, who at one point in the set had to stop & teach the band how to play their own songs.  This picture is of St. Vincent singing 'Heart Shaped Box', which is the only picture I took before my phone died.  Needless to say, if you need me today I'll be on Cloud 9, please leave a message.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGCEr87IOAU&sns=em[/youtube]

merci Tommy!

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 03:54:23 pm »
 ;D OT narinig ko sa radio niyakap ni Courtney Love si Dave

So this means may peace and love na  :applause

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 04:34:40 pm »

yups,everyone kiss and made up after all :)

Believe din me kay Dave aside from being a drummer/FF frontman so so He's very generous too!He left a bar tender $1000 tip,two nights in a row! Putting mga kuripot like Tiger Woods & LeBron to shame.ew.

back to RRHOF moments, Dave was joined by Courtney & Kurt's mom os stage.

Cobain’s mother fought back tears as she said of her son “he would have been so proud. He’d say he wasn’t, but he would be.”

An uncommonly terse Love echoed that sentiment, “Tonight, he really would have appreciated.”

Love also vowed to give the award to their daughter, Francis Bean, “who isn’t here because she’s sick.”

Novoselic thanked Cobain for fronting music “that means so much for so many people.”

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:42:15 pm by FerminaDaza »