Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Tom Cruise is getting sued for $1Billion  (Read 5841 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Tom Cruise is getting sued for $1Billion
« on: February 05, 2014, 02:06:22 am »

A screenwriter has filed a $1 billion copyright infringement lawsuit against Tom Cruise, Paramount Pictures and 10 other defendants, alleging that the idea for the box office hit Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol was stolen from a script he wrote.

In court papers obtained by ET that were filed on December 20, 2013, screenwriter Timothy Patrick McLanahan alleges that he came up with the original idea for Cruise's 2011 action film, which he claims was based on a script called Head On that he allegedly wrote in 1998.

McLanahan said the plot similarities were obvious between his Head On script and Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol.

"I immediately recognized that the scripts for this movie had been illegally written and produced from Head On's 1998 copyright," he alleges in the court documents.

The $1 billion lawsuit seeks damages to cover Ghost Protocol's box office and DVD sales, movie rentals and subscription sales.

ET Online

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
Re: Tom Cruise is getting sued for $1Billion
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 02:37:14 am »
Oh my,goodluck on taking on TC and Paramount :applause

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 02:54:44 am »
The Church of Scientology's black ops team has a new target.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 07:01:51 pm »
That's one stupid lawsuit :applause

gkhan

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 09:14:51 pm »
Alam mo hijo, sa aremica, uso ang kasuhan at gagawa sila ng anumang kaso para kumita.  Natapunan mo lang ng kape sa starbucks ang katabi mo ay mag kaso na yun.  Pero hindi mo pwede sabihin na "stupid" ang kaso dahil may dahilan at karapatan ang tao upang humingi ng redress to a perceived injustice, kun meron man.  It would be up to the court to decide on the merit or demerit of the case.

maniac2999

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 178
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 09:34:08 pm »
Alam mo hijo, sa aremica, uso ang kasuhan at gagawa sila ng anumang kaso para kumita.  Natapunan mo lang ng kape sa starbucks ang katabi mo ay mag kaso na yun.  Pero hindi mo pwede sabihin na "stupid" ang kaso dahil may dahilan at karapatan ang tao upang humingi ng redress to a perceived injustice, kun meron man.  It would be up to the court to decide on the merit or demerit of the case.

to add to these,

hindi lang basta pwede, may mga kaso pang nananalo yung maliit vs. dun sa malaki.. kaya nga may IP lawyers, IP court , and even an IP lawsuit state sa US, no wonder may actual market segment para sa "nuisance cases".

gotenks

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 71
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 11:52:10 pm »
Responded Cruise’s lawyer, “Tom Cruise has never stolen anything from anyone.  This bizarre lawsuit against 13 people for combined copyright infringement and ‘age discrimination’ will be quickly dismissed by the Court.”

Timothy Patrck Mclanahan can be sued by the writers of the movie they're Andre Nemec and Josh Applebaum specially Andre he's been around a long time he scripted Beverly Hills Cop 4,Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and he also co created ABC dramas October Road, Life on Mars, and Happy Town. Other past credits include Alias, Fastlane, Going to California, and Profiler. So he alone got a lot to lose.So I side with Tom and the writers on this one.