Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Keep resting in peace,Kurt 💐 ❤️  (Read 2204 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Keep resting in peace,Kurt 💐 ❤️
« on: April 06, 2014, 03:36:24 am »

I can't help not to remember my 'pennyroyal tea' :( Please allow me to share and to mark the 20th anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death-

Here's their entire MTV Unplugged episode, which is one of the most iconic rock performances in existence.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV45Z2l-8Rw&sns=em[/youtube]

...i feel better now, thanks Espiya!👍

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Re: Keep resting in peace,Kurt 💐 ❤️
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 04:02:33 am »
 smoking:: best Musician ever!

buruguduyskie

• Khangkhungkhernetz
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 17
  • ''U hav 2 Learn 2 Crawl...Before u Learn 2 Walk''
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 02:03:23 pm »
 toast::
''The sun is gone, but I have a light.'' - Kurt Cobain

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 03:13:12 pm »
 toast:: :)

@ sa mga nagwonder if 47 na ko,di nemen si Kurt yun! mag explain ba heh heh It was my brother who's really into Kurt at first kasi...and being a small sister,my bro has no choice but to look after me pag wala ang nanay-so hayun, sa lahat ng music trip nya mas na-familiar ako sa Nirvana. So as much as i like their songs then & til now, for me it was just as meaningful also to remember & cherish me & my good bro times of YORE.#90sB*tch  ;D

anyhu,here's another tortured masterpiece: In Utero,Nirvana's last studio album

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fn-VaRLrok&sns=em[/youtube]

kurt1980

• 2008 Guardians
  • Citizen
  • Karma 1
  • Scentless Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 03:29:29 pm »

I'm so happy because today I found my friends - they're in my head.
- Kurt Cobain
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
- Kurt Cobain

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
Re: Keep resting in peace,Kurt
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 04:07:39 pm »
smoking:: best Musician ever!

No offense but I think it's quite a stretch to proclaim that about Kurt Cobain. I'll be honest and admit that I wasn't a grunge fan (although I did like Alice In Chains and Soundgarden since they sounded like metal) and I certainly wasn't a Nirvana fan. I cheered the day that Meat Loaf knocked them out of the top spot on MTV's U.S. Top Ten back in 1993.

Having said that, I do believe that Kurt Cobain was the voice of his generation--tormented and pained though that voice was--and he and his band were a reflection or an embodiment of their followers' appearances and ideals. They didn't dress in an overly theatrical manner similar to KISS. They weren't as technical as Mr. Big. They didn't live the high life like Motley Crue. They dressed simply (their clothes were little different from what the majority of their fans wore), they played with a rawness and raucousness akin to punk rock, and they didn't ride around in Ferraris or stretch limousines. As the title of one of their songs said, "Come As You Are" and that's what Nirvana's message was to the people who loved them: you don't have to be anyone other than yourself. It didn't matter if you still hadn't figured out who you were exactly; what mattered was that you were trying to be you and not trying to be anyone else. What mattered was that you were living your life and doing what you loved as honestly and as passionately as you could.

I remember MTV preempting their entire programming worldwide on the day Kurt Cobain died. Kurt Loder was manning the news desk and reporting on the tragedy in somber tones that echoed John F. Kennedy and John Lennon's own deaths -- both generational icons with whom Kurt Cobain has his rightful place. 
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 04:22:26 pm »
andito pala si Kurt e / hi Kurt1980,thanks for sharing  :D

What's fascinate me about Kurt,too, is his most *feminist quotes-

"I have nothing against heavy metal, except that some of it is pretty sexist"

Eto yun time na may feud sila ni Axl Rose, he told a crowd at a pro-gay rights benefit show:

"Those people are total sexist jerks, and the reason we’re playing this show is to fight homophobia in a real small way,” . “[Axl Rose] is a fucking sexist and a racist and a homophobe, and you can’t be on his side and be on our side. I’m sorry that I have to divide this up like this, but it’s something you can’t ignore.”

"I would like to get rid of the homophobes, sexists, and racists in our audience. I know they’re out there and it really bothers me, If any of you in any way hate homosexuals, people of a different color, or *women, please do this one favour for us… Don’t come to our shows and don’t buy our records."

"I am not gay, although I wish I were, just to piss off homophobes"

#justsharing peace sa mga Guns N'Roses fanatics po  ::flowers

#90sB*tch F*ck Mary Kill:  (i will) F*ck Kurt Mary Brett Kill Axl 
wahahaha Peace out!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqwInf9PTe0&sns=em[/youtube]
boom ovaries! 🔥

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:36:24 pm by FerminaDaza »

FerminaDaza

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
Michael Stipe inducts Nirvana into Rock N Roll Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 01:11:15 am »

Stipe said: "Nirvana were artists in every sense of the word,Nirvana tapped into a voice that was yearning to be heard. Nirvana were kicking against the mainstream. They spoke truth and a lot of people listened."

"They were singular and loud and melodic and deeply original.And that voice. That voice. Kurt, we miss you. I miss you. This is not just pop music. This is something much greater than that."

Humbling & amazing ,everybody wants to work with Stipe \m/